ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

Shutter Island - The generator room

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 12, 10 5:57 PM
When all items have been collected from Second Floor, Staff Area, First Floor, and Basement - head into the Generator Room.

TOOLBOX - to left of switch panel
PURSE - on top of generator body, by red valve
WRISTWATCH - on top of junction box, right
CABLE CUTTER - on floor to left of fire extinguisher
WOOD PLANER - far right, under junction box
SPADE - 'trowel' - to right of fire extinguisher
*PLIERS* - to right of fire extinguisher

After all hidden object scenes have been completed, the following items should be in inventory: screwdriver, gloves, wrench, wire spool and pliers. The generator will glow 'blue' and then the items can be used on it. Simply click to open the five circles and place items in them to 'fix' the generator.

Once fixed, the generator will continue to glow 'blue.' Clicking on it again will open a puzzle. To complete it, follow the wires from the colors on the right through the tangle and then connect the screw where it ends to the color on the left. [If your eyes get as tangled up as mine, it's much easier to 'know' which wire goes where.]

The solution:
SCREW 1 - YELLOW
SCREW 2 - GREEN
SCREW 3 - RED
SCREW 4 - WHITE
SCREW 5 - BLUE

When the generator is up and running again, Dr. Cawley commends the marshals' work and tells them that, unfortunately, three prisoners managed to escape their rooms - including resident pyromaniac, Beatrice Knowles.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

Re:Shutter Island - The generator room

[Post New]by GrammaKj on May 7, 10 11:15 PM
ember I tried to reply to your post but the length prohibited it. I have a very important question. During this entire sequence, did your screen flash on and off and the lights continually go off and on? The basement areas are all flashing and it triggers migraines for me.

Regarding the 5 items needed in the generator room, I only had 4 items that were listed/shown at the bottom to put in my tools. When I asked for help it said I could use some of the tools now. What's up with that? Once I put the 4 tools in the circles I can't remove them and can't find a 5th tool. I am getting frustrated. Is the fifth tool at another location?

Go to: