Comments on game content

Comments on game content

[Post New]by WanderingPenguin on Apr 14, 10 6:53 PM
Racial slurs...have absolutely no place in a Big Fish game. Calling the policeman a "frog"? Seriously? Shame on you. 2 minutes in and we've deleted this game already. How disgusting.

Edited on 04/16/2010 at 9:37:09 AM PST

vkacademy
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

Re:Racial slurs...

[Post New]by vkacademy on Apr 14, 10 7:13 PM
French isn't a race.

[Post New]by WanderingPenguin on Apr 14, 10 8:06 PM
Oh, bahaha. That's a good one.

Calling a French person a "frog" is a racial slur. Thanks for the attempt at a semantics lesson, but you really missed the point. If you haven't anything constructive to add, please just try another thread. Thanks.

60schild
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by 60schild on Apr 14, 10 8:25 PM
Racial slurs...
by WanderingPenguin on Apr 14, 10 6:53 PM
...have absolutely no place in a Big Fish game. Calling the policeman a "frog"? Seriously? Shame on you. 2 minutes in and we've deleted this game already. How disgusting.
In all fairness, Big Fish DID put a warning on the game of the graphic content, so maybe you should have heeded that warning?

[Post New]by Gothicrose100 on Apr 14, 10 8:55 PM
I call my brother a toad.. not much difference.. when did this become a "racial slur" ?????

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on Apr 14, 10 9:15 PM
I'm not even French but I found the term "frog" offensive.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Apr 14, 10 9:26 PM
Oh no, the politically correct gang are even here at Big Fish? It's getting that way that soon nobody will be allowed to talk for fear of offending some delicate soul. I am at least half way through this game and haven't been offended once. Try looking further than your noses, it's a great game. Grow up.
ps. I didn't notice the frog remark.

wilkesy83
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by wilkesy83 on Apr 14, 10 10:21 PM
They use 'Yankee' further on in the game too!

Frog isn't so bad. It's like calling Americans 'Yankees', or Brits 'Limeys', or every Australian as 'Bruce' or 'Sheila' lol!

There are thousands of terrible racial slurs these days. I think people need to calm down a bit.

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on Apr 15, 10 3:01 AM
Someone please shoot me in the bloody head! Yes,there is a disclaimer.Yes,you should read it. They are there for a reason.Just like the stupid labels on music.So a bored housewife can complain over martinis.I'm not sorry but this is silly.

sbyrd
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by sbyrd on Apr 15, 10 7:40 AM
Puh-leese..this is just a game..I'm from the south and we are constantly referred to as "ignorant red-necks"..when did everyone start getting so offended over "words"??? If you don't like or are offended by the game than you did the right thing by deleting it. Personally I'm enjoying the game and hope to see more like it in the future..keep'em coming BF

Justine54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Justine54 on Apr 15, 10 8:54 AM
How about the French not cooperating with the FBI agent because she is a woman....HELO-O-O-O-O...!!! I'm Polish and a blonde' and proud of it, even I make jokes about myself. I do make dumb Pollock blonde' comments often. Everyone, no matter what race you are, has dumb moments? That's what's wrong with this world, everything is politically correct, no one has a sense of humor anymore. Well, I'd rather be a dumb blonde', Pollock and have friends and family that I can laugh, and joke with and be happy than be, shriveled up and, sexually frustrated. If you can't laugh at yourself then you must be very lonely.

gojojogo
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by gojojogo on Apr 15, 10 11:55 AM
The comment is xenophobic, not racial.
I would say I find the sexist comments more offensive, but then I am not French. Both speeches go towards building the characters. I would not choose to make either comments and I was surprised, but not upset as it does carry the 'graphic' warning.

NONONONONO
Manatee
Manatee
4,085 Posts

[Post New]by NONONONONO on Apr 15, 10 12:00 PM
LMFO@this entire thread.

geezing
Catfish
Catfish
1,722 Posts

[Post New]by geezing on Apr 15, 10 12:01 PM
A Mick here, what's all this fuss! There's a lady getting shot in the library and I keep freezing in the hotel lobby. There are more important matters to tend to

Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by Journey_1 on Apr 15, 10 12:17 PM
Geezzzzz....lighten up! Lol at this thread as well. You're way too uptight my friend. take it out elsewhere....I learned to. Try to be a little more thick skinned. We all have way bigger issues...

[Post New]by ghosttracker72 on Apr 15, 10 12:22 PM
NONONONONO wrote:LMFO@this entire thread.

You and me both! LMAO

[Post New]by ghosttracker72 on Apr 15, 10 12:23 PM
geezing wrote:A Mick here, what's all this fuss! There's a lady getting shot in the library and I keep freezing in the hotel lobby. There are more important matters to tend to

(giggle giggle laugh laugh) LMAO

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 15, 10 12:31 PM
i am a mutt and proud of all parts of me. 1 part of my ethnic background calls me human being (indian) does that mean i should get upset at the rest who call themselves that....no......its a game....just a game.......and we are being politically corrected to death....btw.....i am part french and take no offense, its a word...

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Apr 15, 10 12:44 PM
Hey Fishies,

I just want to pop in and remind everyone that this is a game forum for the game Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer. It's certainly okay to express your opinions about the game or frustrations with a game. Opinions can be heated in the game forums, especially when there is an explicit content warning, so let's stay on topic and address the subject matter of the game rather than specific users.

Happy gaming everyone,

-bfgZambezi

Edited on 04/15/2010 at 2:36:06 PM PST

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Apr 15, 10 12:46 PM
As one who once worked in law enforcement, now currently married to one in law enforcement, and a family with several members in law enforcement, I nor they take offense. It is a game! One thing a person learns real quick in law enforcement, is to grow thick skin. There are bigger issues in life to concern oneself with. Incidentally, this is a good game, but if some feel offended by it, then they should contact the actual game makers. For me, this is a silly conversation and I agree with another poster who stated we have become too politically correct. Don't private message me either, as I no longer read them or can get online in a timely manner to answer them. KEEP IT ON THE PUBLIC BOARDS.

Go to: