Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Wave of Time here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 27, 17 12:48 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/27/2017 at 5:14:00 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Wave of Time here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 27, 17 5:14 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Wave of Time here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Wave of Time.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 27, 17 7:17 AM
Not a bad game! Maybe to use a coupon w/! Like it a lot better then featured one "The Spell" Voice overs, time travel. A little goofy but interesting! don't care for mini games, but that's nothing new for me, I never do! I'm a Adventurer, & HO player, & game has that, fantasy or futuristic or fairy tale like! I have enough of real world, I think were gamer's to escape that for a bit! HaHaHa!
Doesn't hurt or cost to give it a try!

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 27, 17 9:34 AM
Nice little game! I like it, and the puzzles are kind of fun to me. 1/2

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Mar 27, 17 9:48 AM
Yes this is a nice little game. I agree that it is much better than the featured game.
I like the bright sharp graphics. The scenery of the Swiss Alps is gorgeous. There appears to be a lot of puzzles but they are fun to do and not hard. This game may not require a lot of brain power but so far I'm having fun with it.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 27, 17 10:58 AM
Oh my gosh, I purchased it with a coupon and it gets even better and more fun as I go! Quirky little plot twist. The mini puzzles are all doable and yet not boring. I NOW give this game Have fun!

Abs

beckins
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:How long is the game?

[Post New]by beckins on Mar 27, 17 12:13 PM
I have been burned far too many times by a game that is over within a couple of hours of the trial ending. Anyone know how long this game is? I am already in the second stage which is set in the present after leaving the physics textbook in the past.

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Mar 27, 17 2:15 PM
If you like mini-games like I do then this is for you. So far I am enjoying very much and will purchase. Like the bright colors in the scenes and mini-games different but not hard. Thanks for Wave of Time. Also thanks to the reviewers for not giving away endings or surprises in the game as it seems so many people are doing without writing spoiler first.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 27, 17 6:39 PM
beckins Ive been playing game for a bit, haven't finished it but I think maybe 2 1/2 hrs! Seems I have a way to go & I'm pretty quick! Id estimate maybe 4hrs or more if you don't skip mini games! I cant be positive! so don't hate me if I'm wrong!

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on Mar 27, 17 11:01 PM
Seriously? This has to be one of the dumbest games I have 'tried' to play here and I have been playing games here for a long time. I lasted about five minutes and exited out.

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by charlene_lane on Mar 27, 17 11:01 PM
Have bought the game and playing it now. Most definitely a game for the whole family (kids, grandkids and the like). Its very educational. Kind of a quirky story of going back in time. Lots and lots of puzzles and mini-games. Hey, they are harder than you think! I'm doing the differences in the animals with 2 more to find. I'm too tired now to think, so will carry on tomorrow. Good game in play in between those big grunty games that we play.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 28, 17 1:41 AM
I was very surprised how much I enjoyed playing the demo. The colours and graphics are very nice, and I like the story and gameplay.

There are a lot of puzzles, but unlike those in other games, I love the ones in this game.

There are no achievements or any other extras - which is fine by me - and in Casual mode, the hint and skip buttons fill very fast.

The one thing I didn't like was the clanking sound each time I picked up an item, whether it was in the main game or in a HOS. Also, the translation into English is not quite up to standard.

Other than that I like this game, and it's a buy for me.

beckins
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Thank you nanafraser

[Post New]by beckins on Mar 28, 17 5:22 AM
It sounds like I still have a ways to go so this is a definite buy for me. My youngest son and I play HOS games together for an hour every afternoon. I know he is going to love this one so now I have to decide if I want to play it all the way through or should I wait and play it with him once we finish our current game. Decisions, decisions, decisions....

[Post New]by bamabreezelulu on Mar 28, 17 9:39 PM
I don't think it's a stupid game, just intended for younger players. As I've mentioned before, I wish they could rate games by age. This would fall in 10-14 yr olds. I found the sounds annoying & I also found the connection between USA & money offensive. Storyline interesting.

thought it was good right up till....

[Post New]by lady_elzbet on Mar 28, 17 10:27 PM
So I was playing the trial and it ran out so I decided to get my last punch of the month by buying this one. So far the play was fun and not too challenging but still occupied the time. Waited for the activation and started playing. As is all too common with the newer games i was completed in just under an additional hour. Took me about an hour and 24 minutes to play this one start to finish and it almost seemed like once you paid your money that's it game done. What happened to actually fixing some of the messed up things in the past. Sure they went to get the book but he had already looked at it so the damage was in part done. could have had a few more scenes with cleaning up the mess, a little bit of knowledge can create. Sorry to say Big Fish got me again and the game was over before it actually started.

Edited on 03/28/2017 at 10:28:19 PM PST

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Mar 29, 17 9:59 AM
Wow, you finished in an hour and 24 minutes?! I'm impressed. I've been playing 4 hours already and still am not finished.

I really like this game. It gives lots of mini games and some are quite difficult, especially those that require specific timing. So far I have only skipped one mini game, the one with the rotating mirrors. Just couldn't get that one to work.

The story line is good, I'm interested to see how it ends. I'm glad I bought this game.

linssue55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by linssue55 on Mar 31, 17 3:55 PM
Interesting, but no buy.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Apr 4, 17 7:25 PM
I am enjoying this game, skipped some mini-games that aren't my style, but still worth the free game credit. It truly does seem like an older game,though. Not complaining, just mentioning. So hard to find HO games with a science fiction background.

Love the clear graphics and bright colors!

Got to go finish!
CelticCoco

kiddopal
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by kiddopal on Apr 6, 17 3:25 AM
Excellent game! If you like puzzles, you will like this game. There are some innovative puzzles and some that are simple to figure out but still fun. I am hoping we can get more games like this.

Go to: