Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Set Sail - Caribbean here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 5, 17 12:38 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/05/2017 at 6:33:54 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Set Sail - Caribbean here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 5, 17 6:35 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Set Sail - Caribbean here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Set Sail - Caribbean.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Apr 5, 17 8:23 AM
No buy. Very difficult to navigate. Has a timer with no relaxed mode option. Had to use task manager to get out of the "options" setting since the exit button wouldn't work. I'll pass on this one.

smjjames
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by smjjames on Apr 5, 17 7:30 PM
No relax mode? Dang, that'd be a no buy for me as well.

HeatherDay
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by HeatherDay on Apr 5, 17 7:31 PM
Penny, I'm also passing.
Game was too... how do I say it?....discombobulated from the beginning.
But maybe that is how the devs meant it?
By level 5 in demo I decided no buy for me.
Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of ships being built (by pirates). As a seadog, I appreciate all water games.
But Set Sail was too fast for me.

Win 7 laptop and no tech issues (again, I only played until level 5 dem0)

shadowind
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by shadowind on Apr 6, 17 12:25 AM
It is a good and challenging game not for the faint hearted quite complex with good graphics

HatesTimers
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by HatesTimers on Apr 6, 17 10:32 AM
smjjames wrote:No relax mode? Dang, that'd be a no buy for me as well.

I let a level time out and it let me keep playing, and when I finished that level it let me go on to the next one.

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Apr 6, 17 11:40 PM
I enjoyed this game! It was pretty hectic, and I timed out on most levels towards the end, but you still keep playing. For those who were confused at the beginning, the tutorial explains what to do for the first few levels but it takes a while to get the hang of it.

[Post New]by jjtupper on Apr 7, 17 7:26 PM
just tried it too and had to also use task manager to get out of options 2x = so its at a no try not even no buy for me

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Set Sail - Caribbean here.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 9, 17 3:40 PM
I finally figured out how to get in and out of the options screen--get into a Stage, then choose Menu, Options, and it works. But I decided I wasn't interested.

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Apr 15, 17 8:48 AM
I decided not to use a credit for this game. I found it enjoyable but it seemed a bit too challenging for me, even at the relaxed mode. I consider myself as an intermediate or maybe even advanced TM player, having played many, many TM games here on BFG and elsewhere. But I also don't like being frustrated. This game did not really seem clearcut on how to pass some levels and I spent a lot of time trying to complete some levels.

With so many TM games being released in the past couple of weeks, I am enjoying those much more than Set Sail Caribbean. Once we get another TM game drought on BFG, I may come back and use a credit.

julesy

mapste
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mapste on Apr 26, 17 4:10 PM
This is a tough one! Didn't think I'd like it because it's just doing the same thing on every level -- building ships -- but I'm kind of into it after a couple days.

Do wish I could click or mouse over the chests on the treasure map to see what level they are. Need to go back and replay for trophies that state they come from a specific level.

Amari
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Amari on May 3, 17 3:24 PM
Love this game. Finally a really challenging Time Management game

Most time management games arent a challenge to get gold but this one was, I really enjoyed replaying the levels to get the gold. It wasnt easy and sometimes took me ages and many many retries until I hit on a way that works.

FYI, I consider myself an expert at time management games and will only played timed levels with gold options. So please bear this in mind when considering my review

Thanks

Go to: