ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

Mini game with rotating mirrors

[Post New]by ChocCherry on Mar 28, 17 12:11 PM
Can someone please help me with the mini game where you rotate the mirrors to direct beams. I can't figure it out.

nmabbey
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Mini game with rotating mirrors

[Post New]by nmabbey on Mar 28, 17 9:36 PM
I couldn't figure it out either. I ended up just skipping it.

[Post New]by Galatrin on Mar 29, 17 6:27 PM
This information is what I needed to work this out - hope this helps.
red and green = yellow
red and blue = violet
blue and green = cyan

Highlight to view more details.

The blue beam is the simplest, angle 1 mirror to direct the blue beam down through the cyan, violet and blue circles.

The red and green beams need only 2 mirrors each.

The red beam is already through the violet circle, place a mirror past the violet circle and angle it to direct the red beam up through the yellow, then place 1 mirror to direct the beam to the red circle.

The green beam needs 1 mirror to direct the green beam up through the cyan and yellow circles, then place 1 mirror to direct the beam over to the green circle.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Apr 4, 17 3:34 PM
Galatrin wrote:This information is what I needed to work this out - hope this helps.
red and green = yellow
red and blue = violet
blue and green = cyan

Whoever came up with this game has never taken an art class. Green is not a primary, it should be yellow and blue makes green.No wonder I was having trouble! Thanks, Galatrin!

CelticCoco

JaceDelft
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by JaceDelft on Apr 13, 17 9:18 AM
CelticCoco wrote:
Whoever came up with this game has never taken an art class. Green is not a primary, it should be yellow and blue makes green.No wonder I was having trouble!

Yes that is true for PAINT. Paints can only absorb light.
This is called subtractive color mixing. (look it up!)

The rules for mixing light are different.
The game has it exactly right!
The primary colors for light are Red Green and Blue, check your monitor.
Red + Green DOES produce Yellow.
This is Additive Color mixing. (look it up!)

Apologies for the lecture,

jace.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 23, 17 12:59 PM
For those that still can't get this mini-game to work, even using Galatrin's correct solution - I found that there was a glitch that prevented me from lighting up the blue circle on the lower right.

I had the correct solution, but the blue circle would not light up. I could even put a mirror directly on that circle, but not on any of the others, so I know it was a glitch.

I hate skipping puzzles, so I went to the main menu and quit. Then I started the game again and set the blue ray first. That made the blue circle light up. After that I was able to set the red and green with no problem. I hope this will help anyone else that encounters this issue.

And JaceDelft is perfectly correct. The physics of light and the way the eye perceives those colors are very different from the way the eye perceives the reflective colors of physical objects. If you mix paint using the primaries red, yellow, and blue you get brown. But when you mix the three primaries of light - red, green, and blue - you get white.

subcaptain
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by subcaptain on May 3, 17 1:56 PM
Hiya burf! I too have the same problem. Could get all the other colors and could put a mirror on blue. Thx for hints. At this time I'm having trouble with just blue. Will try doing blue first.

subcaptain
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by subcaptain on May 3, 17 2:02 PM
Hey! It worked!! THX!!!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on May 25, 17 9:03 PM
Hi SubC! I'm a little late checking in here, but I'm glad that helped! Hopefully it will help others, too.

Go to: