Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Ominous Tales: The Foresaken Isle here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 11, 17 12:51 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/11/2017 at 6:28:58 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Ominous Tales: The Foresaken Isle here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 11, 17 6:29 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Ominous Tales: The Forsaken Isle here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Ominous Tales: The Forsaken Isle.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Apr 11, 17 6:49 AM
Only played the demo.
My main complaint would be that the explanation of some of the challenges is not quite clear.
Others are an appropriate challenge and nicely different.
It is worth a try,

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Apr 11, 17 7:15 AM
I found the demo for this game a tad too boring & on the mediocre side to be interested in purchasing it. The demo is the 60 minute variety, so rather than playing to a predetermined point, you get as far as you can in that time. There is customized gameplay, though not w/ as many options as I'm used to seeing, & presented somewhat differently. There's an interactive map provided that transports, & the hint functions well, both in & out of the HO scenes; both hint & skip can be set to recharge quickly, though not to specified times. In the time I played (I had made it to the port & was guddling around in the first few boards there), I encountered 3 mini-games & 1 HO scene. The HO scene was visited twice; the first time utilized interactive list finds, the second, silhouette finds. Regarding the 3 mini-games: The first I appeared to have solved, but it didn't "resolve"; as it was a fairly simple puzzle & I could see nothing I had done wrong, I hit skip to proceed. The second was no problem, & of about medium difficulty; on the third, the directions left me befuddled, & as I didn't feel like noodling around, trying to figure out what I was supposed to do, I skipped again. As far as overall functionality is concerned, the demo downloaded w/ no issues & I didn't have any actual problems, but the game ran kind of slow & clunky for me. Between that & what I thought to be a rather threadbare, nonsensical storyline, I just basically hung in there 'til the demo was over. I did observe 3 or 4 different types of collectibles, so there's that; graphics were nothing to write home about, but not terrible. Try it yourself, & see what you think; as for me, it's time for some joe.

Edited on 04/11/2017 at 7:21:00 AM PST

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Apr 11, 17 9:13 AM
Well I used a coupon to purchase this as I thought the puzzles etc were interesting even though the storyline was a bit far fetched (especially as the "player" was supposed to be a descendant but Lady Annabel killed herself before having children!!) - a huge disappointment - it deteriorated after the demo and gameplay was very short and I've had to tell myself off for actually buying this!!

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Apr 11, 17 11:57 AM
I have to agree with addictedtofish. I used a PCC to buy the game. The MAP should have been a sign as to the length of the game. I finished the Demo in 55 minutes. The rest of the game took about 2 hours.

[Post New]by Annabellie126 on Apr 11, 17 2:16 PM
I can't figure out where any of the collectibles are???? Anyone have a hint??

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Apr 12, 17 3:46 AM
Love ghost stories like this one - a simple but nicely made SE with extras as collectibles etc. Good idea: skip possibility for HOS too!

Admittedly a better game, than many of the highly recommended editor's choice games we had lately.

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Apr 12, 17 6:33 PM
Boring, tedious game. The puzzles were the only thing I found remotely interesting. Overall, it seemed a bit amateurish and dated to me.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on May 10, 17 7:49 PM
This was not the best game but it was short which is what I needed plus I got it with a PCC .
Personally I am tired of spooky games but this one being short was not too bad. The graphics, story-line ect. were ok.
& 1/2 out of 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale.

Played on desktop PC running Win.10 with no problems.

Go to: