Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Spell here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 27, 17 12:41 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/27/2017 at 5:11:23 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Spell here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 27, 17 5:11 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 27, 17 7:05 AM
Doesn't fit screen & there no adjustment in options to change like wide screen or less! So far just got to 1 HO scene Can see bottom row of what I need to find! I can make screen smaller in options like full or small just to see bottom list, that that too small that I have to go back & 4th! Never did find a hint button either, not sure if it was designed that way! Wow bummer cause its not too bad of a game! I'm playing on brand new PC 23 inch screen Windows 10!
Not sure if this will even be acknowledged but I hope other fish will let BF know so they don't just think its me! The reply from BF has been lately! Sorry game doesn't work on your computer!

badgerfann
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by badgerfann on Mar 27, 17 7:47 AM
Am not able to even attempt to play the game as the mouse is uncontrolable. The slightest movement sends it jumping all over the screen. Had to task manager to get out of the game. Playing on Windows 10.

Edited on 03/27/2017 at 7:48:01 AM PST

johnski
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by johnski on Mar 27, 17 7:50 AM
Game wont go full screen. It is only two thirds of the screen. It goes from the left side about 2 thirds of the way and the right side is black. Tried it on my laptop which is windows 10 and my desktop that is windows 7 and I get the same thing on both. I hope they get a fix soon.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 27, 17 8:16 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and thank players for posting what is occurring within their games in this designated thread. We definitely want to help get things up and running as they should. Thank you for also letting us know what troubleshooting steps have been taken.

For the display issues as well as the mouse being uncontrollable, it is recommended to refer to the following Big Fish Games Help pages as they contain troubleshooting steps that have been known to help resolve these issues:

Run Game as Administrator

The first help page contains steps on how to update your video card driver while the second help page shows players how to run the game as an administrator. These will help the game obtain the necessary permissions to run properly.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

vannojo
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Spell here.

[Post New]by vannojo on Mar 27, 17 8:59 AM
I also have the same issues as stated above. "Help" was not helpful.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 27, 17 11:31 AM
Hi vannojo,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing technical issues in your game. Thank you for trying the suggested troubleshooting steps from the Big Fish Games Help pages. Since further troubleshooting is needed, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The support team has the appropriate tools to provide assistance based on your computer's configurations.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Mar 27, 17 2:48 PM
windows 10 -pc. Same issues as other players. Doesn't fit screen and can't see bottom unless in window mode, then screen is too small. This definitely needs a little tweeks by the developers!
It was released in 2014!!

Edited on 03/27/2017 at 2:57:07 PM PST

SECURITY RISK DETECTED

[Post New]by vicci0328 on Mar 27, 17 3:28 PM
Before my game would even open, I got a message from Norton that "A program is behaving suspiciously on your computer. Threat name is "Sonar.AM.E!g8" We recommend you choose to remove it." What's up with this? In all the years I've been a member of Big Fish, I've never seen this type of response when downloading their games. Anyone seen this before?

*****Could one of moderators please address this issue? Thanks for your assistance with this problem...

Edited on 03/28/2017 at 12:46:55 PM PST

[Post New]by leggs4434 on Mar 27, 17 5:23 PM
I received the same security message, A program is behaving suspiciously on your computer. Threat name is "Sonar.AM.E!g8" We recommend you choose to remove it." , from Norton. I uninstalled the game, restarted my computer, reinstalled the game and still got the same security message.

[Post New]by irssecretary on Mar 30, 17 8:55 AM

I had the same problems as the others listed in this forum. Now the game will not even open! I get a blank black screen and have to ctrl, alt, delete and bring up my task manager while doing that I get a white error box saying something, I don't remember, but my system does a check and closes the program. Help no help! A free game should coupon should be issued to whoever purchased this game.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 30, 17 2:59 PM
Hi All,

I definitely understand wanting to look into technical problems that occur in games, and I wanted to stop by here with help.

It sounds like some users have been seeing that the game is displaying strangely or not starting properly. To work on resolving this, I suggest taking a look at the help articles I've included below. The first help article contains steps that can be particularly useful in a variety of different situations, and the second contains some info that can help when a game isn't displaying correctly:

Screen Resolution

If this problem continues I then recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. Our Reps are certainly willing to help as best they can, and are equipped to provide further assistance with issues like these.

vicci0328 and leggs4434, it sounds like you both were seeing a virus message when you went to play the game, and I absolutely understand wanting to look into this. I want to assure you that all of our games are tested thoroughly before being released, and are guaranteed to be free of viruses.

Our teams here absolutely want people to be able to enjoy their games without encountering messages like this, and I'm sorry to hear this has happened. It sounds like this is a false message, which can appear if an antivirus program mistakenly identifies safe files as malicious.

In this situation, the best thing to do is contact our Technical Support Team. Our Support Team can work with the antivirus company to resolve this issue, and our Reps are always willing to help. When contacting them, the Moderation Team also encourages including the following information:

- The title of the game causing this issue.
- The name of the antivirus company you use.
- The content of the message that appeared.
- The Big Fish Games file that was detected as having a virus.

If anyone would like additional information on this, I recommend checking out the following help article:

Virus Messages

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 30, 17 2:59 PM
Thank you all for your patience and understanding. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Go to: