judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

my only peeve on this game.............

[Post New]by judy76073 on Apr 8, 17 2:05 PM
I am enjoying this game, but my only peeve is that it is SO DIFFICULT to find the collectable keys - good grief - I don't expect these things to be glaringly overt in every scene, but sometimes, the items are so tiny and faded, it is hard for us "oldies" to peer at a screen trying to find something that is almost invisible. the saving grace to this is that I know when I finish the entire game, I can go back and look for them.

Other than that, it is an enjoyable game.

HeatherDay
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:my only peeve on this game.............

[Post New]by HeatherDay on Apr 8, 17 3:23 PM
i agree Judy76073. I had no idea what I was looking for. I saw it on bottom right of my screen (next to hint) but that itself was so tiny that again, I had no idea what I was looking for. Is it a key? A feather with key? I don't know. it's a hard-to-identify collectible.

[Post New]by CherylParker on Apr 8, 17 7:38 PM
The collectibles are getting harder and harder to find in Eipix games.

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Apr 9, 17 8:59 AM
I too am finding the collectibles much more difficult to find. In the past year there have been many gamers who have complained that games are too easy and that the collectibles are "in your face" easy to spot. Because of the noise made by those who complain, the developer has started making collectibles that are just almost impossible to find.

For me at least, finding the collectibles are the reason I purchase CE games. If the collectibles continue to be this incredibly difficult to find (in some cased almost invisible) then that takes away my fun so I must ask myself if it is even worth it to buy the CE.

The collectibles don't need to be glaringly easy to spot but they do need to be visible enough where it doesn't make the game tedious for those of us who happen to love finding them in the CEs. There gets to be a point where developers end up shooting themselves in the foot in order to pacify those who always manage to find something to complain about. If the developers want to keep selling CEs maybe they should take into account that many of us who are no quite so vocal are for the most part very happy with the way collectibles were in the past.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Apr 12, 17 10:02 AM
biscuitsmama wrote:I too am finding the collectibles much more difficult to find. In the past year there have been many gamers who have complained that games are too easy and that the collectibles are "in your face" easy to spot. Because of the noise made by those who complain, the developer has started making collectibles that are just almost impossible to find.

For me at least, finding the collectibles are the reason I purchase CE games. If the collectibles continue to be this incredibly difficult to find (in some cased almost invisible) then that takes away my fun so I must ask myself if it is even worth it to buy the CE.

The collectibles don't need to be glaringly easy to spot but they do need to be visible enough where it doesn't make the game tedious for those of us who happen to love finding them in the CEs. There gets to be a point where developers end up shooting themselves in the foot in order to pacify those who always manage to find something to complain about. If the developers want to keep selling CEs maybe they should take into account that many of us who are no quite so vocal are for the most part very happy with the way collectibles were in the past.

I so agree....the collectables and the morphing objects have to be a little more visible. I cannot see them even after looking in the SG AND using my magnifying glass. I also agree that this developer tends to make them less visible than most.

While I am at it.....why can't all devs include an icon that shows if the collectables in a scene have been found. Not the number of items, but something that shows either in the map or on the task bar that the scene is all clear.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Apr 13, 17 12:05 PM
I totally agree they are very difficult to find, and OK we like a challenge, it wouldn't be fun if it wasn't, but does it have to be so dam hard, I would say look in the guide, but that's cheating

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Apr 14, 17 7:30 PM
Does anyone know if we can collect the collectibles after the game is over from the extra content menu?

[Post New]by Hazza13 on Apr 23, 17 2:20 AM
Hi kaitlinn. yes you can complete the remaining collectibles after the bonus chapter

Go to: