Anyone else having trouble loading this in Windows 7 32-BIT? :-/

[Post New]by The_Badfish on Apr 14, 10 7:06 PM
Hey Fishfans out there!

I was curious if anyone has had trouble loading this game in Windows 7 32-BIT? I played this game on my Windows XP laptop with no problem at all. The game launches properly in Windows 7, but then when you try to load either style game it doesn't actually load, instead the game window displays several different poses of his mom, could be his sister... either way. Now I'm not complaining about what happens, kinda funny really, but I do hope it's a correctable flaw. That way a simple mod for Windows 7 will improve the game and let us play. Haven't tried it in 'XP Mode' in Windows 7 yet... I'll post again to let you know how that goes. (if anyone even reads these! lol)

Anyone else? Holla Holla Playaz!

-The Badfish

Edited on 04/14/2010 at 7:10:53 PM PST

karolyneb
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,459 Posts

Re:Anyone else having trouble loading this in Windows 7 32-BIT? :-/

[Post New]by karolyneb on Apr 15, 10 12:53 AM
Interesting - I had no issues on Windows7 64 bit (but it was a fresh install and not an upgrade - I hear that sometimes makes a big difference).

Anyway, if compatibility mode still doesn't work, you might want to contact CS about it and see if they might have some ideas.

[Post New]by LiQuiD117 on Apr 15, 10 12:17 PM
hmmmmm oppposite for me, seems my windows 7 professional 64bit wont runt it either VERY glitchey loads great to the game select screen then, well, practically nothing.... ctrl-alt-delete to get out of it..... my wife is gutted!!

[Post New]by The_Badfish on Apr 15, 10 8:46 PM
Hmmmm interesting theory on the install variant for Windows 7. I have a Windows 7 Ultimate clean install, with a fully functional 'XP Mode' which is similar to the Microsoft Virtual Machine and VMWare. I'm going to download the game in that instance and see if it has any effect on the loading of the app. So far 1 yes and 1 no for 64-BIT Windows 7... I wonder if resolution has anything to do with it? I run an Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS at 1280 x 768 res... It would explain why it works on my XP laptop which can't beat 1024 x 768. If you lower your res on your computers and load the app does it suffer in the same way? I'm gonna give it a try...

Thanks for your help all!

Edited on 04/15/2010 at 9:31:50 PM PST

[Post New]by The_Badfish on Apr 15, 10 9:30 PM
Haha! Well XP Mode certainly didn't like running the app either. It claims 'Word Krispies encountered an error during initialization'. This doesn't really say much... I wasn't expecting XP Mode to be any different, but it was worth a shot none the less.

Screen resolution might still be to blame here.

I run all sorts of apps on this computer. Intel Core 2 Quad (Q9300), 4 GB dual-channel RAM, GeForce 8800 GTS, well maintained PC!. It doesn't have any trouble running World of Warcraft, Star Wars Empire at War, Star Trek Online all in full-specs and FAST! ...kinda stumped on why Word Krispies refuses to launch on this computer... but since I can play it fine on another computer, I might just give up the ghost on this one...

[Post New]by The_Badfish on Apr 16, 10 6:41 PM
Ok get this!

On a separate hard drive on this computer I have Windows XP Pro 32-BIT installed. I use it as a back-up OS. I booted to XP Pro, and installed Word Krispies, and sure enough, it loaded right away with no snag or hitch! Wassup'wit'dat!?!

I guess the simple answer is 'just play it in XP' since in both cases with XP this game works seamlessly! I think I may forward this issue to BFG-Tech to see if they can find a reason to this mystery.

Thanks for the input all!

[Post New]by LiQuiD117 on Apr 18, 10 9:55 AM
unlike my other games i dont have the tab in 'properties' of the .exe file to run it in XP mode..... any ideas? all my disk installed games like the new C&C, WoW, STO, all have the compatibility tab, this however does not..... any ideas how to change it into XP mode for this title guys??? my spec's are posted above.
thanks in advance!!

[Post New]by LiQuiD117 on Apr 18, 10 9:59 AM
LOL ooops my spec's in another post so ..... here is my specs

im on an i3 CORE, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, and 512Mb DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GPU. seems its a problem with moderate to high spec machines.... my crappy old laptop plays it just fine, BUT i hate it and my wife wants to play on my lappy not the crappy old one.

Go to: