DJGF
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Home Port - Stage 6

[Post New]by DJGF on Apr 9, 17 2:18 PM
What is the trick to getting the 5000 wood? I get it in the Silver time, but then it adds another task to complete, so not sure the best way to complete this level.

mapste
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Home Port - Stage 6

[Post New]by mapste on Apr 26, 17 4:03 PM
Didn't look back on this specific level, but in general my tactic is -- Wood costs money, so get one of the bigger ships decked full out and "dispatch" it constantly to get gold to buy wood.

[Post New]by madalicia on May 12, 17 2:05 AM
OMG, how hard is this level? I can get the 5000 wood now to get the gold (with a second to spare) but then it adds the upgrade. I used the ship-of-line to keep going out for treasure and then buying and selling the others. i don't believe this can be done for gold!! Please someone tell me if they have done it and how

[Post New]by mrs_corpseman on Jun 20, 17 10:38 AM
I got gold!
You only have to upgrade the big ships with one item ( ex upgraded sails). You'll need extra sailors Repair and sell the small ships. Buy the big ones. I sent 2 out to get $. Destroy the ship yard and replace with an upgraded wreck yard. Alternate wrecking the big ships you buy with upgrading sails. Sell the ones you upgrade the sails on. Keep doing this buying wood in between.

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Jul 25, 17 3:35 PM
mrs_corpseman wrote:I got gold!
You only have to upgrade the big ships with one item ( ex upgraded sails). You'll need extra sailors Repair and sell the small ships. Buy the big ones. I sent 2 out to get $. Destroy the ship yard and replace with an upgraded wreck yard. Alternate wrecking the big ships you buy with upgrading sails. Sell the ones you upgrade the sails on. Keep doing this buying wood in between.

Can you share your steps? Did you send out the same two big ships or different ships after upgrading the sails? Did you use the armory at all?

[Post New]by Brysgranny13 on Aug 20, 17 12:24 AM
I have been on this level for weeks. I try the suggestion on the blog, to no avail. Please, please, help. I love this game, but this level has me stumped. Please be specific in you success for this level.

[Post New]by marietje34 on Aug 30, 17 10:40 AM
I finally managed to finish this level as follows. I basically followed the suggestion above: sell all ships except ship-of-line (SoL), keep dispatching 2 SoL and alternate scrapping & updating/selling SoL.

I only bought SoL if they were 3100 or under but later on you have enough money to buy any ship, which you need to do to get enough wood. Each scrapped SoL gives you 500 wood.

Key is to repair and sell the galleon & junk first for extra cash.

- buy 200 wood, upgrade sail maker, hire 5 sailors - keep buying 200 wood regularly until you have the scrap yard.
- repair galleon and sell
- repair hull SoL and junk, sell junk
- hire 5 sailors
- repair sails SoL, start dispatching
- hire 5 sailors (I needed 15-20 extra)
- buy 1st cheap SoL, update sails, build cannon - dispatch.
- destroy ship yard & build scrap yard/update
- repair & sell 2 caravel
- buy 1 SoL, update sails, sell
- buy 1 SoL, scrap
- continue until you have 4000 wood, scrap the 2 dispatch ships to get to 5000.
- I had enough updates SoL this way.

[Post New]by marietje34 on Aug 30, 17 10:42 AM
Taltam1 wrote:
mrs_corpseman wrote: Can you share your steps? Did you send out the same two big ships or different ships after upgrading the sails? Did you use the armory at all?

I only used the armory once for the second Ship-of-Line for dispatching. You can destroy it and build a second scrap yard but that wasn't necessary for me.

Go to: