LeBoof
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

What Happened To The Game???

[Post New]by LeBoof on Mar 28, 17 2:47 PM
I just recently discovered Ancient Quest of Saqqarah, and got all excited about it. It was kinda cool to see you could purchase upgrades to the game to keep the quest going.

Unfortunately, it appears that this game has had it's time and the developers are no longer actively promoting or supporting the game.

A Google search only brings up posts from years ago....nothing new, which tells me that it's a 'play at your own risk' sort of thing.

I'd love to get into this game, but not sure I want to invest so much time on a game that in all probability would be a waste of time. Yes, one may be able to buy the add-ons, but more than likely they were developed for older Windows systems, and my not install or operate correctly, and without any support, it'd be a waste of money on a long shot.

Can anybody tell me if there are plans to bring this game back to life, or is it destined to continue dying a slow death?

Thank you for any and all information you can provide.

Happy Swimming,
LeBoof

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:What Happened To The Game???

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 28, 17 6:05 PM
The game was originally released back in 2008, which is ancient history in the tech world, so as far as the developer is concerned, it *is* a dead game. You can always demo the base game for free for 1 hour which should tell you if there are any incompatibility issues with your current OS. However, that doesn't prevent any future OS problems because there's no telling what changes may occur with technology in the future, so there's always the risk that somewhere down the road your older games won't work anymore.

LeBoof
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:What Happened To The Game???

[Post New]by LeBoof on Mar 28, 17 8:32 PM
Thanks for the confirmation, SynthpopAddict. Just as I'd suspected. Guess I'll just delete the trial and find something else.

Go to: