moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

Leveling Up?

[Post New]by moonryu on Apr 12, 17 11:32 AM
Does anyone have any idea what 'leveling up' does?

As far a I can tell -- it does nothing.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

Re:Leveling Up?

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 12, 17 1:31 PM
Moonryu:

It's interesting that you ask that, as that was discussed briefly in another thread. The reason I say "interesting" is that we didn't know whether that had something to do with your "rank" status as far as unlocking bonus levels. All I know is that when you do a large combo, that message will come up.

Some of us completed the game with all 3 stars, but didn't have the last two ranks for the last two bonus levels. However, I just read a post from girlwonder who said she reinstalled the game and set up a new profile AND was able to complete the last two bonus levels. I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I will pay attention to the number beside the "trophy" symbol (top right), to see if that number changes when the "leveling up" appears.

The devs really wanted everyone to figure out things on your own! LOL

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Apr 14, 17 1:41 PM
I think I figured out how we're "supposed" to know when we level up - the bar that shows the number you have in a current combo has an arrow at the end, which apparently is the level up indicator. It doesn't tell you how many you need, but I guess you can at least get a clue by seeing how close you are to the arrow. If you're very close to the end of that bar, it would probably be good to use a joker or other booster to add to your combo to get to it. It's frustrating to get to the end and be told you can't play the last bonus game because you have to get to level 18 first. Not the clearest directions I've seen in a game, for sure.

OK, I've been paying attention while replaying with a new profile. The first few levels took fewer cards to make level up combos, but when I went to the original profile and tried replaying those, the combo count was up over 20 again. It appears that the combo necessary to level up increases with each level. That being the case, I decided to work on getting my levels as fast as I could, and managed to get to level 18 right after starting to upgrade the phoenix castle (3rd one, as I recall). In general, the easiest levels to get long combos on are the ones with jokers embedded in the layouts. I still had to use joker bonuses to get really long combos, but it works. Hope this helps someone.

Edited on 04/16/2017 at 1:40:54 PM PST

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Apr 18, 17 12:28 PM
Thank you for your comments.

Yes -- its the long combos which you really do need jokers for.

And as best as I can figure -- level up is your current level + 1

I was able to get up to level 22.

FYI Note: the best boost to get is jokers. They are cheap and in the long run they work better than anything else.

FYI Note #2: I always play a level the first time with no boosts, this will determine if they will be needed.

Go to: