bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 14, 10 12:55 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer technical issues here only

[Post New]by Dee_H on Apr 14, 10 1:19 AM
I am downloading the trial as I type, but I was hesitant with this one since another reliable site stated, "Finally, AOM2 suffered from a horrible bug (on my 64-bit Vista system) where almost all dialogue lines are cut-off halfway through. I had to rely on the subtitles for 99% of the game. The recent patch available from the City Interactive website made no difference to this at all." I have been disappointed with a few (non-Big Fish) games, like Black Mirror, not playing properly on my Vista 64, but hopefully, issue has been addressed. I'll let you know! This post was offered just as an fyi to fellow Vista 64 gamers, we must stick together and end the Vista frustration! Please, take advantage of the generous free one hour trial offered by Big Fish whenever available to avoid potential issues! This ends my public service announcement

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 14, 10 1:23 AM
Can anyone help please? I have a new laptop with an HD screen, and it is supposed to have the best graphics, this, that and the other! BUT, it won't play this game properly! The Vaio gate thing at the top won't go away when the game loads, so is part of the game screen :-(( If I touch it with the cursor I just get my desktop back but with huge black borders! And the screen size is that of a postcard...can't see much at all as everything is tiny.
Would changing the screen resolution help?
This game looks great, but I've almost lost my trial hour as each time I try it, by the time the first cuts finish, another 5 to 10 mins has passed.
Game looks great.............help!
Thanks
PS. I tried changing the screen resbut made no difference. Nothing makes it big enough to view/work properly

Edited on 04/14/2010 at 1:35:23 AM PST

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 14, 10 1:36 AM
belamba wrote:Can anyone help please? I have a new laptop with an HD screen, and it is supposed to have the best graphics, this, that and the other! BUT, it won't play this game properly! The Vaio gate thing at the top won't go away when the game loads, so is part of the game screen :-(( If I touch it with the cursor I just get my desktop back but with huge black borders! And the screen size is that of a postcard...can't see much at all as everything is tiny.
Would changing the screen resolution help?
This game looks great, but I've almost lost my trial hour as each time I try it, by the time the first cuts finish, another 5 to 10 mins has passed.
Game looks great.............help!
Thanks
Hey La Bamba, did you try running it on administrator? I had to do that a few days ago- I am sorry I couldn't be more help, but I am sure a friendly fish will see your post and give you a hand.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 14, 10 1:36 AM
Dee_H wrote:I am downloading the trial as I type, but I was hesitant with this one since another reliable site stated, "Finally, AOM2 suffered from a horrible bug (on my 64-bit Vista system) where almost all dialogue lines are cut-off halfway through. I had to rely on the subtitles for 99% of the game. The recent patch available from the City Interactive website made no difference to this at all." I have been disappointed with a few (non-Big Fish) games, like Black Mirror, not playing properly on my Vista 64, but hopefully, issue has been addressed. I'll let you know! This post was offered just as an fyi to fellow Vista 64 gamers, we must stick together and end the Vista frustration! Please, take advantage of the generous free one hour trial offered by Big Fish whenever available to avoid potential issues! This ends my public service announcement

Maybe it won't work for me because I have 64 bit Windows 7? Is that a likely cause of my installation problems?

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Apr 14, 10 1:41 AM
i had problems with the game starting and then stopping as if it had to catch up with itself. It is a little dark, but I can handle that. Will delete and download again. Bummerrrrrrrrrrrr,

Well, guess it just is not ment for me to have this game ... OH well, there are so many out there ..... I will not really miss this one.

Edited on 04/14/2010 at 1:53:08 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 14, 10 1:42 AM
Hi Terrymann,
Never quite sure how to do that?? The games settings usually offer diff res options, but this one doesn't. I've clicked/unclicked so many things so many times I'm running out of the trial hour.
My only hope is to try it on my older laptop and finish the game (if poss) before 'Victor Vaio' goes to his new home:-))
Amazing; spend all this money on something made for gaming and the first game I try on it won't work. At times life is a pain in the rear!

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 14, 10 1:44 AM
Sorry patnsky..... I hope it will work after you do that. T

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Apr 14, 10 1:54 AM
TerryMann wrote:Sorry patnsky..... I hope it will work after you do that. T

Thanks .. it still will not play right .. Oh well .... How the heck are you tonight??

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 14, 10 3:18 AM
To: patnsky Hi....I am doing fine, thanks for asking. Sorry about the game giving you problems and always...great to hear from you and take care- TMann

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Apr 14, 10 3:44 AM
The only problem I'm having is the sound and some lag on movie scenes. It's all choppy. The game play runs fine. This is the only game that does this on my puter.

Edited on 04/14/2010 at 3:47:50 AM PST

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 14, 10 3:59 AM
Hi prchalph, I noticed the same thing when I played, so no you are not the only one. TMann

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Apr 14, 10 4:58 AM
Hi T!
I went and updated my video driver and it improved it by 80%. Much better.

Edited on 04/14/2010 at 4:59:30 AM PST

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Apr 14, 10 7:04 AM
It makes me mad. I played the game starting at 9am EST today April 14 and had only played about 14 minutes of the game. Got a message stating that my time was up. talk about CROOOKED. I didn't even get to play the last 46 minutes of the game. BEWARE gamesters

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Apr 14, 10 1:22 PM
How can you be crooked out of something thats free?

Amaootta
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Amaootta on Apr 14, 10 5:17 PM
There's no sound in the demo?? All my other sounds work nicely but there's no sound in the game demo. In game's sound settings all slides are on max, but still nada...

ihateshopping
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by ihateshopping on Apr 14, 10 7:32 PM
Demo plays fine on my 32bit WinXP, 2.8ghz, 2.5 gb RAM, except there's something wrong with the subtitles. Some are fine, others look like part of different words are half scratched out.

Sending image to customer service.

ihateshopping
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by ihateshopping on Apr 14, 10 7:44 PM
belamba wrote:Maybe it won't work for me because I have 64 bit Windows 7? Is that a likely cause of my installation problems?

from the download page:

System Requirements:

* CPU: 1.8 GHz
* RAM: 512 MB
* DirectX: 9.0
* Hard Drive: 2289 MB

doesn't say anything about 32 or 64 bit, but no Win7.

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on Apr 15, 10 1:55 AM
Also having trouble with talking to policeman about the evidence at the end. Followed the walktrough to the tee, at the end it just says end of conversation. Deleted the game and re-downloaded. Checked dx-diag and everything is up todate. Have everything I am suppose to have. I have a 32 bit, does that make a difference. Everything runs properly on the game, just can not get out of door because police man cannot talk to about evidence. Is there a glitch with the game and if so, will it be fixed. Thanks.

geezing
Catfish
Catfish
1,722 Posts

[Post New]by geezing on Apr 15, 10 4:03 AM
Have 2 y/o Gateway w/ Vista
Game freezing in Hotel after sending photos.
This is very sad.

Go to: