Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Nostradamus: The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 28, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/28/2017 at 6:40:59 AM PST

Horrible game

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Mar 28, 17 3:27 AM
I lasted all of 15 minutes giving this game a try. It was quite a trial on my part to last that long. The game evidently was made maybe ten or so years ago if the mechanics are any indication. Very slow to move.....things to click for no reason......music not too bad...if you like loud intrusive tones....first hidden object scene dark, gloomy and you had to do it not once, not twice, but three times before allowed the prize. When I arrived at the house with the rocks flying about I gave up and flew for the exit.
I'm sure there are those who will like, perhaps even love...this game but I am not one of them.

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Nostradamus: The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse here.

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Mar 28, 17 5:14 AM
Miss Marigold, Amen! I didn't last that long!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Nostradamus: The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 28, 17 6:41 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Nostradamus: The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Nostradamus: The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Mar 28, 17 7:01 AM
2 mins was enough

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 28, 17 8:23 AM
I agree w/ the comments! & Ive never said this about a game! worse one Ive ever played. & Ive been playing games on computer for a long time! I think I wore my mouse out! Kept trying stuff over & over! then it takes it! I think by the time I ever finished game Id be nutso!

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 28, 17 9:41 AM
It could have been tolerable (with a coupon because it's not that great) if the controls had worked a little better. Very slow reaction time, jumpy and well I'm not buying it and wouldn't recommend it. I wish we could get better quality SE games more often! We had a great one the other day. We used to have them all the time. Oh well, this one gets a big

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 28, 17 10:38 AM

I applaud the developers for a game try. The subject matter is intriguing, but the clunky game mechanics makes is unplayable for me. Sorry, but iI cannot recommend this game.

samisgram
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by samisgram on Mar 28, 17 11:27 AM
I thought at first there was something wrong with my mouse. Looked like it could be a good game, but NOT.

[Post New]by gallaghermaryg on Mar 28, 17 3:06 PM
I agree with the other reviewers. I lasted 23mins. I thought it was a dreadful game

campfire29
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by campfire29 on Mar 28, 17 6:13 PM
I have to admit the comments above were far better then the game. LOL!!!!

Edited on 03/28/2017 at 6:14:26 PM PST

stusue
Clownfish
Clownfish
597 Posts

[Post New]by stusue on Mar 29, 17 6:50 AM
Okay, I'm definitely swimming against the tide here, but I loved what I played of the demo.

Game Mechanics:

The mechanics are definitely different but, once I'd worked out how to play the game, I found it intriguing. However, I played with touch so I didn't notice any mouse problems. I also played with the top screen resolution (3840x2160) and I don't know if that helped and, if so, how much.

Graphics:

I loved the dark, very atmospheric graphics (although the close-up snakes were very blocky). The scenes were crystal clear, as well as the characters.

Discovery:

I also loved the way you moved about the house, clicking wherever the doors were to enter/exit a room or hallway. And I loved the way you can click on things that aren't pertinent to the game. Sometimes you get comments and sometimes you just open an empty drawer or cupboard, just like you would in real life. That to me always makes a game more fun.

Hidden Object Scenes:

I love really dark, difficult HOSs. Some things were really hard to spot, things that were very small and hidden in dark corners, or were made out of glass, but you can zoom in and, even though the closer in you get the blurrier it gets, I was able to find everything. And I also loved having to find 27 objects in the first straight-list HOS (3 lots of 9). I only played 2 HOSs, 1 straight list and 1 silhouette, and the silhouette one was really hard! Not only were the objects small and very well hidden, but it was also difficult to work out what you were looking for and I had to zoom in to find them all. I loved it!

Minigames:

I only played one minigame and that was very easy. I also only played 1 inventory puzzle (the alchemist table) and that was also very easy. I hope they get harder as the game progresses but, if they don't, the challenge in every other aspect of the game, as well as the original game mechanics and interesting story, will hopefully keep me entertained until the end.

To Sum Up:

Yes, it's a difficult game, difficult to work out where to go and how the game mechanics work as they're very different to what we're used to. But I loved the challenge they presented and can't wait to continue with the game, even if the game mechanics make it a tad frustrating at times. I also play with touch so no icon changes to help, which adds to the challenge, and there isn't a lot of hand holding. But the Hint is there if you need it.

VLewis138
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by VLewis138 on Mar 29, 17 11:45 AM
I tried this game for 10 mins. Couldn't figure out how to use the items in inventory. Game is very slow moving. Don't understand why BFG would release this one. Who Beta tested this game?

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Mar 29, 17 11:46 AM
Had to bow out at the door lock puzzle. I was already annoyed at the 2006-ness of the game, but the puzzle was just silly. All the pieces moved except the last piece. There's no reset, so I had to wait for the skip button to load (played 'hard' level'). Just silly. If this had been released around the time of the first Azada game, I would've been all over it.

linssue55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by linssue55 on Mar 31, 17 2:41 PM
I lasted 30 seconds and said Yuck...
Not for me!

gbanjs
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by gbanjs on Apr 1, 17 8:44 AM
This game was pretty good. I definitely got my money's worth with this one. Yeah, it was hard but it took me a long time to finish it. You actually have to think about things. It's 8 chapters long--you can go back and play the individual chapters . The beginning is stark and a little off-putting, but I'm glad I stuck with it. The hint button definitely got a workout --it doesn't tell you what to do, only where you need to be or if you need to put something together. I had a couple captain obvious moments where I was making things more difficult than needed. Your options are limited so it helps when trying to figure out your next step. The mini-games were good--once again I had to really think about how to complete some of them. I totally sucked at the boss mini-games, yeah for the skip button!

I suggest this game for people who like to be challenged and need a break from the usual: Look at my life-like graphics!, easy game (1-2 hrs max), walk-through mandatory games we get every week. And yes, I like those games too.

Edited on 04/01/2017 at 8:45:29 AM PST

eurotahny
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by eurotahny on Apr 1, 17 10:42 AM
I actually like this game. It is very challenging, which is a nice change from some of the ones I've played lately. But I am stuck at the castle (not sure which chapter) - the fountain with the animal heads. Only one doesn't turn and I can't figure out how to open the sliding door, but I'll eventually figure it out. I just refuse to give up.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Apr 1, 17 5:40 PM
Stusue, I play with touch and am finding it impossible to use the inventory. How were you able to use the items there? A popup says to click on an item and move it to the circle above. I tried that but the item won't place there and just goes back down below to the inventory window. How do I navigate around this? Please share your experience with those like me who don't have a mouse. I'm interested in the subject matter and would like to trial it but don't want to waste any more time than I already have trying to manipulate the inventory.

[Post New]by KatesMomWA on Apr 5, 17 10:55 PM
I have finished this game (finally) and want to say that I liked it. When I saw a review that said it was "old school," I hoped that meant it wouldn't hold my hand through the entire game and decided to try it. It did not disappoint in that regard. I really liked that this game didn't walk me through every step...I really had to think and figure things out (including getting good and stuck for quite some time here and there). So many of the newer hidden object games I find boring because they just walk me through without allowing me to struggle. I hardly ever play hidden object games now because I have become so bored without the struggle. I realize I'm swimming against many others here when I say I enjoyed this game, but I did.

eurotahny
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Kate's Mom

[Post New]by eurotahny on Apr 7, 17 4:31 PM
Would you mind sharing some info? I'm stuck at the sliding wall in the palace in Ch 7. How to get past it? I think I must've missed some tool or item along the way. Thanks and congrats on finishing the game!

Go to: