orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

How does one gift 15 times a day?

[Post New]by orchidna on Apr 19, 17 12:47 PM
I just noticed that some people have mentioned gifting friends 15 times a day ... HOW?

I can still only gift 5 times. I'm around level 63 or so, I can't check for sure as I cannot get into the game ever since the Windows 10 update a few days ago. Is gifting 15 times a day something that comes with a higher level?

Thanks for any answer.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

Re:How does one gift 15 times a day?

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Apr 19, 17 1:01 PM
It is 5 friends at a time, every 8 hours.

(once per day, same friend)

This will all depend on your time zone.

Your new day starts at midnight GMT.

[Post New]by ladydia012816 on Apr 19, 17 1:02 PM
Orchid,

You have the ability to gift three times a day. Five friends each time you gift. Depending on where you are will determine the times of day you can gift. I am in Central Florida and my times are 12 PM, 8 PM and 8 AM.

Hope this helps.

Have a great day and fun in the Castle.

Lady Dia,

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Apr 19, 17 1:04 PM
Btw, I hope you sent in a help request via customer support.
(and reply to every email they send, even the first one that is automated!)

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Apr 19, 17 1:11 PM
Ah, thanks, both of you. I guess I always tried again before 8 hours had passed. Now, I know. Thanks!

susiewastaken, yes, I contacted CS and included a Dr Felix report. They have replied twice, and I replied back each time, trying to help them with a problem that is affecting a number of people. I also can't load Found, which is by the same game maker, I think. Every other game I've tried to open has worked just fine, so I'm wondering what the Win10 update changed that seems to only affect that company's games, LOL

[Post New]by BlueBird__101 on Apr 19, 17 1:12 PM
Hi, orchid. Windows 10 update. Can tell you what to do. Had the same problem. Launch the BF app. go to setting and do a manual download. Remember to set it back later so you can get the auto's. Hope this fixes you problem. Have a "GREAT" day in game and in life. My name in game is BlueBird.

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Apr 19, 17 1:21 PM
BlueBird__101 wrote:Hi, orchid. Windows 10 update. Can tell you what to do. Had the same problem. Launch the BF app. go to setting and do a manual download. Remember to set it back later so you can get the auto's. Hope this fixes you problem. Have a "GREAT" day in game and in life. My name in game is BlueBird.

Thanks for trying to help. However, I'm afraid to try to re-download the game, as I've seen others post that doing so completely lost their game. And someone else posted that, after doing so, the game still wouldn't load. " I be chicken" in that I don't want to lose the game I've played for years.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Apr 19, 17 1:29 PM
Glad you have had responses from customer support.

To be clear, it isn't gifting 8 hours later exactly..it is a block of time.

For example, today I gifted 5 about 9:30 and 5 more just after 10am.
(am in usa mountain time zone)
and my gifting times are:
6pm - 1:59 am
2am - 9:59am
10am - 5:59 pm

(oh, and when daylight savings comes and goes...there is another adjustment!)

Am juggling over 130 friends...some are more active than others...some just have spring room open with no wish list....some are newer players who need extra help...some are actively swapping event items...some seem to be on a loooong break from the game, but I watch for their return.
It is really fun trying to help other players, and every gift is a welcome surprise.

While I do keep track of gifting, if I stressed over being 100% "fair" ...I would probably have only a dozen friends. (and real life DOES hamper the ability to be at the pc every gifting slot, too...)

So, best of luck getting your game restored soon, and you will soon figure-out your own gifting times.

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 19, 17 2:00 PM
orchidna wrote:
BlueBird__101 wrote:Hi, orchid. Windows 10 update. Can tell you what to do. Had the same problem. Launch the BF app. go to setting and do a manual download. Remember to set it back later so you can get the auto's. Hope this fixes you problem. Have a "GREAT" day in game and in life. My name in game is BlueBird.

Thanks for trying to help. However, I'm afraid to try to re-download the game, as I've seen others post that doing so completely lost their game. And someone else posted that, after doing so, the game still wouldn't load. " I be chicken" in that I don't want to lose the game I've played for years.

And, just a little reminder--If you do decide to try to re-download the game, make sure you first have a list of your friends and the ID numbers because that's the only thing customer support can't restore if something does go awry.

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Apr 19, 17 3:57 PM
I am Pacific Time (US & Canada) and I used to be able to gift at 8:00am / 4:00pm / 12:00 midnight. After I took a break for 1 week and came back to find the Spring Event had started, it seems like my times have changed. It is 3:54 here right now and I am going to see if I can gift at 4:00pm again.

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Apr 19, 17 4:25 PM
Shawkn wrote:I am Pacific Time (US & Canada) and I used to be able to gift at 8:00am / 4:00pm / 12:00 midnight. After I took a break for 1 week and came back to find the Spring Event had started, it seems like my times have changed. It is 3:54 here right now and I am going to see if I can gift at 4:00pm again.

Nope...Couldn't gift at 4:00PM. Will try again later.

Go to: