Todays daily deal, So worth the 2.99...great game!!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Apr 12, 10 11:03 AM
I found another great game, when I tried todays DD, so if your up for a match 3 challenge, with a twist, this game is a MUST try.
Along with the match 3, you have to bring Cleopatra home, and kill some insects along the way, it is quite the challenge.
There are also mini games, one is scarab racing, which I don't usually care for, but the developers did a good job, at making it feel like a real race, and so far, I have always come in first place...lol.
Than you have a puzzle mini, as well, with a picture, so you know what the picture puzzle, should look like.
The mini's are timed, with no option to skip, so if you don't do it fast enough, than you have to replay the mini, but they give you enough time, I had to replay one, so far.
I've never ran out of time during the match 3, so I'm not sure, if that is timed or not.
You also get a map, and can right click, to get Cleopatra to go where ever you need her to, so the right and left clicking, come in handy for this game, in order to win the level.
This is not an easy game, but if your up for a challenge, than I sure would try it, for 2.99, it is a great game to add to your collection..IMHO.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Re:Todays daily deal, So worth the 2.99...great game!!

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 12, 10 12:12 PM
Thank you for your input concerning this game and so have decided to least trial- game it because to be quite honest with you, I don't understand what a Match3 game is -- for the price, though, I think that I can learn.

Will let you know what I think

MEnr56

Pinkbudgie
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkbudgie on Apr 12, 10 2:09 PM
A Match 3 game involves matching at least 3 colors or symbols by sliding them together. I just did the demo and was disappointed when it ended which is how I know if I like a game or not. So, I think it will be worth the $3 to give it a try.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 12, 10 2:27 PM
Hi there

Yeah, decided that it's something that I can learn to play and so have decided to purchase it.

I was rather confused at first on how to play but with some help from other forum members and me just calming down and not hyperventilating , I decided to put on a mindset and to learn.

Though, still confused about a couple of things, I realized that I was, in fact, LEARNING so off I go to my purchase screen

MEnr56

Edited on 04/12/2010 at 2:28:30 PM PST

[Post New]by lovelyheart615 on Nov 1, 11 1:02 AM
How to play match 3:

Move an item that matches 2 or more items that are next to each other. Just click the item and hold your mouse button to move the item where you want it to go and release. The style of making matches may vary depending on which game you play. For some, you click, hold and move your mouse to all items that match and are next to each other, while some involve moving the rows and columns of items to make matches.
Sometimes you have obstacles. Some obstacles disappear when you make 1 to 3 matches next to them, while some are permanent, so you have to work around them. Some may require power ups or tools to remove them.
Game may have goals such as releasing a coin at the bottom of your screen, to matching candies for Trick or Treaters amongst other goals in the Halloween game "Tricks and Treats" .
Some games are timed, so I'm not sure you would want that right now.
Easy games include Big Kahuna Reef, Maui Wowee, Vesuvia.
Vesuvia is very easy to play, but the screen moves as you make matches, so try it before you play it. Just make sure you can make matches out of any corner you find yourself in You get tools to help you too.
In Big Kahuna Reef, you match 3 to get fish for your reef.
In Maui Wowee, you match flowers to decorate your island. You can even make your own match 3 games with it, When you make your own boards, just remember that the more different things you add to the board, the harder it will be to play it. Also the bigger the board and the fewer obstacles it has, the easier it is to play it.
There are match 3 games online to try, they have some here on Big Fish
If you need any more help, feel free to send me a message here, I'll be more than happy to help you.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Nov 1, 11 1:24 AM
This is one of my favourite games, have replayed it many times.

Marg2
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Marg2 on Nov 1, 11 4:07 AM
This game is a steal at $2.99. It is more than the average Match 3 game. You have to clear a path for the archeologist and avoid the various enemies. By setting the destination point, you can control the path she chooses or you can let her choose her own path. Every location includes a picture puzzle, a scarab race (really cute), and a race against a bad guy for the prize. A really fun game!

Go to: