TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

Eerie....

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 13, 10 1:30 AM
Okay, I get it now, this one would be considered a iHOG (just learning the difference between ( HOG's and iHOG's). Someone was trying to explain it to me and I got it. I know there were MANY of you that were waiting for this Spooky one and here you all go. I went ahead and tried it and though I don't like these games too much, I have to be objective and honest so- here I go, I did like it!!! I thought the blood in the Butcher Shop was a little eerie and I can't believe I'm actually saying that, since I am a big fan of Horror Movies. The story in the beginning got my attention, which I normally skip but not this time. In this game you have many objectives to complete (I love that hint button). I started in the Butcher Shop, went into a storage room and then I was on a roof top (with a puzzle to do) pretty easy. The graphics are great and so was Damon and Victoria. The only problem I saw myself having with this game is the back and forth, I like to retreive everything at once- and I also found myself clicking on everything to find those gold leaves. I have to admit I did like the puzzles, for all of you that enjoy these games ...I know you would definately like this one, (I hope). I only had a few minutes left before my time was up, just enough time to have me wonder what else was lurking around in that village..... I have not yet decided if I'm getting this one, but I'm considering it. TMann

Cordia
Flounder
Flounder
2,009 Posts

Re:Eerie....

[Post New]by Cordia on Apr 13, 10 2:33 AM
Thanks for this review! I played my demo for about 35 minutes just now and liked it. I am also unsure if it will be on my wishlist, but I think it is done very well. I'm not fond of the voice acting on Damon (it's a little too exaggerated, over-the-top and/or cartoon-y for me), but I've certainly heard worse. The writing is good, the graphics are nice to look at and all the other voice acting I've heard is excellent. I'll save the rest of my demo for another time when I need a refresher, I think!

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 13, 10 3:28 AM
Cordia, I know what you mean, I finished the last 9 min, and noticed something else, I didn't mention before- some of the objects were too small. For example- the key and the pipe, I don't know how many times I had to click on them. I did click on the hint button, for I thought maybe it wasn't the right key- I am thinking to myself, I knew it!! I also didn't like going from Butcher Shop to storage room and again back to the Butcher Shop. Most of the objects were fairly easy to find, and the puzzles were fun though. I still have not yet decided, but thanks for your reply.

GoveGirl
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by GoveGirl on Apr 13, 10 6:49 AM
Well I definitley used a free punchcard coupon on this game.

I think they have tried to have a good mix of Adventure and HOG- maybe for my taste a bit heavy on the HOG - the puzzles are easy to medium difficulty and the storyline intriguing. Graphics great.
I like voice acting in a game, adds to the atmosphere.

The game is easy to play and you cannot get stuck wandering around aimlessly- there is always a goal and what you are looking for is quite clear.

All good here

jneedhamwf
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by jneedhamwf on Apr 15, 10 4:25 PM
i hope you do get this one it was one of the best in a long time wish i could find more like this one

Go to: