bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Penguin Rescue forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 12, 17 12:29 AM
Welcome to Penguin Rescue forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Penguin Rescue players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

gilly85
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Re:Welcome to Penguin Rescue forum

[Post New]by gilly85 on Apr 23, 17 5:11 AM
Hi everyone,
Thoroughly enjoying the game but I'm totally stuck on Level 80. I have matched 2 super penguins but no result. Has anyone succeeded where I am failing?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 23, 17 8:41 AM
Hi gilly85, the 2 super penguins have to be the "remove row" or "remove column" ones only and you have to get them next to each other, then drag them into each other. You have to do this twice, so need at least 4 super penguins. If you try some other combo of super penguins like a bomb penguin and a remove row/column one it sadly doesn't count.

gilly85
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by gilly85 on Apr 24, 17 1:46 AM
Thank you SynthpopAddict
How do I create a "remove row/column" super penguin please?
I have made bomb type super penguins but don't recall a snowstorm super penguin. After posting I also noticed that I was down to just one super penguin needed so I must have done it some how.

I have tried uninstalling the game using my favourite software uninstaller and will download again to see if I can restart from the beginning and save my weapons.

They say God loves a trier and I WILL persist

gilly85
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Need to re-start?

[Post New]by gilly85 on Apr 24, 17 3:36 AM
Hello,
For anyone who is totally stuck like I was I have used my own uninstall software to restart the game and play to suit the levels.

I don't think I can name the software here or can I 'Admin/Moderator'?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 24, 17 12:02 PM
gilly85 wrote:Thank you SynthpopAddict
I have made bomb type super penguins but don't recall a snowstorm super penguin.

You're welcome

The remove row or remove column super penguins are made by matching 4 tiles. The bomb ones are for matching 5 tiles in an L or T shaped match. You can also get a remove all of one color penguin for making a 5 in a row match.

As an aside, I've found a really helpful trick for many levels is to combine the assorted super penguins by dragging one into the other for a better effect. Different combos give you different results, so have fun experimenting.

gilly85
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by gilly85 on Apr 26, 17 12:46 AM
SynthpopAddict wrote:
gilly85 wrote:Thank you SynthpopAddict
I have made bomb type super penguins but don't recall a snowstorm super penguin.

You're welcome

The remove row or remove column super penguins are made by matching 4 tiles. The bomb ones are for matching 5 tiles in an L or T shaped match. You can also get a remove all of one color penguin for making a 5 in a row match.

As an aside, I've found a really helpful trick for many levels is to combine the assorted super penguins by dragging one into the other for a better effect. Different combos give you different results, so have fun experimenting.

Oh dear, that's what I've been doing for the past 50 levels so I'm missing something somewhere. Must try harder !!
Anyway, I've reached level 40 again but this time with loads of money in the pot so if I get really stuck again at least I am 'liquide' as they say over here.
Thank you again
Wish me luck

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 26, 17 3:41 PM
Hi again, did you try doing the combination two times on level 80? That "2" on the goal is misleading. It's not that you just make the 2 penguins and drag them together, you have to do that one time and then make another set of the super penguins and drag them together again.

gilly85
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by gilly85 on Apr 28, 17 12:36 AM
I think I did get that bit OK but at the moment I'm back in the 60's level wise with loads of coins (1300+) so if all else fails just blast the board clean!!!

Thanks for all your help

gilly85
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

SUCCESS!!!!

[Post New]by gilly85 on Apr 28, 17 3:36 AM
Hooray - I've done it. By saving loads of coins and buying the 'extras' to finish the level I got it done, albeit with 2 stars only. I still have 1200 coins as well.

No worries - now I can move on and probably get stuck somewhere else.
Brilliant game - I even like their new 'Snails' one
Thanks again for all the advice.

Edited on 04/29/2017 at 12:42:46 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 28, 17 5:55 AM
You're welcome, glad to have helped.

Good to hear you still have such a good stash of gold. Be warned, you'll need it after level 100 because it sure gets tough after that point of the game! Someone posted that if you played level 45 over and over, eventually it would start giving you 30 gold every time you did it, but I haven't confirmed this.

I noticed that some of the levels in Pretty Snails are exactly the same as in Penguin Rescue after about level 105 - have to wonder if the developer ran out of ideas by that point of the game LOL.

[Post New]by doyl022 on May 4, 17 9:05 PM
I don't see any way other than uninstalling and reinstalling the game to restart the game or have a second player. Is there anything I'm missing?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 4, 17 9:18 PM
Welcome to the pond!

The only way to completely restart the game is to delete the saved game files from your appdata folder. Uninstalling won't do the trick because the saved game files are in a separate folder from the game. I posted how to do this in the tech issues thread. If you're on a Mac unfortunately I don't know what the equivalent of that filepath is on a Mac so you would have to ask someone who's familiar with the Mac platform to show you. The developer is aware of this glitch and is working on a patch the last I heard.

[Post New]by doyl022 on May 4, 17 9:41 PM
Thanks for the help and warning about trying uninstalling. Don't have a Mac, so I can follow the path you said. Much appreciated!

[Post New]by doyl022 on May 4, 17 9:47 PM
It worked. Thanks again so much.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 5, 17 5:30 AM
You're welcome

gilly85
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Fur Seal Footprint

[Post New]by gilly85 on May 7, 17 4:29 AM
Stuck of France again,
I can't find the Fur Seal Footprint nor the Fish in the Quests.
Can anyone help please??
I'm doing OK though, at level 120 and rolling

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 7, 17 6:54 AM
Hi gilly85, please see the spoiler alert thread where I posted the locations of these and all the other HOs. The two you mentioned are some of the trickiest ones to spot. If you don't want the game "ruined" by seeing where everything is, you can play through level 149 and the unfinished quests will just stay in your "to-do" list on the right. Then you can check the spoiler thread for whatever you haven't been able to locate at the end. BTW once you've completed all the quests, another of this game's glitches is that it permanently still shows a quest open so don't worry about that "1 quest remaining".

If you're running low on gold and looking for more coins, replay either level 30 or 45 over and over for another 30 coins each time (you don't have to play all the way through, just start the level and make a move or 2, it would give me the gold even for that when I clicked exit or restart).

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on May 23, 17 4:17 PM
Another game I was surprised to find available for MAC. But yet I know when I see SynthpopAddict in a forum helping people that while the first of the game seems easy the rest isn't so I'm not buying. And SynthpopAddict knows exactly the reason I don't want to get taken in by yet another game!

Many thanks to SynthpopAddict for providing such great help to all the gamers

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 23, 17 8:46 PM
Hi FreeBird01, sorry to hear you won't be buying the game, but at the same time you should know that this game and Pretty Snails don't have any player profile creation options, and the only way you can restart the game is to delete the saved game file from wherever it's stored (it's not with the actual game folder). On a PC several of us had figured out the filepath to do that, but nobody seems to know how to do it on a Mac. Penguin Rescue actually gets "broken" by a glitch if you don't know how to delete the saved game file. Happy gaming elsewhere

Go to: