Myran84
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

The policeman

[Post New]by Myran84 on Apr 14, 10 9:29 AM
Hi!

I've done everything you should do; talking about the first chapter.. I have six pictures and all the evidence but now I can't talk to the policeman about the evidence - is this a bug? It's reallllllllly frustrating!

Please reply if you had the same problem!

Thanx!

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Re:The policeman

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Apr 14, 10 9:49 AM
Welcome to the pond Myran84!

Have you gone close to the window yet? You might want to check and make sure that all the right steps were taken before trying to talk to the police. Here are some steps that may help.
SPOILER ALERT: highlight to see

After you talk to the inspector about the case, he will leave.Then go to the desk at far left corner of room. The cell phone will ring and it is the FBI boss.

Open the middle drawer of the desk and take the sheets of paper, the adhesive tape, the stapler and the plastic sleeves. There is a hidden button at right side of desk drawer to unlock the right drawer.

Now that the right drawer is unlocked you can get: pipe cleaning tool, matches, cotton wool and list of people renting the room.

Go back to the victim and then check the knocked over chair right of dancer.
Then, right click the shattered mirror behind the dancer, and then use camera on the dancer, which takes 2 pictures.

After taking a closer look at the dancer, you will notice there's a doll at her feet. Use a plastic sleeve on doll to get doll in evidence bag. You will then see a flash of the murderer and the dancer in the middle of the room.

Now examine the dancer's face. Then right click the hook that is holding her up. See crystals close to her mouth.

To collect the crystals, combine match and cotton wool to get swab of cotton.
Use swab of cotton on the crystals by her mouth to get dirty swab.
Use dirty swab on plastic sleeve to get swab with crystals in a plastic sleeve.
After putting the crystals in evidence, go close to window. Look close and see an open window at top and a lower window that has fingerprint.

Then exit the room and talk to the policeman.

Hope this helps!
bfgTigris

Myran84
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Myran84 on Apr 14, 10 10:09 AM
Yeah, I've done all that.. and then some.. I've even closed the window and gotten the number and everything.. But the last thing I have to do is talk to the officer sitting by the door about the evidence.. But he won't talk to me, it only says "end conversation".. and I don't know why that is.. I've found a walkthrough and fallowed it step by step.. but I still can't talk to the policeman by the door...

suziedog
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by suziedog on Apr 14, 10 10:18 AM
have u moved ur fingerprint onto one of the blank pieces of paper i had the same problem

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Apr 14, 10 10:19 AM
Hi Myran84,

It's possible that this could be a display issue. You may want to check for updates on your video card drivers and Direct X. Since Large Files games require more, the updates may help. Here is a link to our article with more information Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen.

I would also suggest contacting our Technical Support Team by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

bfgTigris

Edit- You may also want to try suziedog's suggestion. I haven't been able to play the game yet, so this may help as well!

Edited on 04/14/2010 at 10:21:33 AM PST

Myran84
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Myran84 on Apr 14, 10 10:28 AM
Suziedog: Yeah.. I've done that.. gonna try and see if it's the display settings or something.. cuz it's really frustrating when u get stuck like this!

Myran84
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Myran84 on Apr 14, 10 10:47 AM
Suziedog: Eh...guess I didn't DO that Thanx sooo much for your help!!!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Apr 15, 10 10:15 AM
I was having the same problem. Did you remember to pick up the plank? After I picked it up I was able to talk to the policeman and leave.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Apr 16, 10 7:18 AM
I had the same problem, I had all evidence (including print on paper) and unfortunately I even re-started the game and had to swallow the opening scene and the dialogues twice.
Still I can't get passed the police officer who won't even talk to me. Maybe it is a technical issue, but since it seems to be a relatively widespread problem and I have only 7 minutes ledt of the demo I will not even bother contacting customer service.
If someone does, could they share what feedback they got (in case similar things happen in the future with other games)?
Thanks

[Post New]by gabster12 on Apr 16, 10 9:46 AM
Hi i have taken 5 photos but i can,t find where to take the 6th! played the piano nothing happens! where is the plank people r talking about plz help

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Apr 16, 10 12:26 PM
How do you "move the fingerprint?"

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Apr 16, 10 12:30 PM
The plank is in between the piano and the body. Kinda straight out from the body. You pull it up with the pipe tool.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 17, 10 5:00 AM
You have to close the window first before you know which plank.

Fingerprint = graphite powder from broken pencil, adhesive tape, blank piece of paper.

NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

[Post New]by NouniSmile on Apr 17, 10 1:17 PM
gabster12 wrote:Hi i have taken 5 photos but i can,t find where to take the 6th! played the piano nothing happens! where is the plank people r talking about plz help

Welcome to the pond

Don't forget to take picture of the guest list. So you will have a total of 6 pictures.

Nouni

[Post New]by california212 on Apr 17, 10 2:55 PM
try putting the swab with the crysta in an evidence bag

floyddee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by floyddee on May 2, 10 4:25 PM
suziedog wrote:have u moved ur fingerprint onto one of the blank pieces of paper i had the same problem

this was the very thing keeping me trapped in the rehersal hall. THANKS FOR THE TIP!!!!

[Post New]by leenie_h on Jul 3, 10 11:09 PM
suziedog wrote:have u moved ur fingerprint onto one of the blank pieces of paper i had the same problem

This did the trick for me!Thanks!

[Post New]by Legypt on Dec 4, 13 5:21 PM
To get out you must have
Seven pictures (Two of body, one of plank, one of fingerprint, one of doll, and one of the cross on the window, one of guest list) all pictures of evidence must be taken AFTER you put it in plastic. The fingerprint needs to be placed on blank paper. Select camera and click it on top of collected evidence in your inventory. Everyone says six, because if you click on the camera he number above the camera says six, but its really seven. I think even though Nicole take two pics of the body, it only registers as one since you only click once for both pics.
You find the finger print on the window. Combine the stapler and pencil (ask the cop for it) to get crushed lead. Place lead powder on blank paper. Click paper with power on fingerprint. The use tape on fingerprint. Make sure you put it on blank paper, this is the only piece of evidence you don't put in plastic.
You find the cross by picking up dirty mop in main corridor next to door to rehersal hall. Click the broom once to remove mop head, click again to pick up your pole. Use it on open window.
The plank is in the middle of the room. The cross on the window will cast a cross shaped shadow on the floor. Click it. Use the tobacco pipe cleaner tool to pry plank up. Pick up with plastic found in middle desk drawer.
The desk on the left has two drawers. Open the middle one and take all items. Plress button on the inside right side of middle drawer. It unlocks drawer on far right. Take all items in drawer.
Don't forget to use cotton swab made out of matches and cotton to take evidence from girls mouth, and to take the doll at her feet. Put dirty cotton swab into plastic sheets you collected from middle drawer, and use plastic to pick up doll.
Make sure you right click on chair and shattered mirrors so Nicole makes observations, you read the documents in her folder on bottom right of screen, and you examine the fuse box and light switch in corridor next to door to dance hall.
You do nothing with the piano, tobacco, or pipe, even though question marks appear over them if you hit hint, its very misleading.

I think that's everything. I just got done spending two hours trying to get out of that room, and couldn't find a walkthrough that was detailed enough, or one complete forum post that gave details. Hope this helps!

Edited on 12/04/2013 at 5:25:02 PM PST

Go to: