Look honey, I helped....

rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

Look honey, I helped....

[Post New]by rbsworld on Mar 29, 17 12:27 AM
My husband of 28 years is home nursing a shoulder surgery and is at the point in his post surgical boredom that he actually signed into my MC game. I'm fixing dinner and he proclaims, "look honey I helped your game!" "What?" "How exactly did you help?" "I just pushed the + button and you get credit for the item, right?" I did a couple of things this black ghost wanted, it was really easy, why do you keep saying your game is getting harder?"

Well.....Let me take a calming breath and explain...

You just spent 230 diamonds on the Messenger's level 58 quest! Please don't help me like that anymore...Ok?

My husband is way smarter than this sounds...He's a finance guru and to his mind a + sign means a bonus not an expenditure. Can you hear the diamonds flushing? I did really well with the puzzles and all my diamond collecting just went down a + sign loo!

Still love my guy...Changed the password on my tablet though...

I'm able to laugh at this now but I seriously lost it for awhile on Sunday.

Got to get back to doing my rounds of HOS ...
Have fun in your castle...Thanks for letting me tell my tale.

RBsMom

Edited on 03/29/2017 at 1:33:09 AM PST

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

Re:Look honey, I helped....

[Post New]by karatopa on Mar 29, 17 1:48 AM
ouch i feel your pain

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Mar 29, 17 2:19 AM

LJM5091
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Mar 29, 17 3:35 AM
oops!
My sweet, loving husband has 'helped' me with my plants over our 48 years of marriage.
You are a better person that I am, RBsMom. I have never laughed about those times.

norry6
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by norry6 on Mar 29, 17 3:54 AM
RBsmom

Firstly so sorry but I have to admit to a small chuckle but in my defence that was more at the statement "Changed my password"
Secondly I hope your husband's surgery is healing well - I'm surprised he doesn't need more after his shenanigans. Well done on keeping calm,

I hope he hasn't done too much harm to your game. I'd offer to help but I play on PC I assume you are either Android or IOS,

Norry

[Post New]by Quinielamass on Mar 29, 17 5:07 AM
First having had shoulder surgery, I know how your husband feels, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Second, I did have to laugh at your story, especially, changing your password. You need a medal for keeping your cool, and being able to laugh about it afterwards.

Thanks for sharing

Quiniela

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Mar 29, 17 5:43 AM

This may actually be grounds for a divorce.

As he does have a background in finance; I suggest you accept reimbursements in the form of back rubs, household duties and naughty favours.

Or you could just slap him.

Jenifer

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 29, 17 6:37 AM
Ah.....Jenifer_Rule.......slapping is not the solution to every problem.....nor is a few sticks of dynamite (for those who are confused....read the Ready for the Special Room thread)

rbsworld...hmmm....hubby had shoulder surgery.....I'm sure he was on meds.....so, yeah, it must have been the meds that caused the problem! --- perhaps Randy can help you find some little pink pills for him (refer to above mentioned thread if confused)....but, I wouldn't trust Jenifer_Wren to give him anything!

So glad you can laugh about the incident.....sorry you lost the hard earned diamonds....and I had a really good chuckle about your password change!

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Mar 29, 17 9:09 AM
Great time to have him start his own MC game!

Eta: what's up with MC hubbies and shoulders?!
(Sayadina's just had shoulder surgery, too.)

Edited on 03/29/2017 at 9:17:00 AM PST

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Mar 29, 17 9:09 AM
LOL........this just happened to me yesterday!

Needed ONE stinking puzzle piece for last 3 weeks.........hubby says I will get it for you.........he got about 4 pieces and went to look if he got the "one"........he is clicking around on the puzzle and started to click "disenchant all"........I screamed "NO"......he says, geez, you don't have to yell!

ARGH!!!

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 29, 17 9:31 AM
Hi rbsworld,

I'm sorry to hear those Diamonds got inadvertently used in your game! I've accidentally used some in my own profile, and I definitely understand the frustration this can cause.

If anyone is ever in a situation like this where their Diamonds disappear or are accidentally spent on something, please feel free to reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with your player ID. Our Reps are always willing to help as much as they can. Some info for locating the player ID can be found on that Support Team page that I included above.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this was able to help. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators. We're happy to assist.

bfgPanthalassa

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Mar 29, 17 9:43 AM
Great story...good laugh. Maybe he could buy you 250 diamonds. My husband's suggestion. He plays his own game.

rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

[Post New]by rbsworld on Mar 29, 17 10:29 AM
Thank you guys for the laughs in return.

I am an outspoken person married to a hot head Italian. (I make a rockin' sauce now...Earlier in my marriage ...Eh, not so much..So I've lived to learn..So to speak)

I suggested to hubby that he start his own game, using his own tablet etc, explained we could 'friend' each other etc...His reply was that he enjoyed the graphics but felt there wasn't enough challenge in it...
OY OY double OY....A rehash of my Sunday rant was bubbling too close to the surface. So in fear of starting another 'loud conversation', I did the next best thing: went shopping!

I am now sporting the handbag I've had my eye on for awhile.

Moral of story....Don't mess with my MC...

Happy hunting in your castle,

RBsMom

BTW...My personal MC challenge is to play without spending money for coins and diamonds. I've kept my part so far but my hubby did pay for my new purse...So we're all even..Well sorta...He he he (if the price comes up next month after the bill comes in, I'll just remind him to find the + button.....)

Edited on 03/29/2017 at 10:54:20 AM PST

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Mar 29, 17 10:50 AM
ROFLMAO. They just don't get it!

mhoram
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by mhoram on Mar 29, 17 1:49 PM
I know your pain! When I was level 47, I showed my game to some friends at a retreat and let them do HOS rounds. I figured it was a win/win as they gathered the $$ and items I needed and I didn't have to do tedious rounds ... I was at the point where I had limited areas opened and had a lot of areas locked due to lack of funds. I don't use the HOS helper items (the globe, wand, and other dohicky) so told them use all they want.

I had to leave the retreat for an emergency, but left my computer for the gals to play. When I got back, one friend told me "I helped you out, but you're running low on jewels"

When I logged in to MC, my stash of diamonds (painstakingly grown from 75 to nearly 500 during the Christmas event) was sitting at 47. I have no idea what she spent them on as my $$$ had only gone from around 2k to 5k

Mhoram

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 29, 17 2:12 PM
Yeah, I sometimes let my grandchildren play an HOS round....the 9-year old always wants to go into the ZZ to see what they do....there are some that I have plenty of items to open so she can see....but others, not so much.....she doesn't understand why I don't want to go into them since I have sufficient items to open it......neither child would be trusted to play by herself!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 29, 17 2:20 PM
Ah......a man's viewpoint.....sigh.....

Just related the story to my hubby.....he said "well, that was her fault for not telling him how to play the game." ...... sigh, sigh, megasigh...... (one can't remember EVERYTHING when explaining the game!)

Enjoy your purse!

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Mar 29, 17 4:40 PM
mhoram wrote:I know your pain! When I was level 47, I showed my game to some friends at a retreat and let them do HOS rounds. I figured it was a win/win as they gathered the $$ and items I needed and I didn't have to do tedious rounds ... I was at the point where I had limited areas opened and had a lot of areas locked due to lack of funds. I don't use the HOS helper items (the globe, wand, and other dohicky) so told them use all they want.

I had to leave the retreat for an emergency, but left my computer for the gals to play. When I got back, one friend told me "I helped you out, but you're running low on jewels"

When I logged in to MC, my stash of diamonds (painstakingly grown from 75 to nearly 500 during the Christmas event) was sitting at 47. I have no idea what she spent them on as my $$$ had only gone from around 2k to 5k

Mhoram

Had they at least increased your level???

playerpop
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by playerpop on Mar 29, 17 4:56 PM
My man thinks he is a computer geek and has caused me to lose the net so many times. He means well and I try not to kill him.
magrat

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Mar 29, 17 5:24 PM
My partner wanted to use the internet during a holiday event which, if you didn't finish the quests for the day, you would be in danger of losing progress and the next quest. Of course I let him, minimized my game and cautioned him not to click on the icon. He complied, surfed the net, then very "nicely" closed the laptop so no one else would "click on the icon" accidentally . Had to wait another year to complete those quests

Go to: