bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Love & Death ™: Bitten ™

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 13, 10 1:05 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Love & Death ™: Bitten ™? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

cche
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
401 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Love & Death ™: Bitten ™

[Post New]by cche on Apr 13, 10 1:32 AM
Played the full evaluation hour, completing one night and most of a day. Can't say how long it is, but based on story progress, this will easily exceed 3 hours for me.

It is an iHOG adventure with amusing if cardboard characters. Puzzles are well integrated into the story line, and fairly easy. Searches so far, entirely reasonable.

Graphics are bright and clear, well drawn cartoon style.

Music is nothing special, but at least on my system, it does not intrude. (I have noticed that many games default to the settings I used to have to set by hand. Not sure if this is a feature of later Windows design or just game makers doing what I prefer...)

Needed only one hint so far, and haven't used one of the game features, collect enough "golden leaves" to make a potion that hints at the future... There seems to be plenty to keep one busy.

Over all, a nice iHOG with unassuming but original design.
5.5 on my personal scale of 10. May adjust this upward after further play. Will likely buy it.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 13, 10 1:41 AM
Loving this so far - 40 minutes into the demo. Good art; nice, unobtrusive music; nicely challenging puzzles with or without instructions; objects not tooo easy to find; great interactivity even within HOG scenes; lots to do.

It *is* a very dark, and adult, story and no doubt some players will have issues with that, but not meeee! Love me some vampire hotness.

Only complaints are slowish load times (I am on a rapidly becoming geriatric computer tho) and a picky cursor.

Buying! Gently Poodlebear Approved given I've only played 40 minutes...

[Post New]by star_dust90 on Apr 13, 10 2:01 AM
this game is beautiful and well executed. i love the graphics and the details in it, the music is nice enough, the challenges of having to find the hidden objects quite a bit challenging. overall, i enjoyed the demo and for sure will be purchasing it.

[Post New]by MissHappiness19 on Apr 13, 10 2:07 AM
What an excellent game!

I love the graphics, the music, the story, the interactive things to do, the puzzles, the voiceovers... everything! This is a very high quality game and I'm really enjoying it!

When the demo ended, I was still in the middle of Chapter 2, so for those who love length, this one appears to be a long one. But even if it were short, I'd still buy it, because I enjoyed it that much!

For fellow Mac users, I've had no technical issues on my Macbook running Snow Leopard, and everything has been smooth and loading times instant.

I'm very glad I actually get to post a review since this game came out for Mac at the same time it did for PC. Thanks , it's greatly appreciated!

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Apr 13, 10 2:58 AM
I'm loving this too! Great interaction, having to think and look around for what to do, well placed hidden objects - and not too easy.
I've been waiting for a game like this for a while so hooray!!

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Apr 13, 10 3:14 AM
Yep love it! Will be buying - just got to make it last, as it seems like this quality of game is scarce for BF at the moment. Enjoy IHOG fans.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 13, 10 3:52 AM
Taking a break now after playing a couple more hours worth. I know I am almost halfway thru judging from the progress map and if it keeps at the same level of complexity this will be like a 5 hour game for me. Granted I have found all the golden leaves now and so that will speed me up some. BUT good duration is what I'm trying to say. Just to gauge RTR and Dire Grove were about the 5 hour mark as well.

A couple little issues - my system is having a bit of an issue loading all the dialog (the fairies in particular) and the dialog there is is kinda not acted so terribly well. BUT the game otherwise is such quality I have no real problem with that.

Unless something really wacky occurs I can now fully Poodlebear Approve!

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Apr 13, 10 4:12 AM
Just finished the game, it took me 3.5 hours, although I admit to using hints (which recharge fairly quickly), clicking through the dialog, and guilty of fast random clicking in the hidden objects scenes (I got a bit too impatient because of the numerous H.O. scenes). However I didn't skip any puzzles or use the walkthrough. Your estimate is just about right, Poodlebear -- for those who like to go at a normal leisurely pace, it would probably take between 4 to 5 hours. I loved the game, but found the ending too abrupt and unsatisfying, and wondered if I had mistakenly clicked on the wrong button, thereby skipping the last cut scene. But checking the walkthrough, it seems it really did end a bit too quickly.

Edited on 04/13/2010 at 5:39:09 AM PST

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Apr 13, 10 4:14 AM
This is the type of game I love to play. It's a winner!

sassybee
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by sassybee on Apr 13, 10 4:18 AM
Started playing only an hour ago but this is a very nice game so far. Think this is going to be a winner. The graphics are outstanding, so precise and detailed and the music does not intrude on gameplay (mine is turned low but adequate). The storyline is quite intriguing without going overboard on blood (no gore at all yet) so don't worry about that. Puzzles are nicely meduim (that might change).

Enjoying this game, worth the price.

Edit: Quickly getting aggravated by the tiny and invisible objects to find. Bored by having to depend on the hint button too much. It does load faster than most games but seems like forever when you just want to get out of the hidden object scenes. The logical interactive parts are well thought out and interesting but way too many of the asinine hidden objects. Grrr...

Finished but since I'm not a great H. O. fan and this had so very many of them, all poorly designed, it ruined the playing for me. I was disappointed. Don't have any real negatives other than that so I will abstain from rating this game. I think those of you who love hidden objects will probably love it. Worth the $6.99.

Edited on 04/14/2010 at 11:14:13 PM PST

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Apr 13, 10 4:22 AM
I'm trying to figure out what era the game is portraying, what w/ Tudor houses (1500s), tricorne hats (1700s), & Victorian sofas (late 1800s). It just seems to be saying "a long time ago" & won't settle. Graphix are pretty good & so is the haunting music, voice acting OK.

I have 24 min left & 4 things irk me so far. One is this thing where the crow flies in w/ a parchment in its beak w/ "12 of 12" written on it, then it explodes into feathers, the parchment flies into inventory & disappears, & an HOs scene opens up. What's that all about? Annoying transition, much rather deal w/ a sparkle indicator that takes far less time to get to the scene. Only 3 HOs scenes in 36 min is a meh, I'm the type who wants more, not less. Repeating the "game" (if you can even call it that) of crawling over the rooftop was time-consuming & unnecessary, & the Skip button was rather slow. I just kept thinking of the light-up sidewalk squares in MJs video LOL WHAT was the reason for that intrusive, view-blocking thermometer-like thing that zoomed in when you "threw" the rocks to fix the bridge? You couldn't see what you were "aiming" at! And it was a very tight "hit" zone, took 4ever to bust apart the boat & get the wood to fix the bridge. I don't want to waste my time on utter nonsense like that. The last thing is what made me close out, entering the "forest" & instead coming up against a stone wall of a puzzle that has NO decent hints & NO skip available. The hints are NOT useful on puzzles at all, just make a piece sparkle. That's not helpful, really.

There's almost no direction in the game, which some will enjoy, & until I hit the wall it wasn't that hard to figure out what to do next. But if I can't skip a puzzle I've fruitlessly been trying to solve for 10 min & wasting demo time on silly things, um NO. No sale. The storyline is interesting, but if I can't get anywhere to see how it turns out, forget it. Devs need to remember games are supposed to be fun & not work & I don't want to keep consulting a walkthru (when one appears) to play! I'm disappointed b/c it started out OK & then it got stupid real fast. Scarlet is a minority of one again so far LOL It's supposed to be a HOG, not a puzzle game, & I want to skip silly puzzles & do the HOG bits & immerse in the story. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

Bboo2
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Bboo2 on Apr 13, 10 4:30 AM
Talk about a different kind of HOG this is it. I am enjoying the game and I believe others will to. Try it you may like it.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 13, 10 4:38 AM
Scarlett, I think there's far too much detailed spoiler info in your review. Could you hide / highlight / remove it?

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Apr 13, 10 4:42 AM
Just finished the demo and came over to buy. I love it! Although I've bought several games since Dire Grove, this is the first one that has really kept my attention. I like to play at an easy pace and figure this game will give me about 5 hours of total enjoyment .

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Apr 13, 10 4:45 AM
I Love this game. Bought it before demo time was up . I like a challenge in my hidden object games! What's the point of just looking for stuff , BORING.
These games give you a challenge. Keeps your mind going. And you know, if you really get stuck, you can use the walk through. The forums help a lot, as well.

You just can not please everyone all the time!I also think some people give up to soon and are missing out on some VERY GOOD games.

As far as tiny items. Yes, some are a little (2) small but that adds to a challenge and again you can use the walk through, forums or hint button. I use reading glasses when I play some of the hidden object games. It helps A LOT. I don't care what I look like cause I'm having a blast playing games and keeping my brain young and active!
Enjoy everyone

It's a dark and rainy day here so after a little housework, I will be playing this the rest of the day.

SeaMoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by SeaMoon on Apr 13, 10 5:11 AM
Thank you for all the reviews and comments. I was afraid this was going to be a bad month for BF, the past couple of weeks game offerings have been weak. I am off to buy. Thanks again.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Apr 13, 10 5:22 AM
Just finished the game. It took me 5 hours but I didn't use the walkthrough and only had to skip 2 puzzles. I loved this game. I mean really loved this game. It is one I will be able to play several times without getting bored. Thanks BF. Keep these type coming although I can't really afford more than one game a month. I've already bought 2 so far this month.

Edited on 04/13/2010 at 5:26:01 AM PST

[Post New]by birdlady101 on Apr 13, 10 5:39 AM
This is a nice change.... I agree, lately some of the games haven't been the greatest but this one is the exception. I will be buying this one...thanks BFG

Lou

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Apr 13, 10 5:54 AM
I know everyone likes different stuff in a game, be it more hidden objects or less, more interactive, more adventure style or with different themes. But I'm posting for the second time because this game is the first one that's got me in a while. It stumped me a couple of times and I like that in a game. I like it a lot!!!!

Go to: