bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Hidden Wonders of the Depths 3: Atlantis

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 15, 10 2:18 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Hidden Wonders of the Depths 3: Atlantis ? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Hidden Wonders of the Depths 3: Atlantis

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Apr 15, 10 4:30 AM
I played this game for about 10min., but had to shut it off because it was so bad.

tarbarme
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by tarbarme on Apr 15, 10 4:33 AM
I beta tested this one and hated the level with the group tiles. This one still has it and unstalled it when I got to that level. I would have gotten this game if that level was gone. oh well.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 15, 10 5:41 AM
I betatested this game also and loved it! It has timer/no timer option, what I really like. Its similar to part 2 but even better! I highly recommend this game to all match 3 lovers. I will buy it and have waited especially for this game since the beta test!

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 15, 10 6:12 AM
Hi, Eisteepfirsich, How are you? I am glad to hear you liked it as well, Take Care TMann

ducle
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

[Post New]by ducle on Apr 15, 10 6:35 AM
Do not want. It's a shame, if it were just swap, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. But I don't like the other levels (esp. group).

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 15, 10 6:46 AM
TerryMann wrote:Hi, Eisteepfirsich, How are you? I am glad to hear you liked it as well, Take Care TMann

Thanks Terry, I am very fine today. I wish you a great day! Happy Gaming

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 15, 10 6:52 AM
Match 3 is not my favourite genre, but I do like and own some match 3 games so gave this a try since it seems a popular series.
Unfotunatley I did not find this game fun at all- I thought I might like the crab pathing-but no- I found it annoying for some reason.

This game is not for me

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Apr 15, 10 7:32 AM
I love Hidden Wonders 2 and the Group Game is my favorite. I've played Hidden Wonders 2 over and over and never get tired of it. I'm so excited to see a new version!

Okay, I've played it for 35 minutes and I have to admit I'm disappointed. The gaming area is smaller. I don't like that, especially with my small monitor. However, I did enjoy playing a mini game that was not on Hidden Wonders 2. Maybe there will be more nice surprises as I play it longer. I'm buying it.

Edited on 04/15/2010 at 8:38:57 AM PST

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Apr 15, 10 8:13 AM
I love this series. I have the other two HW games and will be getting this one also. I particularly like that you can play untimed. The graphcis aren't as crisp and clean as I would prefer. That could just be my monitor settings though. I love underwater games also. The different game levels make it more interesting to play so even though I have some types I really enjoy more than other types, the variety is good.

It appears that this too will be a long game - 5 city sections with 4 builds in each one. I played to level 9 and have only built one of the builds offered of the first city section. If you enjoyed the first two Hidden Wonders, then this one should also be a must have.

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Apr 15, 10 8:42 AM
I was sorely disappointed with this one. I absolutely loved the first two Hidden Wonders games---great to play a couple of rounds each night to relax after work. But I guess I assume that every incarnation/version of a game means new challenges and variations. Not this one though. Other than the fact that the graphics quality actually seems to have gone down a degree, or at least lost some of it's color detail--this game is exactly like Hidden Wonders 2. Same games, same construct of puzzles, same board design. Even the part I liked best of II, the one where you have a largely empty board with icons that appear and grow with each move to block your path, was scaled down. It's as though this is simply a collection of user generated puzzles released as a set under a "new release" veil.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Apr 15, 10 9:27 AM
I can't imagine why so many fishes are disappointed. I think it's an excellent remake of HWD 2, with just a few differences, but no loss of what I liked about the earlier version. The graphics are very nice with a deep color to match the underwater theme. I like collecting the "artifacts" that give you an imaginitive way to clear the crab's path. And what's not to like about being able to chooser timerless play and skip any mini-games you don't like? I'll call this one Lisa-approved with my maximum .

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Apr 15, 10 9:31 AM
I betatested this game. Did they fix the sound problem yet ? ( in-game music)

Edited on 04/15/2010 at 9:31:30 AM PST

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 15, 10 10:06 AM
ecblisa wrote:I can't imagine why so many fishes are disappointed. I think it's an excellent remake of HWD 2, with just a few differences, but no loss of what I liked about the earlier version. The graphics are very nice with a deep color to match the underwater theme. I like collecting the "artifacts" that give you an imaginitive way to clear the crab's path. And what's not to like about being able to chooser timerless play and skip any mini-games you don't like? I'll call this one Lisa-approved with my maximum .
To: ecblisa I totally agree with you, this game is great and so are the graphics and like you said, "just a few differences." I am glad you enjoyed the game and the earlier version as well. As Always...Happy Gaming!!! TMann

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 15, 10 10:26 AM
i never really played the earlier versions of this game... just a casual trial of the first one, i think... i really like the crab - remember him the most from my earlier excursion... when he puts on his shades and starts dancing really cracks me up! so, i was a little skeptical about trying this one with so many veterans disliking the twists the game has taken... have to say, though, i really like it! the music is quirky, the crab is oh so much fun, and the little twists put a little extra spin on an otherwise just-like-every-other M3 game... the group levels are similar to the puzzles in the Big City Adventure games, so i have that down... a little hidden object, again no problem... putting together puzzles - the mosaic - is also something i like *sprinkled* in a game... all in all, i think i like the game for its differences - for all the reasons so many others don't... this is SO me...

happy gaming

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Apr 15, 10 10:50 AM
I love to play all genres of games because of the variety, rather than just sticking to one particular genre. I love HOG, IHOG, TM, and Match3.
I did not buy the first 2 versions of this game but I tried this HWD3:Atlantis and love it for its different types of gameplay and also for the antics of that funny crab, and the fact that it has an untimed version. I had fun playing it and will be buying it.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 15, 10 10:55 AM
barregar wrote: ...but I tried this HWD3:Atlantis and love it for its different types of gameplay and also for the antics of that funny crab, and the fact that it has an untimed version. I had fun playing it and will be buying it.

yay! me, too! so glad... it will make a great addition to any game collection!

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 15, 10 11:25 AM
To: ember89 Love those colors and the beak!!! TMann

Edited on 04/15/2010 at 11:26:04 AM PST

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Apr 15, 10 12:25 PM
I did the beta on this too and while it looks like they have made a few changes, the things I noticed the most are still there.

For example, how slowly the new tiles move into place. I played on timed mode, as I have on every other M3 I've every played. And right from the beginning I found myself waiting for tiles to fall so I could move the crab on his way. If you are going to put a timer on a game, you have to make the tiles move quickly enough that you can actually succeed. I'm very good at M3 games and I ran out of time on Level 12 or 13 and had to replay it. I've never, NEVER, had that happen until right at the end of a really tough M3 game. And it was all because I had to sit and wait for tiles to fall. (and I have a very fast computer, BTW)

Secondly, I wasn't impressed with only getting one fish at a time. There is no part of the ocean that would be so devoid of fish life and while obviously this game isn't based on the real ocean, part of what I love about other "fishy" games is actually watching the fish. Watching one or two is dull. Watching a lot of them is more interesting.

I also agree with those who didn't like the "group" levels. These aren't well done, IMO. You really need a larger board to make these fun. There was almost no opportunity to set up large groups that explode all at once, which is really the best part of this type of matching game.

And I am still disappointed in the hidden object levels. These are ridiculously simple, even as a bonus in a M3 game.

I guess what bothered me most was the missed opportunities here. The chance to really improve on this series of games. To increase the fun and challenge (if you want it) and to offer something new and interesting.

It's same old, same old, as far as I'm concerned. I'm glad for those that like it but for me, it's a no-sale.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Apr 15, 10 12:54 PM
I'm afraid I have to vote with the majority this time. This game is ANNOYING! Its not just the music, or the crab or the game play it is a combination of the whole!! I do like match 3's & own several (Fishdom & Cradle of Rome & Collossus) but this one is a definite NO BUY for me. Sorry

Go to: