Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Tales of Terror: Art of Horror Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 30, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/30/2017 at 6:26:58 AM PST

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Tales of Terror: Art of Horror Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by RasmusB on Mar 30, 17 12:47 AM
Not very good. Firstly the graphcis is VERY grainny, and NOT in the cool way. But in the appaling Eipix way, secondly the 1st minigame (with the stones and the 5 turn limitation) is the worst I have ever seen. Thirdly, the cutscenes, especially when there's a dialog between 2 people is annoying too. Fourthly, there seem to be nothing new, gameplay wise, so after 15 minuttes of the demo, I couldn't be bothered. All-in-all 1/5

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Tales of Terror: Art of Horror Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by belamba on Mar 30, 17 2:39 AM
I agree with all Rasmus B has to say about this game. Has to be one of the worst CEs of all time :-(

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Mar 30, 17 2:59 AM
I didn't have any technical issues with the demo. But can somebody please explain how you are supposed to move 12 tokens with a 7 move limitation? Maybe I just didn't see it. Could not figure it out. I don't think the game was that bad, but it wasn't great either. The game didn't flow well, there were all these cut scenes. Graphics weren't that great. Did the devs rush to get this out or something? I think more time could have been spent in the design dept. I'll see what kind of CE deal we get on Saturday. If I can get it for free, I'll take it. Otherwise I wouldn't buy it.

[Post New]by will804 on Mar 30, 17 3:08 AM
Have to agree about the puzzle with the 12 tokens. Doesn't seem to work properly.
In desperation looked at solution on strategy guide and that doesn't make sense at all.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Mar 30, 17 5:41 AM
will804 wrote:Have to agree about the puzzle with the 12 tokens. Doesn't seem to work properly.
In desperation looked at solution on strategy guide and that doesn't make sense at all.

Clicking on a Token lights it up letting you know it will move when you Drag it to the Holes.

You have to light up several Tokens. All of the Lit Tokens can be Dragged to the Holes in 1 Turn.

Note: The Lit Tokens keep their position with respect to each other.

HTH

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 30, 17 6:27 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Tales of Terror: Art of Horror Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Tales of Terror: Art of Horror Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Akaabbey
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Akaabbey on Mar 30, 17 6:41 AM
Thank you ganonsbane! That makes sense now.

Abbey

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Mar 30, 17 7:14 AM
I really like this game. I like the puzzles too. Challenging but with some persistence can be done. I do not find it grainy. Very clear and fun. I will wait for a sale and definitely buy this one. I agree that I was a little confused with the first puzzle as others were though. The instructions could have been clearer. Will start over when I purchase and try again.

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Mar 30, 17 8:15 AM
I dont know about grainy - i would have said it appeared drawn by crayon instead of pencil (if that makes sense LOL), and had no trouble with the puzzles - thought they were quite basic. HOG were some what interactive and again very easy.
But I'm not feeling the game.
Just all seemed very basic to me - go into a room/scene, do two or three things then onto the next one. Seemed designed for a younger player, but then had some rather adult concepts. And too much hand holding as well.
Think I'll wait til the SE comes out (which is something i rarely do).
Oh, and if there is one thing that bugs me in some games - like this one, it is the absurdity of some of the tasks ie unscrewing something with lipstick when you have a perfectly good set of pliers on you. Just silly.
And double oh, i got sparkles even though i selected the hard level. Not much can turn me off a game quicker.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Mar 30, 17 11:05 AM
I too really like this game, and I don't say that about too many games lately. The puzzles are good and the HOS are fun to do. The graphics are very clear on my computer. I will wait for a sale also to purchase.

I had to laugh with crypsynight's comment about unscrewing something with lipstick when you have pliers. I thought the same thing.

nypitterpat
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by nypitterpat on Mar 30, 17 12:08 PM
I just want to tell RasmusB that this game is done by Deep Shadows and not Epix as he stated. Also, the graphics are not grainy in the least, maybe it's your operating system. I like the game.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Mar 30, 17 2:02 PM
This game is NOT by Eipix but Deep Shadows. The puzzle mentioned can be done. A bit of thinking does it.

Graphics are clear, not a masterpiece but suiting and well done. It is more on the easier side, not too complicated and indeed a game to have fun with. And: I want to know, how this goes on....

Babefish
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Babefish on Mar 31, 17 2:50 AM
Game is to simple. Game is boring. Worst CE ever. Graphics ar not a masterpiece.
After ending the Game and Bonus Content, you can't collect missing Collectables and morphing objects. Bonus Cantent was bad, short, more simple as the game and the end.... Don't ask me: ridicoulus :-(

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 31, 17 4:00 AM
I'm on the side of those that liked this game. Certainly not the worst CE ever but then it depends on your definition of what is bad and what is good. I didn't find the graphics 'grainy' either. This game is fairly straightforward but very enjoyable.

It's not by Eipix (thank goodness, I couldn't have played another one of their games so soon after MCF!) but by a developer that's not familiar to me. I get the impression there's another 'Tales of Terror' but I don't recall it.

I found the puzzles surprisingly puzzling; couldn't work out how to move the 12 tokens, even though I followed the SG step by step I liked the triangles puzzle; one of my favourites is working out which shapes make up a picture and this gave it a new twist. The HOS were alright but there were perhaps more than I would have liked; I prefer a game with a bigger puzzle to HOS ratio. Not a deal breaker though.

The collectibles were hard to see, even when the SG pointed to them; they're transparent, so disappear into the background! There are morphs in the HOS; a doll sits at the top of the screen until you find it. It seems you can't go back and find them once the game is completed, however this option is only offered by certain devs (e.g. Eipix) and isn't a standard extra. If you want these achievements, you have to earn them in this game.

Overall I really enjoyed this demo and was drawn in by the story. It may be a little old-fashioned but sometimes we need a little old fashioned (quote courtesy of Agent Coulson in Avengers Assemble!). This will be a buy in the weekend sale

I had no technical issues with the demo, which lasted the full 90 minutes. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

Edited on 04/01/2017 at 1:49:29 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 31, 17 6:32 AM
I have only now found the time to play the demo, and liked it a lot. The graphics and colours were nicely done, as were the characters.

I did like the way some of the HOS were done, were you turn it around to different places. Also liked the fact that I could set the Hint and Skip to fill in 0 seconds.

I didn't find the graphics grainy nor did I have any problems while playing the demo, using a Win10, 64-bit laptop.

deepmot
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by deepmot on Apr 1, 17 7:27 AM
Thanks to ganonsbane . Neither the puzzle info or the SG is very clear on what is supposed to be done. Makes sense now.....Duh?!

Monkeygus
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Monkeygus on Apr 2, 17 4:30 PM
I'm on the fence with this game. I LIKED that it was on the dark side... but I wasn't thrilled with the endings (full game and extra game). I would consider myself an intermediate player, but most of the puzzles were skippers for me. That is really rare! Even the guide offered little help as when I tried to use the instructions, I couldn't figure out what the puzzle was asking me to do. I liked the graphics though and didn't have any problems with the morphs or HOPs. I REALLY liked the little doll character that kept track of the morphs!

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Apr 5, 17 9:39 PM
I did Not like Anything about this Game.
Only purchased it because it was a Good Sale,
and only completed it because I was Bored
and had finished everything else.
There was too much repetition, &
Endings of Both Episodes left much to be desired.
Not at all 1st rate, C/E material.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Apr 8, 17 11:04 PM
I have to say that I really enjoyed about the first half of this one and then gameplay just went downhill. It was like all of a sudden there was way too much "turn that and that also turns this" and too many HOS which also repeat. I didn't mind that in the slightest in the beginning as the HOs were varied enough and seemed fairly spaced to the speed of the game. But it seemed like the wheels fell off a little more than half-way through this game. I can't really put my finger on it, but when I start shouting "oh, come on!" and walking away to joyously clean the bathtub instead, then something is amiss.

Hard to say I would recommend just trying this one as the demo time was very entertaining for me. I suppose I am ultimately a thumbs down for the CE.

Go to: