Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Mary Le Chef: Cooking Passion Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 18, 17 2:34 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/18/2017 at 9:14:31 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mary Le Chef: Cooking Passion Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 18, 17 9:14 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Mary le Chef: Cooking Passion Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Mary le Chef: Cooking Passion Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgIlinalta

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mary Le Chef: Cooking Passion Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by judy76073 on Apr 18, 17 4:49 PM
well, certainly not a whole lot of comments/reviews, etc. on this game. personally, I'm not into TM games, so was not interested in even trying it. will have to settle myself with 2 CE HOPA games per week, and replaying my old games, because the ones in between have been pretty lame lately (for me, anyway).

My apologies, BFG - I love your site and I only buy games from BFG, because I know your site is a trusted site and very rarely have any problems. But, disappointed that all I can get is 2 games a week now (Thursday & Saturday for new CE HOPA's) - I know you have to cater to everyone's favorites and it's gotta be tough putting out a new game everyday and hoping to meet some satisfaction & enjoyment from your members.

I do thank you for at least the 2 games a week that I can get and completely enjoy. Thanks again for your dedication to giving us members new games every day, even though they may not suit our individual wants.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Apr 19, 17 12:52 AM
I know what you mean judy . I used to be spoilt for choice , but these days with the exception of a few DD 's nothing takes my fancy .

[Post New]by AverageSizeFish on Apr 19, 17 8:03 AM
I really enjoy time management games but not the kind with restaurants and recipes and all the clicking. I wish Big Fish would use more descriptive categories because this kind of game is very different than the kind I like (Gardens, Inc series, Incredible Dracula, Northern Tales). I like the ones where you think up a strategy to beat the clock rather than this kind which is sort of a memory type game (remember recipes) and requires a lot of fast and constant clicking. It seems many of us have asked for more time management games. Unfortunately for me, Big Fish keeps serving up this kind and I dislike them so much I won't even bother to try them.

[Post New]by Glow66 on Apr 19, 17 8:50 AM
Mary Le Chef doesn't work! I downloaded this game, then erased and reloaded twice already and each time I got a long series of errors. The game starts but the minute I begin playing is the minute I start getting these errors, probably 20 or more of them. These errors appear as a long list on top of the game window and prevents me playing further. Even if I'm able to close the error window, I can only serve one or two customers at the most, then the errors start pouring in. Sometimes, the game freezes too. I have to ctrl/alt/delete to get out many times. I am on a PC and tried again and again but to no avail. The game still doesn't work!

So... what do we do?
Will this game be fixed or what?

[Post New]by juju555 on Apr 21, 17 11:39 AM
hi game keeps freezing also level 24 when the bottle vine runs out and she uses the phone nothing happens. not very happy lost 2 credits for this game.

[Post New]by franjan97 on Apr 21, 17 7:28 PM
I usually only play TM games and I loved the Emily series and most of the other spin-offs. I was disappointed with the English translation of the story line in Maggie's Movies but, up to now, I have had no problem running the games.

I can't see the boxes on level 5 and don't want to use 2 credits to buy a game that may have more problems further on. I will keep referring to the forum to see if there is a resolution for this problem but I won't be buying it just now.

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Apr 27, 17 5:09 PM
Although I dislike the Delicious series, I like the spin-offs. I was enjoying this one, which seems easier than the others (possibly because the darn mouse pops up in random places instead of being hidden so I can't see it at all), right up to the last bonus level, right before the final level. I can't figure out how to beat this one. It wants me to do everything right without any upgrades, and I've figured out that I need to clear tables right away so nobody comes in and goes off mad because there's no place for them, but it gets really busy and shuts the level down - I suppose because something was wrong, but I can't tell what because it covers everything up with the message. I'm frustrated!

Update - I did finally finish this level, even though I'm not quite sure what I did different. I do wish the developers would allow time to see what's wrong or make the "retry" message small enough that you could see what was wrong.

Edited on 04/29/2017 at 12:49:45 PM PST

[Post New]by furballva on Apr 29, 17 2:52 PM
I love this game, I hope there is going to be a sequel, no better yet I hope this becomes a new series like the delicious games. I would give this game 5 stars. The graphics, plot, character's are awesome

REVIEW for Mary Le Chef: Cooking Passion Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by sarahdrich on May 1, 17 12:18 AM
I'm a big fan of the Emily series and figured this would be very similar. Unfortunately, this particular game is ridiculously easy - even on the difficult setting. On several levels I scored almost 1,000 points beyond what was needed to get three stars. I kept thinking that maybe it would get more difficult, but after just finishing level 20 now it doesn't appear to be that way. I'm not sure if this was intentional - if so, I don't think it's a good thing for the game. The whole point of having difficulty levels is to cater to different levels of players. To be honest, I'd like to ask for a refund. I was expecting something much better based on all the other Emily games I've purchased in the past, and this was a real disappointment.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on May 5, 17 11:56 PM
I own every single Delicious (Emily) game AND every spin-off but this will be the first one I don't buy. It feels like the earliest Delicious games but not in a good way (those were still a lot of fun). It feels slow and awkward (especially the way people move). Half the time my clicks on the items don't take and I'm left with angry customers because everything is taking twice as long. I found the music annoying and stressful.
I was relieved when the demo was over. Nothing about this game made me feel the happiness I usually feel when playing a Delicious game (or even the spin-offs).
I was somewhat interested in the storyline and would have been curious to see where it went but I just couldn't get past how awful the gameplay was.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on May 17, 17 8:35 AM
Quite like this game, and as other reviewers have said, it is like the "Delicious" series. In some ways I like it better, as there is no annoying spoiled brat in it.
It is easier in some ways than the delicious series, but I like that, as delicious sometimes got hard quickly, and became a click-fest.
Down-side with this game, is that there are no instructions, so you have to work out where something is, or how to cook it, and sometimes it's not obvious.

Not a bad game, I bought it. Am enjoying it.

REVIEW for Mary Le Chef: Cooking Passion Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nellyandjohnny on May 28, 17 6:15 AM
sarahdrich wrote:I'm a big fan of the Emily series and figured this would be very similar. Unfortunately, this particular game is ridiculously easy - even on the difficult setting. On several levels I scored almost 1,000 points beyond what was needed to get three stars. I kept thinking that maybe it would get more difficult, but after just finishing level 20 now it doesn't appear to be that way. I'm not sure if this was intentional - if so, I don't think it's a good thing for the game. The whole point of having difficulty levels is to cater to different levels of players. To be honest, I'd like to ask for a refund. I was expecting something much better based on all the other Emily games I've purchased in the past, and this was a real disappointment.
I completely agree. A real shame because it was a cute story and could have been great but zero challenge at all. At one point I left my computer to shut a window, came back and still got 3 stars!! If you like a bit of a challenge I wouldn't bother. I checked to see if I was on expert at one point. Disappointed as I too love the Emily series and Fabulous was pretty good too!

[Post New]by peggymiller753 on Jun 16, 17 11:42 AM
bfgIlinalta wrote:Howdy Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Mary le Chef: Cooking Passion Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Mary le Chef: Cooking Passion Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our <a href="https://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page">Forum Rules</a> and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: