Player 81725 on PC

Player 81725 on PC

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Apr 19, 17 7:56 PM
I have a new friend that I didn't invite. At least I don't think I did. They have no avatar, ID 81725 named Player. I know friends change their name, but this is an veteran player number only 5 digits, and it wasn't there until today. When I went to the Spring Terraces which are in numerical order it was there. There is nothing in his/her egg album either, but the Christmas cat is displayed.

If you are he/she, or if anyone knows who this is, please let me know.

Re:Player 81725 on PC

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 19, 17 8:49 PM
Hmmm.......I have about 130 friends, some with 4 and 5 digit numbers. But, I don't have this one. Sorry!

SA__
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by SA__ on Apr 20, 17 1:34 AM
Very strange I went from my usual 72 friends to 74 friends overnight without inviting or accepting anyone new.

One of the new uninvited players is 81725 with no name or avatar. I can't work out who the other extra player is as all the names are familiar to me and must be someone who has just popped back in that previously dropped me.

Another strange thing that happened at the same time is that Val has now gone back to level 7.

I am rather worried that there are instabilities around that may cause problems in the not to distant future. Unsure if I should delete 81725 or just leave untouched and play without touching them at all for the moment .

Suggestions please anyone?

Thanks,
Sa

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Apr 20, 17 4:07 AM
Now I too have a second uninvited friend appearing overnight. But like you SA__, all friends names I recognize so I can't figure out who is new. As addictive as MC is, I know I didn't invite anyone in my sleep! And Player 81725, level 74 is still there.

Edited to add: My game name is Cookie. Maybe I am new on someone else's game?

Edited on 04/20/2017 at 6:07:43 AM PST

Annelliegram
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,241 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 20, 17 8:26 AM
I hope I don't get this elusive player added to my game.....

But......I have made a practice a long time ago to not accept the invite of anyone who is just named "player"......and especially one who is on Level 74 with only the mannequin as an avatar!

margboul
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by margboul on Apr 20, 17 8:41 AM
I have no idea if this could be the cause but those PC players who got the win10 creative update cannot get into the game. These could be maybe our phantoms (lol) or testers trying to figure why we can't log in. M

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Apr 20, 17 8:45 AM
margboul wrote:I have no idea if this could be the cause but those PC players who got the win10 creative update cannot get into the game. These could be maybe our phantoms (lol) or testers trying to figure why we can't log in. M

Interesting idea, but they could at least ask or make an announcement. They should know we freak out when something wonky goes on

susiewastaken
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Apr 20, 17 9:25 AM
SA__ wrote:

Another strange thing that happened at the same time is that Val has now gone back to level 7.

Info on val's game here:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/907063.page#6777242

(they are working to restore her game and she must have played enough last night to get up to level 7.)

Btw, I don't have this mystery player with number 81725...so it can't have anything to do with val's game.

SA__
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by SA__ on Apr 20, 17 9:52 AM
Hi Annelliegram,
)
Like you given the chance I wouldn't have accepted anyone showing Player and no avatar regardless of their level. Unfortunately I wasn't given the option, when I went into my game this morning my friends had gone up from 72 (8 pages) to 74 and 2 extra players appeared in the list without me doing anything. I usually keep to the same number of friends only adding more when someone stops playing as this is the amount I feel comfortable with.

I still have a friends request in the 'waiting to be added box' and one in the deleted box as they 'lost' their original game and let me know their new number. I tend to operate a 1out, 1in type of game. The 2 I am querying came from nowhere whilst my game was closed down!!! Not very happy about that I must say.

Should I leave well alone or delete do you think?

Thanks,
Sa

jakeybubby
Clownfish
Clownfish
508 Posts

[Post New]by jakeybubby on Apr 20, 17 10:09 AM
I also noticed this player with ID #81725 lvl 74 in my game. I looked through my hand written list for friends and ID#s and found that this players name is Karen. We are not regular gifting friends though. If you have written down your friends and their numbers see if you have Karen.

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 20, 17 10:29 AM
Hi GulfCoastGuppy--Your icon shows red in my friends list the last two days. I wonder if that happened as a result of your uninvited friend, which I do not have, thank goodness.

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Apr 20, 17 10:48 AM
jakeybubby wrote:I also noticed this player with ID #81725 lvl 74 in my game. I looked through my hand written list for friends and ID#s and found that this players name is Karen. We are not regular gifting friends though. If you have written down your friends and their numbers see if you have Karen.

I don't have Karen. It is definitely NOT one of my regular friends. I scroll through the Terrace in groups of seven and this player number was in the second set. Never was there before. Still puzzling...and no Enchanted Eggs in the album.

Edited on 04/20/2017 at 10:54:57 AM PST

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Apr 20, 17 10:54 AM
Sharp_Eye574363 wrote:Hi GulfCoastGuppy--Your icon shows red in my friends list the last two days. I wonder if that happened as a result of your uninvited friend, which I do not have, thank goodness.

Thanx Sharp_Eye! I went in and changed the wording on my avatar. I know it worked for other devices. After this I will go back to putting the date. I am doing the CC and enter my game at LEAST 3 times a day for gifting and playing. As AEGram says...sigh, sigh, mega-sigh

[Post New]by pinchme on Apr 20, 17 11:28 AM
I play as val ID# 813597
When I logged on to forum to post, I was surprised to see my ID as 81725.
perhaps that was my ID long ago. Lost my game 4-15-17 I suspect it was because of windows update on 4-12-17. took me back to level 1. had to achieve level 6 to be able to see mail, all my friends were there. I guess that's when all of you that got mysterious player in your friends list. strange I still show as val #183597 in your list as well. customer service is working on it. I cant gift back because I have no inventory. so its not a virus or hacker its my screwy game.

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Apr 20, 17 11:49 AM
Thank you pinchme! So it IS tied in with seeing val also...WHEW for us, but sorry about your game problems.

Val was not my friend, and I assume you don't have access to the 81725 game so I will delete. Sounds like you need a LOT to catch up so if you need a REAL friend just PM me!

Mystery solved
Cookie

jakeybubby
Clownfish
Clownfish
508 Posts

[Post New]by jakeybubby on Apr 20, 17 11:55 AM
pinchme wrote:I play as val ID# 813597
When I logged on to forum to post, I was surprised to see my ID as 81725.
perhaps that was my ID long ago. Lost my game 4-15-17 I suspect it was because of windows update on 4-12-17. took me back to level 1. had to achieve level 6 to be able to see mail, all my friends were there. I guess that's when all of you that got mysterious player in your friends list. strange I still show as val #183597 in your list as well. customer service is working on it. I cant gift back because I have no inventory. so its not a virus or hacker its my screwy game.

Pinchme have you ever played using the name Karen because that is the name I have for ID#81725

SA__
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by SA__ on Apr 20, 17 2:36 PM
Thanks to all who helped to work out who it was if not how it got there.

I did in the past have Karen 81725 as a mostly event friend who became 'lost ' along the way, I don't know when she went or how long she had been missing but I was amazed to see her just appear back in my game along with someone else I haven't yet identified.

I wonder how many more 'lost' friends will appear unexpectedly back in my game (definitely only 73 friends at the moment having deleted 81725 as it is a replaced game) without inviting/accepting them?

Sa

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 20, 17 3:04 PM
GulfCoastGuppy--I just sent you a PM

[Post New]by Miranda_Serena on Apr 20, 17 7:52 PM
jakeybubby wrote:I also noticed this player with ID #81725 lvl 74 in my game. I looked through my hand written list for friends and ID#s and found that this players name is Karen. We are not regular gifting friends though. If you have written down your friends and their numbers see if you have Karen.

When I began playing Midnight Castle as Miranda in November 2015, very soon bald-headed Player 81725 requested to be a friend so I accepted them and gifted them profusely as a new player but never received a gift in response, so within a month deleted them. When I began playing as Serena in December 2015 81725 requested to be a friend very quickly and I accepted, but I awaited a gift rather than gift first. 81725 cycled between various female avatars for several days but did not gift, and I deleted them. Now thanks to this thread I realize that somehow 81725 came back in my Serena game playing as Karen, I accepted their invitation, and has been in my Serena game for a very long time. 81725 did have a consistent avatar for over a year, a female, but I can't remember which one, and has even on rare occasion gifted me. I sent gifts on occasion. I did not realize that Karen was that original Player. A couple of days ago Karen switched to the bald-headed avatar and the name Player, which was disconcerting but I did not realize the larger context until now. Anyone else with a story to tell?

susiewastaken
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Apr 20, 17 9:24 PM
susiewastaken wrote:
SA__ wrote:

Info on val's game here:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/907063.page#6777242

(they are working to restore her game and she must have played enough last night to get up to level 7.)

Btw, I don't have this mystery player with number 81725...so it can't have anything to do with val's game.

Ok, I was wrong.

Still don't see how a jumbled number for my sister would be in some games but not mine. (looked again...I have val, poor level 7 but nobody with number 81725)

So weird.

In the game, she has her regular id number...just sees this mystery number as hers when she logged into the forum.

And she absolutely NEVER used a different game name than 'val' lower case.
(occasionally added ThanksAll)....but never ever "Karen"!

Go to: