jEMSW
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

Suggestion to the Developers

[Post New]by jEMSW on Apr 16, 17 9:39 PM
If you can't offer fairer odds, then perhaps you should dump the stupid puzzles. I think they are even more rigged than the Dice games (only play those when forced), but at least you can do them more quickly.

Get rid of the darn Eggs if that is your issue. I used to play on a fairly regular basis, but since it is no longer possible to win even the simplest items I stopped playing. I don't expect to win items every time, but after playing all 8 puzzle games 3 times & not winning anything, other than the coins I had decided to stop playing unless necessary. .

I hadn't played for about 7 days but thought that today, I'd check them out again. After selecting the bronze key, torch, & sign of the sign of the predator (the last was added as it gets rather tedious having to key in whatever I am trying to win every darn time) each time & playing 5 puzzle games, I won nothing other than the coins.

For myself, I can't think of any reason to continue playing unless I unless I am really desperate for coins. They are just not worth the effort.

I find it extremely monotonous repeatedly doing the same puzzles over, & over again, for no other gain. I know some players don't seem to mind, but there are others who feel the same way as I do!

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

Re:Suggestion to the Developers

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Apr 16, 17 11:32 PM

I do agree that it is very infuriating when you actually SEE the little glitch in the graphics that occurs PRECISELY when you click on a hand - then, lo and behold, the item is NOT in that chosen hand, but in the other!

A cynical person may even believe it's a 'tell'. But not a tell in your favour, rather a tell that something is fishy about this 'angelic' little boy.

Cheers,

Jenifer

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 17, 17 1:34 AM
I seem to have a bit of luck & generally win the diamonds and often a blood lotus, exectutioner's badge, sign of mercy or ice key. I have also won unique stamps and rare stamps and occasionally an egg.

I do tend to quit after the first offer to play again and never play if I have to use diamonds to do so.

A bit like playing the poker (slot) machines. I set a small stake, if I get enough coin to get the stake back, I take it and play on what is left.

As the adverts here say, do not bet more than you can afford to lose.

Edited to add. No one forces me to play the puzzles it is my own free choice to do so.
As for poker machines, that is once in a blue moon.

Edited on 04/17/2017 at 1:35:25 AM PST

rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

[Post New]by rbsworld on Apr 17, 17 1:42 AM
I like the puzzles then and now.. I was extremely lucky when they were first introduced. I don't mean to brag but I made some serious coins selling off my egg winnings. It also caused huge problems inventory wise due to the lack of HOS I was not doing. I don't know about your game but my MC game is a fickle one. I've literally gone days looking, begging and screaming for stamps needed to craft an item when my game decides to pack the odds against me. Why would I expect the puzzles, the wheel, Trina's machine or dice be anything except games of chance? Do I win an egg everytime, no...But I don't feel I wasted my time either. 50 coins in my favor is just one way I look at the puzzles with a half full view.

Have a good time in your castle.

RBsMom

[Post New]by nellakarisma on Apr 17, 17 1:42 AM

Edited on 04/17/2017 at 1:52:45 PM PST

Vstromval
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Vstromval on Apr 17, 17 4:51 AM
I seem to be fairly lucky with the puzzles - I often get the diamonds and the coins, rarely anything further, but did ONCE get all five prizes. I don't play them very often, finding them very tedious, as others have said!

LindaMS
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by LindaMS on Apr 17, 17 12:27 PM
The problem for me is the extreme down time.

First, you have to choose from scratch what you want every time.

Second, put the puzzle together.

Third, watch a fairly lengthy (for this game) animation where the puzzle urchin grabs the item, puts its hands behind its back, jiggles around and puts its hands back out. Repeat if you happen to win.

Lastly, it always exits completely out of the puzzle, and you have to go back in from scratch.

They need to seriously shorten the time it takes to do a puzzle round, and find a way to make it more rewarding.

Edited on 04/17/2017 at 12:28:18 PM PST

apmg
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by apmg on Apr 17, 17 12:34 PM
I agee that something needs to change, the puzzles are a waste of time unless you need coins. Dev's please sort something out so they are worth playing.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 17, 17 1:53 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your time and for posting your suggestions and feedback about the Puzzles feature in Midnight Castle. The Forum Moderation Team may be unable to provide in-game changes such as the ones suggested here, but we are absolutely able to provide these suggestions and this thread to the appropriate teams who can make those changes.

If there are changes made to the game with an update, a moderator will be certain to provide an announcement with that information for our players here.

Thank you for discussing this feedback with one another respectfully and if any other players have feedback, I hope that they are willing to provide it here. I've made sure this thread has been provided to the right teams, and they will have this information available when making future decisions about the game. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: