Daxadillion
Flounder
Flounder
2,369 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Make it Big in Hollywood here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 10, 17 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/10/2017 at 5:11:35 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Make it Big in Hollywood here.

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Apr 10, 17 3:40 AM
Game downloads and begins fine. Cut scene is fine but when it gets to the "Play" screen, I click Play and screen turns black....music continues but screen stays black. I have to go to task manager to leave game.
I tried this game at another site weeks ago and it did the same thing. All other games work on this computer, I can't imagine what is wrong with this game and have tried everything to remedy the problem.

bfgBellerophon
7,994 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 10, 17 5:11 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

REDRAM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by REDRAM on Apr 10, 17 10:17 AM
hi I played this game fine for one hour I brought it and activated it and it was fine to start off with but come the third scene it kept freezing although the time carried on and I got no points

bfgBellerophon
7,994 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 10, 17 10:34 AM
Hi REDRAM,

I'm sorry to hear that after activating this particular game, it tends to freeze at a certain scene. We definitely want to help get things up and running as it should, so I'm going to go ahead and provide some Big Fish Games Help pages that contain troubleshooting steps known to help resolve this issue.

For the first help page please ensure that your video card driver is current. The second help page contains steps on running the game as an administrator. Both of these help pages help to ensure that the game has the necessary permissions to run properly.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If issues continue to persist, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to provide further assistance.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Apr 10, 17 12:37 PM
Just a note from earlier. I finally got the game to continue to play by going to the very basics of the game in it's deep folder and allowing it to be played as administrator. It won't work with just a simple admin allowance, have to go inside the game innards so to speak. Never had to do that before with any game. Learned something new today.

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Apr 10, 17 1:59 PM
I got through the first location and bonus game, but the second location brought up a black screen with the music playing. I'm reluctant to buy it if it's going to do that.

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Apr 11, 17 5:41 AM
After fiddling with the compatibility for ages and getting the game to work, I made it through 3 levels..When I attempted level 4...same thing blank screen and music. My advice is NOT to buy this game. Something is most definitely wrong with it.

FishinFem
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by FishinFem on Apr 11, 17 9:26 AM
georgiarealist wrote:I got through the first location and bonus game, but the second location brought up a black screen with the music playing. I'm reluctant to buy it if it's going to do that.

This was my exact problem and reaction ..... i would have bought the game but when on the trial i got to the second location and screen went black and nothing.... i WILL NOT buy the game till this is fixed

ojennifer
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by ojennifer on Apr 11, 17 11:58 AM
I played this game weeks ago somewhere else. It played flawlessly.
I downloaded it today and I get a black screen with music and nothing else.
I really wanted to buy this game that is why I waited for BF to get it. But I am not dealing with this unplayable garbage for yet another game. I got burned on Wedding Salon 2, which is unplayable. I will have to wait until this gets fixed, if ever.

bfgIlinalta
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 11, 17 1:29 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to provide your experiences with Make it Big in Hollywood. It sounds like some players are running into an issue where the game comes up as a blank or black screen with sound. In this case, if you haven't already done so, I'd like to offer some preliminary troubleshooting which seems to have helped other players resolve the issue as well as how to contact our Technical Support Team should any further assistance be necessary.

When playing on Windows, sometimes a game needs more permissions than have been allowed on that specific computer to play the game smoothly. It may be helpful to try to run the game as an Administrator, which should provide those permissions. Just in case it is helpful, the following page of steps can help with running a game as an Administrator:

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. If you would like further troubleshooting assistance, it would be very helpful to also provide that request alongside a Dr Felix Report. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as possible to help as best they can.

Thank you for your time and patience, and I hope this is helpful. Please don't hesitate to PM me or any of our other active Moderators if there are further questions. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by kellybg1978 on Apr 11, 17 7:52 PM
I had the same issue with the game going to a black screen and the music playing once I finished the first studio. I implemented the tips including running as an administrator and troubleshooting the compatibility (my comp's on Windows 10). After doing all that, I'm glad to say that the game will run. However, the lag is so great, I can't really progress because I can't get the points I need.

I like this game and there's no doubt that it's playable but it definitely needs a fix soon. Even with the short-term fixes, my frustration with the lag is enough that I wouldn't play this much longer otherwise.

judieau
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by judieau on Apr 12, 17 3:25 AM
Just downloaded the demo version and am having the same problem at the 3rd scene where the screen went blank. I have Windows 8.1 and have tried all the tips from here to try and fix it, but unfortunately it still doesn't work.

It seems to be a very enjoyable game, so I do hope the issue can be resolved.

ms_spock
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by ms_spock on Apr 12, 17 4:35 AM
I'll check out the Help feature, but just in case others are having this same problem -- Euro Debut Level 4 (and sometimes Level 3) and especially if you back to play them, after purchase screen, the level won't load. Just get a blank screen and freeze. I have to use "End Task" to get out of the game. If "Help" does not correct, I'll be baaaaaaaaaaack! ;-)

ms_spock
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by ms_spock on Apr 12, 17 4:41 AM
Ok, I'm back. Nothing in the "Help" section that is of any use. I see others are having the same problem with this game. Seems this was a waste of one of game credits. I'm uninstalling, and headed to reviews now to warn people of the problem -- that's the problem with the game -- not the gamers!

bfgBellerophon
7,994 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 12, 17 9:50 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates that players have taken the time to post in this thread what is occurring within their game and what troubleshooting steps they have taken. We definitely want players to be able to access and play their games.

For the various issues that have been presented in this thread, it is recommended to refer to the following Big Fish Games Help page for steps on running the game as an administrator. Doing this can help the game pull the necessary resources and permissions to run properly.

Please keep in mind that with the different permutations on the market today, we understand that technical issues can occur. If issues continue to persist, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the tools to further assist as we don't want players to be left with an unplayable game. We want to help in any way that we can.

We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators. We are always willing to help with what tools are provided to us.

bfgBellerophon

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Apr 12, 17 11:30 AM
Well, I'm not going to buy the game in order to do all the troubleshooting steps (which have never helped in similar situations in the past) and/or to submit a report to support that ends up getting me the same suggestions and a coupon for a free game. It's obvious that there's a problem with the game. Fix it, and I'll consider buying it. As it is, I won't even waste a credit on it. I've played the demo and don't have time left on it to tinker with things.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 13, 17 5:16 PM
Hi georgiarealist,

I definitely understand not wanting to purchase a game where you are seeing technical issues, and the Forum Moderation Team certainly wants people to be able to enjoy their games without encountering glitches. Our teams work to thoroughly test all of our releases, however, due to the number of software and hardware configurations currently available, unforeseen issues may arise. Trying out games before purchasing them, as you did, is definitely a good way to make sure that you enjoy the game and that it's running properly on your system.

In case anyone else would like info on trying a trial of one of our games, I've included a help article with some details below:

Download a Trial Game

If anyone else is encountering persistent technical issues you're definitely welcome to contact our Technical Support Team. Our Reps are happy to assist as best they can.

Thank you for your patience. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Apr 13, 17 9:53 PM
The problem with this is that I've played the trial on another site since this one didn't work, and the other site's version didn't do this. My system hasn't changed, so I have to assume that there's some difference between your version of the game and the one offered on the other site. If you can't make the game work properly, I will simply have to purchase it elsewhere. I would prefer to buy it here, but it's up to Big Fish to get the correct version of the game. There have been too many instances lately of games that don't work right, and it takes a long time to get corrections (if ever).

Edited on 04/13/2017 at 9:56:58 PM PST

[Post New]by judsandra on Apr 14, 17 2:41 PM
I am having the same problem that others seem to have - blank screen with just music playing in background. This is definitely a BF problem and really needs to be fixed. You take money from people and we expect to get quality games and games that work when we purchase from your site. This is something that needs to be fixed by BF and not referring everyone to the "frequently asked questions" or other forums. We just want a fix. We are not techs, you guys are. FIX OUR GAMES!!! I am not a techy and have tried all your supposed "fixes" for this game, but nothing works. I have a new laptop, so it's not the video card out of date, etc. Please fix this issue soon.

Go to: