Daxadillion
Flounder
Flounder
2,298 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Enchanted Kingdom: A Dark Seed Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 6, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/06/2017 at 6:30:42 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,807 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Enchanted Kingdom: A Dark Seed Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Apr 6, 17 2:42 AM
For new players...this will be an amazing and wonderful game. For myself and other long time players...we've seen it, bought it, played it over and over again. Not to say...the graphics and animations and voice acting aren't great. But, I'm really tired of the purple and pinks and blues in games. It makes them less realistic for me.

This is only my opinion and I never expect anyone to buy a game off of what I say alone. Always play the trial for yourself. We're all so different you never know what might catch your fancy. I find sometimes it depends on my mood and how I feel about a game. Mood can really effect your opinion sometimes.

I do give kudos to the team of developers for a job well done. But, for long time players who feel like I do...enough with these types of colors and the dark theme in every game. I don't need rainbows or unicorns...I would just LOVE SOME NEW STORY LINES, that I have never seen or played before...with real colors.

I know your more intelligent and imaginative and talented than this...to waste your talents on putting out cookie cutter games over and over again, just for a . PLEASE! Your to good for this!!

To newbies, it's a great game and you will enjoy it. And to old timer's who love the same story line and these colors...your going to love it. For me...I'll buy it, with a punch card or DD/COTW/SE/Sale.

I hope my less than spirited mood doesn't damper your trying the game.
Lisa

bfgBellerophon
7,757 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Enchanted Kingdom: A Dark Seed Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 6, 17 6:31 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Enchanted Kingdom: A Dark Seed Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Enchanted Kingdom: A Dark Seed Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,031 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Apr 6, 17 6:43 AM
A BIG Thanks to Loveto MissLisa and CBTX for your refreshing honesty about games.
I look for your reviews in particular because I know they will be honest, direct and factual.
Based on the Demo: Tried it for myself and a few things I noticed. Yes, the blues, purples and pink colours are once again supposed to give us a sense of magical wonder but really are getting tiresome. But, the scenes are clear and well done.

Personally, I liked the HOS encountered. They are somewhat unique and at least are interactive. The puzzles also were pretty good, especially if played on hard mode. You will have a challenge although I suppose some will wiz right through them.
The bird is useful and (to be honest here) would rather use the bird than have to hunt down a ladder or tie together sheets, or hunt for a boomerang. At least the bird is in keeping with being a magical healer.

All in all, not a bad start. No, admittedly; not a new concept but fairly well executed.
And as we say; try it for yourself. I did and like it enough that will buy when the SE is released and that's due to economic restraints.

Edited on 04/06/2017 at 7:52:16 AM PST

nanafraser
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Apr 6, 17 9:18 AM
I like the story line! But I always prefer fairy tale like stories rather then the scary creepy ones! Really enjoying this game!

HeatherDay
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by HeatherDay on Apr 6, 17 12:53 PM
I tried the demo.
No issue in downloading or installing.
However, I had to turn off Special Effects and use system cursor because they were making the game lag.

In my opinion:
Would I recommend the game? Sure. Would I purchase it? No. There is no replay value or anything that makes me want to find out the who the Dark Seed is nor the story behind his evil tree-disease.

All in all it's not a bad game. Just not interesting game-play or story line.
As others have said, it's the same-ol'-same.

As the original posters always say: Try for yourself!

[I've been a member for years and have read the helpful forums (for years ) before purchasing a game. I don't know why I started posting all of a sudden but oh well here I am ]

Edited to add: playing on Win 7 home premium laptop

Edited on 04/06/2017 at 12:55:17 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,104 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 8, 17 1:15 PM
Hi all! Well, we have a nice CE today. As always, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story line to others who do a much better job than I. This game started out with a lot of purple, which always puts me off. However, after the opening scene, the colors cleared up and are very bright and true. Graphics are very clear, even in close ups and cut scenes. Animation is well done and lifelike when we have it. Music is soothing, but does move with whatever is happening at the time. Voices are fairly nice and are age and character appropriate. Actually, our main voice sounds a lot like Adam West...yep, old batman! We get to heal people of dreaded diseases, using a healer kit and a diagnosis tool. The tool is used to ID the problem and then figure out which herbs are needed for the cure. You get a list to find and then put it together to heal our character. Sound FX are nice, but mostly we have the music.

HOPs are varied and well done, with interactive silhouettes, highlighted words and straight lists. Some items are quite small, but still not difficult to find. You can switch to a match 3 if you prefer. Puzzles were fairly simple, but you can choose between easy and hard. This game has one of my favorite maps. Areas are clearly identified and you can choose to get a hint on whether you missed a collectible or not. The hint system is very helpful and it does transport to longer locations. Mostly by the map opening up and showing you where to go next. There is a lot of back-tracking, so this is a big time saver. Strategy guide is the usual and easy to follow.

We have many collectibles, which I really like in a CE game. We need to find 15 busts, which are fairly large and can be partially hidden; 69 crystals that are often small but still not difficult to see...these can be most anywhere in a scene; 15 artifacts of various items and are easy to overlook and forget. Best part, we get to eat 14 cupcakes. Don't know why, but it's kind of fun anyway. Nicely done.

Be aware that when traveling, you do have bright lights, but travel is few and far between. This game is not exceptionally challenging, but it was fun and the story interesting enough to make me want to get it. I think all levels of players will find this one a nice game. Yes, I am adding it to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for it at all. Thanks for the reviews.

OnBreak
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OnBreak on Apr 9, 17 7:04 AM
It just goes to show you, to each his own. I thoroughly enjoyed this game. I am just about to start the bonus section. As for the colors, they didnt bother me in the least, i thought they looked fine. The puzzles were plentiful and that is my favorite parts of these games. Each puzzle had easy and hard. They were so varied and different degrees of difficulty. The story line was interesting enough. The HOS were varies as well but not so plentiful. Give it a try if you are a puzzle person too. You wont be disappointed.

[Post New]by Poseies on Apr 12, 17 6:10 PM
I can`t get in it

uglyteacup
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by uglyteacup on Apr 20, 17 10:43 PM
LoveToMissLisa wrote:
To newbies, it's a great game and you will enjoy it. And to old timer's who love the same story line and these colors...your going to love it. For me...I'll buy it, with a punch card or DD/COTW/SE/Sale.

I hope my less than spirited mood doesn't damper your trying the game.
Lisa

I don't know if Miss Lisa knows how much some of the gamers here on BF such as myself look forward to reading those comments of hers and sincerely appreciate them for their candidacy. (A heartfelt thank you to you LoveToMissLisa.)

As for the Enchanted Kingdom franchise, I like them well enough. But they, amongst all the other game franchises on our beloved BIG FISH, have become formulaic and thus tiresome. Sorely missing the spontaneity of 'Adventure' and 'Hidden Object' genres, I have resorted to refocusing my attention on the far-and-between offerings of puzzle games such as 'Rooms The Unsolvable Puzzle'; Backgammon (not from BF but would have been if ever were offered); and favorite solitaires.
...Unfortunately for me most of the solitaires offered up on BF are quite juvenile and uninteresting to this adult; though daily I search the long list here hoping to discover a solitaire game I some how have skipped-over,alas the searches are in vain --- so longing for another Fairway's Collectors Edition (golf) or Seven Seas challenge--- I've even resorted to playing some of the less mindless 'Match 3's' Developers please hear our outcry for fresh and unique game play FOR ADULTS PRACTICED IN GAMES.[u]

Edited on 04/20/2017 at 10:51:08 PM PST

Go to: