NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

Daily play strategy for those at max level

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Apr 5, 17 7:40 AM
I'm trying to come up with a strategy for daily play. I'm at Level 76 so no more character quests until the next update.

I've done HOS rounds and ignored Destiny Key quests, but that bored me. I've done only Destiny Key quests, but that bored me also. I'm trying to come up with a play strategy that combines HOS, Keys, puzzles and anything else that will distract me.

So, for those at the max level, what is your daily strategy? How do you keep from getting bored?

Thanks in advance for all input.

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

Re:Daily play strategy for those at max level

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Apr 5, 17 7:44 AM

Download a Beta Test Game and give your feedback.

Cheers,

Jenifer

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Apr 5, 17 7:49 AM
I don't have a routine, which helps... It's just whatever I feel like doing that day... and I play other games... changing the type of game also helps break up the monotony...

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Apr 5, 17 7:59 AM

Oh! I forgot, the ultimate distraction!

Playing with a twelve week old kitten!

I have not finished an entire 'ROUND' in two weeks!

Certainly explains my current airship inventory!

Cheers,

Jenifer and Anabel (snoozing on my lap now).

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Apr 5, 17 8:19 AM
currently I am doing as many daily quests as possible knowing that when spring starts I will concentrate on the challenges we are given. I use puzzles to keep levels of items needed for daily quests . I am midway through the current update. I am earning the gold thus slowing progress. Soon I will be gardening and that will decrease my game play.

[Post New]by Gamegirl1957 on Apr 5, 17 9:27 AM
I'm in the same boat as you. I have found a good way to strategize with puzzles and the crafting list. I am going through each craft listing, if I need a missing piece, I add it to my puzzle list. It's been a good way to learn more about inventory too There were items that weren't in my inventory page, so some were new to me! I'm doing this because crafting can take a while to do if you need items during an update. Also when I go through each areas HOS's, I check what items it gives, if there is only a few, then those items go on my puzzle list as well. Other than this, I think we are all doing the same thing Hope this gives you an idea I love doing the HOS, so I try to beet my best times too, although they won't register, I still know! Hang in there, I'm sure the SE is just around the corner!

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 5, 17 9:29 AM
My daily routine:
First of all daily body maintenance ending up with a cup of tea (I won't go into any more details unless requested!).
Turn on computer and eventually in my browser read the Forum (any updates? any messages? etc)
Load MC game.
1. Zap the vibrating gift boxes and collect (in 90% of the time) my 50
2. Open up the DQ and then look through notes to see what is needed for the entire DQ
3. Download gifts from messages and note who has gifted them
4. Locate Friends list and gift 5 items allowed. I have a rota for this.
5. Go to my Special Room and zap some butterflies and open gold chest; then repeat for one of my Friends room.
6. Do first part of DQ IF no airship items involved in the DQ (otherwise ignore the DQ for the moment as I am desperate for airship items)
7. Do puzzles and that will either put me in a good mood or a bad one!
8. Start the daily HOS round in order to get my daily 20 Energy Balls.
(Once a week I will use my no-countdown amulet plus wands for one hour and blitz the daily dose of DQ (AS long as I have enough airship inventory)
9 when I have my daily 20 Energy balls, put the MC game "to bed" and think about life and its meaning in the cosmos. That can be quite interesting too!

OH I forgot!
1a. Put some background music on!

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Apr 5, 17 10:11 AM
playingthegame, I have an identical routine up to #8. (Except I drink coffee instead of tea) Also, on the DQ, I don't go by airship items but if it makes me go to the same scenes too many times or if I had the same DQ recently.

It's when I get to #9 that I start to fizzle. I'm trying to find that sweet spot between HOS, Key quests and puzzles that will keep me from losing what is left of my mind.

Gamegirl, I thought about going through the crafting list and getting items I don't already have, as well as all the ZZ. I might just do that as it will give me something to focus on.

I do play other games so maybe I just need to reduce play time, but this is the perfect game while feeding cats, making breakfast, putting in a load of laundry, etc. It waits patiently until I get back to it.

Thanks all for your input!

Edited on 04/05/2017 at 10:12:07 AM PST

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 5, 17 11:33 AM
OOOOhhhhhhhhhhh, playingthegame...........

You are so focused and organized......I'm totally envious!

ellenkcl
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ellenkcl on Apr 5, 17 1:04 PM
When I reached level 76 on my mail computer I started another game on an another computer. I go into lvl 76 game and send my gifts. I am concentrating on lower level players to gift to... I only put an item on Wish list if I really need something which I do not at this time. As soon as SE starts it's another thing. Keeping busy with other games as well.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Apr 5, 17 1:17 PM
playingthegame wrote:My daily routine:
First of all daily body maintenance ending up with a cup of tea (I won't go into any more details unless requested!).
Turn on computer and eventually in my browser read the Forum (any updates? any messages? etc)
Load MC game.
1. Zap the vibrating gift boxes and collect (in 90% of the time) my 50
2. Open up the DQ and then look through notes to see what is needed for the entire DQ
3. Download gifts from messages and note who has gifted them
4. Locate Friends list and gift 5 items allowed. I have a rota for this.
5. Go to my Special Room and zap some butterflies and open gold chest; then repeat for one of my Friends room.
6. Do first part of DQ IF no airship items involved in the DQ (otherwise ignore the DQ for the moment as I am desperate for airship items)
7. Do puzzles and that will either put me in a good mood or a bad one!
8. Start the daily HOS round in order to get my daily 20 Energy Balls.
(Once a week I will use my no-countdown amulet plus wands for one hour and blitz the daily dose of DQ (AS long as I have enough airship inventory)
9 when I have my daily 20 Energy balls, put the MC game "to bed" and think about life and its meaning in the cosmos. That can be quite interesting too!

OH I forgot!
1a. Put some background music on!

You forgot:

Play Lucky Diamonds in Trina's room and win nothing.

[Post New]by Landuselawyer on Apr 5, 17 1:17 PM
Playing and Loona, I also have exactly that routine! Except my body maintenance STARTS with tea or coffee and I won't go into further details even if requested!
I love the art in this game so much, that rounds is fun-- I try to parcel it out and do one or two locations each day, in addition to what the DQ and "blue key" characters want. (I know some people find those "blue key" quests annoying, especially when you have accumulated plenty of keys. But I like them, because they often send me to explore HOs I haven't seen in a while, and I think those errands add to inventory more than the constant requests for items deplete it, over all a plus, on balance.)
C'mon, spring!!

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Apr 5, 17 1:20 PM
BAPPLE wrote:currently I am doing as many daily quests as possible knowing that when spring starts I will concentrate on the challenges we are given. I use puzzles to keep levels of items needed for daily quests . I am midway through the current update. I am earning the gold thus slowing progress. Soon I will be gardening and that will decrease my game play.

Same here.. today I did 2 three paters and 5 part daily quest.
I am running low on airship items as I do not my rounds enough... anyone remember the price of the items when you need them to send the ship?

I try to play all the puzzles 2 or 3 times a day.. use the diamonds to reopen HOS.

I also do Trinas quest but try not to send the airship just for her.. I fail that one very often

Am looking forward to spring event

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Apr 6, 17 6:16 AM
Coffee. Gifts. Those are the things I do every day. Everything else depends on what I'm in the mood for.

But, with the update bringing anticipation for the Spring Event, I'll likely be playing a bit more today.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

Skdu
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Skdu on Apr 6, 17 8:37 AM
Coffee, gifts, DQs if I think I have enough airship items, read forum, sometimes complete a Trina quest....

I rarely complete a round of the castle... which explains my dearth of airship items....

oneoldlady
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by oneoldlady on Apr 6, 17 9:45 AM
one of the things no one has mentioned that I do is make things I can sell later when I need to have lots of money to open a new area such as ancestors spirit which cost 0 & sells for $2000 or sign of ferocity which costs $300 & sells for $1540. I also collect as many eggs as I can also for selling later when I need the money. That way when the new update comes I can open the areas.

Knim
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

[Post New]by Knim on Apr 6, 17 11:16 AM
The most important part of my game play is NAPS. Yep at least 2 times a day I need to get flat my back and even if in the middle HO I log out and nap. TOAD

Go to: