bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Comments and Reviews for Zhu Zhu Pets

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 12, 10 1:50 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Zhu Zhu Pets? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Hope to hear from you!

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Zhu Zhu Pets

[Post New]by katy12250 on Apr 12, 10 3:18 AM
This game just doesn't appeal to me enought to even DL it. If it was the DD, I propbably would try it since I do try almost all the DDs - you never know when you'll find something you really like. With all the other great games has recently put out, expecially Royal Envoy, I'll give this one a pass. And this also gives me a chance to look at some of the other games that I haven't yet tried. Oh, and to play the games I already have! Looking forward to the next game...

[Post New]by KarenClover on Apr 12, 10 3:52 AM
It's very similar to a PC game I tried some time back called Super Gerball (I think that's the correct spelling). It has the attraction that all the kids would play it sometimes, although I'm guilty of hamstercide in the scale of thousands at least!!! The only drawback I could see is that there are only 2 party games, and the races are the same for all 3 versions (by that I mean time trial, remix and whatever the 3rd one was, not easy, medium and difficult). Howeve3r it was still both enjoyable and cute.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Apr 12, 10 3:57 AM
Really !!!!

[Post New]by Coronagold on Apr 12, 10 4:54 AM
KarenClover is right. Just from the cover pic I could see that this is a rehash of Super Gerball, a game I enjoyed for about 3 minutes before giving up in total frustration about 4-5 years ago. If you're absolutely convinced you're a Japanese boy with the reflexes of a ninja, this is your game.

[Post New]by xenogamer55 on Apr 12, 10 5:12 AM
Kiddy game, how many in a row? BF is forcing me to go to other web sites.

morticia6
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,044 Posts

[Post New]by morticia6 on Apr 12, 10 5:13 AM
not only super gerball but an exact replica of hamsterball from the other site. give or take a couple levels. it really is a cute game. you play a hamster inside a ball and have to get through obsticle courses to the goal during each level. the only problem is i can see this getting quite frustrating very easily. i finished the tournament on easy difficulty and got to the last level on normal during my trial. there is an easy, normal and difficult setting and also a two player mode that i didn't try so that could be fun to play with your child. i remember a similar game as a kid called marble madness that i loved so this game would probably be great for kids. since there is the two player mode they can also play with their friends.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 12, 10 5:17 AM
xenogamer55 wrote:Kiddy game, how many in a row? BF is forcing me to go to other web sites.
Actually, the last kid game was on April the 7th Super Granny 5, unless you count Fashion Boutique a kids game. Sorry if you don't like these games- but some do. TMann

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Apr 12, 10 5:39 AM
This has to be a new low for Big Fish! Come on guys what's going on?

tibicar
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by tibicar on Apr 12, 10 5:46 AM
My kids rushed out shouting hamsterball 2 is out and it's called zhu zhu pets. Is this the same company? If not this must be downright copyright infringement, It's exactly the same races plus a couple extra. They are using the hour to play the extra races but we won't be buying it as we have Hamsterball!!!

tibicar
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by tibicar on Apr 12, 10 6:08 AM
Just put it on and it is by the same company, looks like they decided to capitalise on the fact that zhu zhu pets are so popular by adding a couple of levels to hamsterball and then relaunching. If you look on their site raptisoft the hamsterball images are zhu zhu images.

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Apr 12, 10 6:39 AM
I have had Hampster Ball for years I bought it from another site and when I joined BFG it wasn't even on here as a choice, but I waited thinking it would arrive soon but never did and my grandkids ( 6 of them) and their friends hounded me to get them Hampster Ball so I had to go back to my old site and redoiwnload it. Kids have so much fun playing it. they always come over to our house and play on both of our computers, play Webkins etc and I always walk in the room to see what they are playing and almost always one of them has Hampster Ball going. and yes ZUH ZUH PETS looks exactly like it--- If you have kids under 18 they will play this again and again the kids never get tired of it.Even my 5 yr old grandson is getting pretty good at it when he plays the easy ones.

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Apr 12, 10 7:21 AM
OLDBAY wrote: Really !!!!

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Apr 12, 10 7:32 AM
KitKat5169 wrote:

Indeed.

strilf
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by strilf on Apr 12, 10 7:45 AM
Kiddie game? Only if you insist on thinking about the hamsters... It's not NEARLY as easy as the hamsters and colours might indicate, in fact it's bloody hard! I tried it on easy mode (yes, yes, well, I have to start somewhere, don't I? ) and I fell off SOOOOOO many times, each time howling with laughter because I was so bad at it.

I thought it was hilarious and I for one could definitely do with some more levels. Will go back to my trial time now to see if there may be something I've overlooked. If there is, it's a maybe, depending on how much there might be. If there isn't, then I'll wait until it comes on DD, will gladly pay $2.99 (plus VAT and whatnot) for something that makes me laugh that much.

IMO, great entertainment value and lots of challenge.

/strilf, over and out

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Apr 12, 10 7:47 AM
bailey8877 wrote:This has to be a new low for Big Fish! Come on guys what's going on?

Been waiting since March 28th for a "good" IHOG game

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Apr 12, 10 8:32 AM
I am not a fan of these types, of games at all, or the marble shooter games, I do realize that BF has to put out a variety, so for those of you that enjoy this type, happy gaming :-)
I am going into withdrawl, and wanting so badly, to find a good game, to get into.
Besides, Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors, which I loved, its been pretty dry, on good games this month.
PLEASE...BF, give me my magical moment, when I log into the BF site, and find a game that I LOVE !
Depression is setting in and I need something, to lift my spirits .

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Apr 12, 10 10:04 AM
phatkhat wrote:
KitKat5169 wrote:

Indeed.

I've gotten better at biting my tongue ,,haven't I ??

Just as long as I got my point across !!!

webster
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by webster on Apr 12, 10 10:54 AM
I have to agree with the really answer!

jdwolfpack
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by jdwolfpack on Apr 12, 10 10:56 AM
I have not downloaded this game yet, I am waiting till the kids get home from school to see if they want to try it out. I wanted to comment on those who are complaining about to many kid games being released. I think it is great that Big Fish thinks about all the people out there and not just the adults. Kids play games too and why should they be left out? I know this game is just a copy of another game with a poppular name added to it but its not like it is the first time it has been done nor will it be the last. Big Fish games is a company after all and they are out to make money from people buying games so why not market to everyone you can? If I were them thats what I would be doing!! Also alot of kids were on spring break last week that maybe why more kid friendly games have been offered. I say stop complaining and just think of it as a company trying to reach out to everyone instead of just a few!!

Go to: