Daxadillion
Flounder
Flounder
2,376 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Set Sail - Caribbean here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 5, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/05/2017 at 6:35:09 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
8,009 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Set Sail - Caribbean here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 5, 17 6:35 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,863 Posts

Re: Please post any TECH ISSUES for Set Sail - Caribbean here.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 6, 17 11:56 AM
I open the options to turn down the music and it won't let me back to the game! Clicking the X does nothing, and there's no "Close" button. Have to hit <Alt+F4>.

debbie6754
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by debbie6754 on Apr 6, 17 12:23 PM
I am having the same problem.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 6, 17 1:45 PM
Hi GeorgeTSLC and debbie6754,

I'm sorry to hear that there's been some trouble accessing the game after opening the Options menu! You should be able to go back to the game from that pop-up by clicking the red X button or pressing the Esc key.

If that isn't happening, I encourage checking out our help articles to troubleshoot the issue. I went ahead and included a couple below that can be helpful in ensuring the game has all of the resources it needs to run properly, and I suggest giving the steps they include a try:

Run Game as Administrator

If this issue continues I then recommend contacting our Technical Support Team for additional assistance. Our Reps are always willing to help as best they can.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by Maps4Pets on Apr 8, 17 4:19 PM
After clicking on the "full screen" option in the options menu, I am unable to go back to full screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times but still have the same issue.

FishinFem
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by FishinFem on Apr 8, 17 4:58 PM
Home port Endless level ...
once you put ships into the shipyard or sail shops you can't move them they are stuck .... i've restarted the game and it still doesn't work .... am guessing the endless level is useless unless that bug gets fixed

EDIT.... I have tried 3 other Endless levels and same problem so from what i can see none of the Endless levels work

Edited on 04/08/2017 at 7:27:01 PM PST

Genaeve
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Genaeve on Apr 10, 17 7:55 AM
Hi
I'm having a technical issue that occurs quite frequently. Occasionally, At the beginning of a level, after a few mouse clicks, objects in game no longer respond to the mouse. Such as clicking on a ship that wants to be sold or purchased does nothing when clicked.
Not even restarting the level helps, I actually have to quit the game entirely.

Please note, this is ONLY for this particular BigFish game. I do not have this issue for any other of my BigFish games. Just this one.

bfgIlinalta
2,006 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 11, 17 10:46 AM
Hello Maps4Pets, FishinFem, and Genaeve,

Thank you for taking the time to report your experiences with Set Sail - Caribbean and for your patience while waiting on a response. I can see there are a few different issues here that I can provide some preliminary troubleshooting for as well as provide the steps for getting in touch with our Technical Support Team should more help be necessary.

Maps4Pets, thank you for letting us know that uninstalling and reinstalling the game seems to not have helped and that re-selecting Full Screen doesn't seem to be working as expected. For this case, what I recommend is seeing if the steps besides uninstalling and reinstalling in the following article are able to help as the changes these steps provide may be able to address this issue:

FishinFem and Genaeve, it sounds like the game is not registering specific inputs either after a certain time or during specific stages. I apologize this is happening and want to recommend seeing if running this game with more permissions is able to help resolve that. Sometimes, running a game as an Administrator can help a game when inputs don't seem to be registering as expected, and just in case it is helpful, the following article provides the steps on running a game with those permissions:

Run Game as Administrator

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Apr 12, 17 5:25 PM
I'm having the same problem with the Endless levels. Once you put a ship in for repair, you can't drag it back out when it's finished. I've also tried every level

I tried Run as Administrator, and the game wouldn't open at all, so this wasn't any help.

Edited on 04/12/2017 at 5:55:04 PM PST

[Post New]by ktobias on Apr 16, 17 12:28 PM
I have the same issue. I have tried all Endless levels and I cannot move a ship out of the repair station I have put it in.

tuakka
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by tuakka on Apr 17, 17 9:06 AM
Maps4Pets wrote:After clicking on the "full screen" option in the options menu, I am unable to go back to full screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times but still have the same issue.

Same issue here.....full screen does not remain full.

[Post New]by beersfmly on Apr 19, 17 8:46 PM
Same issues for me (can't get to full screen, and clicking on actions (ie. buy ships does not respond), and Tech Forum is not working. Please help, this is a fun game. Please post a "bug fix" or game update.

[Post New]by Karene7782 on Apr 20, 17 8:00 PM
I also don't get total full screen. The play button and things like that can't be pressed directly, I have to go below them to click on them...really weird glitches in this game

Edited to add that I also can't play the endless game because the boat can't be removed in the repair section.

Edited on 04/25/2017 at 1:45:23 PM PST

Linca1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Linca1 on Apr 23, 17 2:40 PM
I see others have same problem on the endless levels as I do. Once the boat is fixed at the yard, it is completly stuck.

mapste
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mapste on Apr 26, 17 3:57 PM
Same problem as others have posted re. getting stuck in Options screen, and the endless levels don't work.

Also, seem to have an Anchor icon left at Home Port as if I didn't play a level. Have been playing straight through, not picking levels. It won't let me click on it to play whatever is there.

mapste
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mapste on Apr 26, 17 4:14 PM
At first I didn't think the game worked at all. Finally figured out I had to click UNDER the buttons instead of ON them. Is this just me? Running Windows 8.1.

Amari
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Amari on Apr 28, 17 8:24 AM
darkhalf01 wrote:I'm having the same problem with the Endless levels. Once you put a ship in for repair, you can't drag it back out when it's finished. I've also tried every level

I tried Run as Administrator, and the game wouldn't open at all, so this wasn't any help.

Same problem, once they are in the yard they are stuck there

Map page icons non-responsive.

[Post New]by aAutumn on Apr 28, 17 7:48 PM
Ive been playing this game until level 5 Treasure Island - Stage 5 and Im on the map page but the 'play' icon is not clickable. Either are some of the other completed levels icons.

I cant even go back to the Main Menu as that icon is also unresponsive but have closed the game and restarted it but the same problem occurs. I cannot continue.

Suggestions?

[Post New]by anaidavid on May 4, 17 10:05 PM
I have the same problem ...please HELP

darkhalf01 wrote:I'm having the same problem with the Endless levels. Once you put a ship in for repair, you can't drag it back out when it's finished. I've also tried every level

Go to: