Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

Help! Amber overload!

[Post New]by Elinu on Apr 18, 17 3:03 PM
I am totally frustrated with the game right now. I have reached level 125(+) and I have maxed out my storage at 1000. I have a lovely stash of 150 foundation and 200 normal castle bricks and 75 amber balls that I worked and scrounged and saved for, and I have no castle update to put them on. I have achieved my imaginary goal of 500,000 coins. And I'm stuck.
I am happy that I finally reached max, and I no longer have to figure out how to save enough space for the 100+ crates needed to increase my storage by 10. That needs to be fixed, but I won't have that problem again unless they increase the max player standard. Anyway, I digress.
The only thing to work on now is upgrading all my fountains, and I enjoy the project. The problem is, I get a bunch of amber I don't need, and I have to dump it to even pick up the element balls. All of my friends are pretty much in the same boat. I don't need money, and no one I know needs bricks, so I don't bother to make them anymore - I just upgrade what I have to dump, and what's the use? I just have to wait for Peter Panda to clear them out. As near as I can tell, since you can't request them, they just go to waste - amber, basalt (which is fortunately no more!), bricks, grown-up alluring amber - all sold for nothing and to no one.

I thought they had a wonderful thing going with the cursed amber, which was initially not counted against the inventory total. Yeah! Finally a way to keep some of the amber I 'earned' in the underwater challenges. But then they changed it on me - now it counts against my 1000 and I can't even sell it! Apparently, know have to go through the work of converting the cursed stuff to normal amber before I can dump it?

Is this a glitch? Are they really going to make it impossible for high level players to even do the underwater challenges? I like having complicated things in reserve so I can fill balloons quickly. Is that not the point of books and berry pies and such? So that it is possible to actually fill the orders without starting from scratch all the time?

Anyway, advice needed. If they can't fix the cursed item/inventory count problem, I will have to just quit for a while. Anyone interested in following Elinu and watching her sell her entire inventory of 'real' objects, one at a time?

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

Re:Help! Amber overload!

[Post New]by Elinu on Apr 18, 17 3:08 PM
That was entirely too wordy a rant - sorry about that.

My inventory is perpetually full, and I am having trouble doing underwater quests because - even when I dump amber, or bricks - I can't dump the cursed amber.

At first, I thought this was gonna be a great thing, like rune stones not counting against inventory, and it would allow me to earn a little 'junior amber' without it crowding out all the pies and books and stuff I made and collected. But now I have over 100 of the dang things, and they count against the total, and I can't even sell them. It's a little hard to convince myself to go through the hassle of converting these to amber and dumping them so I can play underwater and upgrade my fountains.

Any ideas? Is this just a glitch I could correct?

Edited on 04/18/2017 at 3:08:59 PM PST

Lambina
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 18, 17 4:50 PM
It's not a glitch and you have to decurse the amber to either use or sell. I stopped diving until the elusive update comes because the market is over loaded with amber as it is now and I figure there will be plenty of time to get the fountain upgrade award later as the diving resumes to move forward with the palace if we ever get the freaking update to move forward.

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

[Post New]by Elinu on Apr 18, 17 7:54 PM
Darn. I guess I will decurse and purge, and maybe stock up on green and blue runes via ballon for a bit. I will miss the building though.i hope we get that castle soon!

5 in queue, 112 to go, and a pile on the diving stand I can't even pick up.

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

[Post New]by Elinu on Apr 18, 17 8:05 PM
It reminds mea little of the snowflake crisis, but that only took a day to fix.

judy1689
Herring
Herring
353 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Apr 19, 17 8:58 AM
Turn them into magic bricks and sell them. You get a hefty price for them and it helps others finish their palaces.

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

[Post New]by Elinu on Apr 19, 17 9:36 AM
My bricks always end up going to fakes - emerald island, stranger, etc. how can I even get them to players?

I have 200 bricks in storage, and 500K in the bank. I also have 8 alluring amber 'stored' on the machine, and they would fill more inventory.

Any ideas on how to get my bricks to real players?
Give up friends and add active newbies? I'm not sure I'm quite that charitable.

Edited on 04/19/2017 at 9:38:18 AM PST

Lambina
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 19, 17 9:43 AM
When you put the bricks in your market send out a call for help to attract followers to your island so they can buy it before the bots. Also you don't need to clear your diving platform if storage is a problem, the amber can sit there until needed.

pooky43
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Help! Amber overload!

[Post New]by pooky43 on Apr 20, 17 9:56 AM
Elinu wrote:I am totally frustrated with the game right now. I have reached level 125(+) and I have maxed out my storage at 1000. I have a lovely stash of 150 foundation and 200 normal castle bricks and 75 amber balls that I worked and scrounged and saved for, and I have no castle update to put them on. I have achieved my imaginary goal of 500,000 coins. And I'm stuck.
I am happy that I finally reached max, and I no longer have to figure out how to save enough space for the 100+ crates needed to increase my storage by 10. That needs to be fixed, but I won't have that problem again unless they increase the max player standard. Anyway, I digress.
The only thing to work on now is upgrading all my fountains, and I enjoy the project. The problem is, I get a bunch of amber I don't need, and I have to dump it to even pick up the element balls. All of my friends are pretty much in the same boat. I don't need money, and no one I know needs bricks, so I don't bother to make them anymore - I just upgrade what I have to dump, and what's the use? I just have to wait for Peter Panda to clear them out. As near as I can tell, since you can't request them, they just go to waste - amber, basalt (which is fortunately no more!), bricks, grown-up alluring amber - all sold for nothing and to no one.

I thought they had a wonderful thing going with the cursed amber, which was initially not counted against the inventory total. Yeah! Finally a way to keep some of the amber I 'earned' in the underwater challenges. But then they changed it on me - now it counts against my 1000 and I can't even sell it! Apparently, know have to go through the work of converting the cursed stuff to normal amber before I can dump it?

Is this a glitch? Are they really going to make it impossible for high level players to even do the underwater challenges? I like having complicated things in reserve so I can fill balloons quickly. Is that not the point of books and berry pies and such? So that it is possible to actually fill the orders without starting from scratch all the time?

Anyway, advice needed. If they can't fix the cursed item/inventory count problem, I will have to just quit for a while. Anyone interested in following Elinu and watching her sell her entire inventory of 'real' objects, one at a time?
try selling them someone will buy them you just cant sell the cursed ones but turn them in to amber and sell them

pooky43
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by pooky43 on Apr 20, 17 10:57 PM
Lambina wrote:When you put the bricks in your market send out a call for help to attract followers to your island so they can buy it before the bots. Also you don't need to clear your diving platform if storage is a problem, the amber can sit there until needed.
that's what I do I leave it there even if he gets an ! on his head lol

pooky43
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by pooky43 on Apr 20, 17 10:58 PM
Elinu wrote:My bricks always end up going to fakes - emerald island, stranger, etc. how can I even get them to players?

I have 200 bricks in storage, and 500K in the bank. I also have 8 alluring amber 'stored' on the machine, and they would fill more inventory.

Any ideas on how to get my bricks to real players?
Give up friends and add active newbies? I'm not sure I'm quite that charitable.
like they said sell them and call for help it usually works

mms1
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by mms1 on Apr 21, 17 7:11 PM
call for help does not work if you are not playing on the same platform. Seems some do not get directed as I do to the help button and go directly to just raiding my market. Trying different times to put things in the market to avoid the raiders. If I time it right then the lower level players get the items they need. Why bother saying you are playing the game if all you do is raid the other players markets. You add nothing to the game and you take things away from the friends and players in the market you raided. Tired of spending my time avoiding the ones that use other players to appear like they are "playing" instead of "using". Update soon or I am done.

[Post New]by ky_murph on Apr 21, 17 11:00 PM
What makes the difference who buys it if you can sell it and get the inventory space? Isn't that your original complaint here??? The lack of space because you haven't been working the cursed items all along? Every item processes into something else, shouldn't sit on ANYTHING.

Go to: