Am I the only one who doesn't play dice?

[Post New]by Thewerecatqueen on Apr 19, 17 2:12 PM
I'm around level 32 and I have never played dice once. Why?

1. I hate gambling

2. I've heard stories of people losing 95 percent of the time

3. The avatars aren't worth it...except maybe the frog witch

4.I'm at the point where every coin counts...and playing dice would probably be a bad idea

Now don't get me wrong...the dice game is a good concept, but It's just not for me. I'd rather test my luck on the fortune wheel

Re:Am I the only one who doesn't play dice?

[Post New]by blankslate61 on Apr 19, 17 2:20 PM
I used to play when you could win an item vs. coins. Now I only play if daily quest I am working on requires it. I always play for only 100 coins. I have plenty of coins,I want the items more. Of course in our 30 day challenge we are going to have to play several times if we want to meet the challenge.

susielee
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by susielee on Apr 19, 17 2:28 PM
The only time I've ever played is when the Castle Challenge requires it . I'm on level 76. Don't like losing my coins.

apmg
Minnow
Minnow
276 Posts

[Post New]by apmg on Apr 19, 17 2:30 PM
I rarely play dice to me its just a waste of coins

The odds need fixing to make it worth playing in my opinion.

Come Devs help us out here please

Ann

Annelliegram
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,250 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 19, 17 2:49 PM
The Dice Table used to be a fun place to go.....on opening, sometimes you would see some delicious item to play for.....including an occasional egg with the Dragon.....but, when they changed the format for the Dice Table in preparation for the Castle Challenges (where you now only see an item relative to a character quest -- and only then if you have zero in inventory -- otherwise you only see coins for which to play)......

when they changed the Dice Table...I quit playing it at all (except when a DQ or Castle Challenge requires it).

[Post New]by BlueBird__101 on Apr 19, 17 2:58 PM
Hi, everyone. Thanks for the info. I been losing my A** playing it. Anabell hates me. Will not give up that avatar. Been playing if I need something and I waiting on HOS to time out. I need my coins too bad to play now.

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,974 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 19, 17 3:07 PM
Nope, I don't like playing dice, or gambling in general, either. So I only do if I'm being coerced by the CC or a particularly easy DQ.

I'm dreading tonight's match with the Knight, but having to beat Russle 5 times so near to the end is the one I'm REALLY dreading!

Good luck to us!

Annelliegram
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,250 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 19, 17 3:09 PM
BlueBird__101 wrote:Hi, everyone. Thanks for the info. I been losing my A** playing it. Anabell hates me. Will not give up that avatar. Been playing if I need something and I waiting on HOS to time out. I need my coins too bad to play now.

Suggestion: I have all my puzzles completed.....there are 8 of them in total.....that is 400 coins guaranteed every 5 hours because I will win/get the 50 coins whether I win anything else or not.

Soooo..... Play Anabel ..... If you lose all 3x.....you have lost 300 coins maximum....
Play the puzzles......take your 400 coins......
Play the puzzles again 5 hours later.....take your 400 coins....

You now have 800 coins to use to try to beat a player at dice because the dice table takes 12 hours to cooldown.....win / win / win.

[Post New]by blankslate61 on Apr 19, 17 4:25 PM
Nice positive spin

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Apr 19, 17 4:45 PM
Desertdruid wrote:Nope, I don't like playing dice, or gambling in general, either. So I only do if I'm being coerced by the CC or a particularly easy DQ.

I'm dreading tonight's match with the Knight, but having to beat Russle 5 times so near to the end is the one I'm REALLY dreading!

Good luck to us!

This says it all to me! I hated to play any of the gambling games, even the wheel (rewards rarely justify expense), but the DQs and CCs make it compulsory. Which I REALLY hate!! (Hey, kids play here, devs!!)

The worst, odds-wise, though, is the puzzles guessing game. Before the update, it was the most lucrative game in town, and I cashed in big time! Lucky I did, because now I can't even get a 50/50 chance on the gems.

mamarose1900
Catfish
Catfish
1,658 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Apr 19, 17 6:03 PM
Once I acquire Rusty the Troll's avatar, I will play a lot less dice. But...I do want that moose. I think I need 6 or 7 more double sixes. But after that...I plan to play for DQs and Castle Challenges only.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 19, 17 6:28 PM
I want that moose too!! But, I haven't rolled a double six since I don't know when!! Then I see others who rolled them twice in a row tonight! **sigh**

Astra02
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
413 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Apr 19, 17 6:34 PM
All,

Like many of you, I played the dice game until I finished all the related achievements, but now only play when required by a DQ or CC. I don't mind gambling per se, but I DO mind when I have to worry about my coin total.

Astra

shkspr2012
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by shkspr2012 on Apr 19, 17 7:12 PM
I also only play now for DQs and only bet against Annabel but I did enjoy the challenge of playing against the others. I tried to figure out which would be a more likely "foe" -as in, only the most fierce avatar against the troll-he ate sweet little girls for dinner-no luck with them.
eve

Edited on 04/19/2017 at 7:14:13 PM PST

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Apr 20, 17 8:57 AM
I don't play the dice table either unless required to do so. The only achievement I wanted was the one where you win items playing dice. And that was started eons ago for me when items were still available on the table. I was 3 or so away from getting the achievement when the rules of the dice table changed. Had to wait a long time for a level update in order for new items to appear at the table, and guess what, I forgot all about playing it! Finally remembered to get the achievement with this last update.

I just don't like the dice, or the DQs or Trina. I don't want to play the rounds just to satisfy those side quests or get the achievements. I applaud everyone who does, but they're just not my thing. Been here from the beginning and really can feel my interest waning.

AuntieRoo
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 20, 17 10:43 AM
I spent last May to Fall Event doing the rounds,building up coins & inventory not realising that unless I dispose of all my items I'll never get the Lucky One achievement.Quite depressing really....I expect I'll just have to ignore that one.As I don't like gambling I'm not that fussed about it.

Astra02
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
413 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Apr 20, 17 12:20 PM
not realising that unless I dispose of all my items I'll never get the Lucky One achievement.

AuntieRoo,

You can still get Lucky One. However, you will have to wait until the next storyline update which adds new items. Wait until you have a character request a new item you do not already own. That item should then appear as an option on the dice game.

The hard part is remembering to NOT play through any new update until you finish the achievement!

Astra

AuntieRoo
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 20, 17 12:57 PM
Astra02; Yes I realised that on the last update,sadly too late.My mind was distracted by the then impending Spring Event.
I must stop thinking about the bunnies,I must stop thinking about the bunnies,I must stop thinking about the bunnies.Oops I think you get the picture.

ladydaa
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by ladydaa on Apr 20, 17 1:31 PM
I did not play dice in the early levels. Coins were hoarded to level up. But now, at level 76 (with discretionary coin) I do play often.

I roll the dice to:

Fulfill Daily Quest/Castle Challenge

Get items needed when offered

Fulfill Achievements

HennyMarie
Clownfish
Clownfish
656 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Apr 20, 17 2:06 PM
I finished the achievements for dice game some time ago.. now I only play when asked.. normally I play Anabel, but I dont mind playing the others for the challenge.

I have plenty of coins.. so no worry there.

Go to: