Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Ominous Tales: The Forsaken Isle here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 11, 17 12:48 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/11/2017 at 6:27:45 AM PST

lapphund
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Ominous Tales: The Forsaken Isle here.

[Post New]by lapphund on Apr 11, 17 3:07 AM
I have downloaded the full Ominous Tales: The Forsaken Isle game, but after clicking to open the game everything loads graphics move, sound ok but on the screen page where you add profile, and click to start the game the curser is frozen, click on it but nothing moves. I have tried closeing down PC and restarting but made no diffrence. I have windows 8.1

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 11, 17 6:28 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Moneve
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Moneve on Apr 11, 17 11:00 AM
I have Windows 7 Pro and I bought the game. It plays well but it will not hold my Custom Settings. I have to constantly go back to Options and reset my preferences in the Custom setting. I leave the game, and when I come back to play, I have to go to Options and re-set the Custom Settings, then as I play the game, I have to go back and put in my preferences over and over again.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 11, 17 3:51 PM
Hello Moneve,

I'm sorry to hear that those settings don't seem to be retained when trying to play this game. In this particular case, if you would like additional assistance with those settings, I would like to request that you get in touch with our Technical Support Team as they have the tools available to continue assisting for these sorts of deeper troubleshooting issues.

Just get in touch with them with the title of the game, and a Dr. Felix Report attached to the "Submit a request" form HERE. Our Reps will get back in touch to continue assisting as best they can.

Thank you for your patience and time, and I hope that gets resolved so those settings can be retained when trying to play in the future. Do not hesitate to contact any of the active Moderators if there are further questions. We're happy to listen and help as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Zaphod4242 on Apr 11, 17 11:58 PM
Playing on PC Windows 8.1. This game will not play left handed.

moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by moondances on Apr 12, 17 11:34 AM
Game played ok except for shaky cursor until I tried to place the handle on the bucket-Game froze and I had to CAD to task mgr to get out of game

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 12, 17 2:29 PM
Hi Zaphod4242,

Thank you for taking the time to post what is being experienced on your computer with this particular game.

Zaphod4242, we do apologize for the inconvenience that this game isn't allowing you to play left handed. It is possible that this game doesn't allow this feature. Since being able to play left handed is a feature you would like, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the tools to further assist with this issue.

moondances, I'm sorry to hear that the game froze during game play and you had to press control alt delete to get out of the game. It is recommended to refer to the following Big Fish Games Help page to run the game as an administrator. Doing this enables the game to obtain the necessary permissions to run properly.

Run Game as Administrator

If you continue to experience issues, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. They are always happy to provide further assistance.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the active moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Jun 24, 17 7:16 PM
Game froze on me at the very end (naturally) when I was preparing the arrow and crossbow. CAD took me out; went back in and finished the last few minutes. Playing on Windows 10 desktop.

Go to: