Daxadillion
Flounder
Flounder
2,372 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear For Sale: Hidden in the Darkness Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 20, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/20/2017 at 6:40:48 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
8,009 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear For Sale: Hidden in the Darkness Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 20, 17 6:40 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear For Sale: Hidden in the Darkness Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by LBRYANT3 on Apr 20, 17 8:42 AM
Trying to purchase the sale on Fear For Sale: Hidden in the Darkness Collector[s Edition and your ad says half off is available until tomorrow but code does not work.
Says it's not available for this game.

[Post New]by LBRYANT3 on Apr 20, 17 8:43 AM
Never mind I figured it out.

[Post New]by aurich on Apr 20, 17 10:24 AM
I downloaded the demo and installed it.

The game will not open.

I rebooted my computer.

I deleted and reinstalled it.

When I click 'play', it minimizes the game manager and a few second later pops up with the 'times running out' screen showing no time played.

bfgBellerophon
8,009 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 20, 17 11:23 AM
Hi LBRYANT3 and aurich,

Thank you for taking the time to post in this thread what you are experiencing with your games. I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble with applying a coupon code as well as opening this particular game.

LBRYANT3, I'm glad to hear that you were able to apply a coupon code to your account. I'm also going to include a Big Fish Games Help page below in case other players are having issues:

Using a Coupon Code

aurich, it is definitely interesting that there is some trouble opening this game and when hitting play, it minimizes the Big Fish Games app. Thank you for letting us know what troubleshooting steps you have taken. It may also be helpful to run the game as an administrator to give it the necessary permissions to run properly. Just in case it's needed, I'll include the help page below:

Run Game as Administrator

If issues continue to persist, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to further assist.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, please PM an active moderator.

bfgBellerophon

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear For Sale: Hidden in the Darkness Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by annadnl on Apr 20, 17 11:41 AM
aurich wrote:I downloaded the demo and installed it.

The game will not open.

I rebooted my computer.

I deleted and reinstalled it.

When I click 'play', it minimizes the game manager and a few second later pops up with the 'times running out' screen showing no time played.

same exact problem.
mac osx 10.12.4

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear For Sale: Hidden in the Darkness Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by fishyfi on Apr 20, 17 12:22 PM
similar problem on Windows 10. I thought it might have had something to do with the latest update, but based on the other comments here it sounds more like the game itself.
Clicked play, get the timer, does nothing.
Uninstalled, reinstalled, same thing again
Restarted PC, same thing again
Tried following the run as administrator instructions, same things again.
All the other games I've got downloaded run fine, so it doesn't look like it's the Games Manager

Edited on 04/20/2017 at 12:22:55 PM PST

gertie23
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on Apr 20, 17 1:53 PM
Had a 'fatal error' about 20 minutes in. First time I have ever had that problem.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
627 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Apr 20, 17 1:57 PM
similar problem with win 10 after new update , so i uninstall this update and install again the game: it does not work either but after the uninstall, a file stay and give the following message:
" 20.4.2017 22:47:50: RenderSystem_D3D8: Failed to create Direct3D device"
if this can help the devs,it will be fine

[Post New]by b3ll3tink2 on Apr 20, 17 2:55 PM
same problem with the game as the previous posters. the solution provided by Tech support doesn't correct the issue. Uninstalling the game until it gets fixed by the developer.

dannsh
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by dannsh on Apr 20, 17 3:52 PM
Heads up iMac users. I have done the various delete and reload options. Looked to clear any possible extras files.

The game starts up with a white window screen then the screen collapses. I go to quit the game and the game crashes.

I just bought this game 20 minutes ago. This the second game in recent months that will not run on OS Sierra.

[Post New]by janhunter66 on Apr 20, 17 6:53 PM
I am stuck at the table in the back yard and can't get out of this spot anyone else having this problem? Reinstalled the game and still stuck.

Edited on 04/20/2017 at 6:54:01 PM PST

Cr1s
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear For Sale: Hidden in the Darkness Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by Cr1s on Apr 21, 17 10:08 AM
janhunter66 wrote:I am stuck at the table in the back yard and can't get out of this spot anyone else having this problem? Reinstalled the game and still stuck.

I'm having the same problem in the back yard. After playing a HOP, the "Loading..." page appears and it get stuck. The only way to exit the game is by turning off the computer altogether (Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't work).
Tried to disinstall and reinstall the game, but it opens again with the "Loading..." page and nothing happens.
I'm really frustrated about this

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,032 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear For Sale: Hidden in the Darkness Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by tejasgal on Apr 21, 17 10:19 AM
Cr1s wrote:
janhunter66 wrote:I am stuck at the table in the back yard and can't get out of this spot anyone else having this problem? Reinstalled the game and still stuck.

I'm having the same problem in the back yard. After playing a HOP, the "Loading..." page appears and it get stuck. The only way to exit the game is by turning off the computer altogether (Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't work).
Tried to disinstall and reinstall the game, but it opens again with the "Loading..." page and nothing happens.
I'm really frustrated about this

Could you please tell us what operating system you are using? Would be ever so helpful.

Cr1s
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Cr1s on Apr 21, 17 10:24 AM
Oops, sorry...
Windows 10

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on Apr 21, 17 10:30 AM
gertie23 wrote:Had a 'fatal error' about 20 minutes in. First time I have ever had that problem.

I'm getting this after uninstalling and reinstalling just now. Windows 10

21.4.2017 10:25:41: RenderSystem_D3D8: Failed to create Direct3D device

TAZZ1965
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by TAZZ1965 on Apr 21, 17 10:29 PM
running windows 10. game had fatal crash after 10 minutes of playing. This is getting old not being able to play games

[Post New]by luuk55 on Apr 23, 17 3:11 AM
For the following error message: RenderSystem_D3D8: Failed to create Direct3D device, I found a solution in Windows 10
If you turn off the image adapter, the game will work.
Please follow these steps.
Open device manager
Click the arrow next to your screen adapter
Right-click on the name of the adpater and turn off the device
Now you can play the game and, after playing, turn the device back on in the same way

Luuk

[Post New]by BuckSatan69 on Apr 23, 17 5:21 AM
Hi,
I'm stuck in the HOP in boat yard at the harbour early in the game. There are three items displayed, the soccer ball, the brush and the star-fish (inside the diving helmet) BUT it will not let me select them. I've clicked everywhere - on them and around them.
I'm running Windows 10.
I have uninstalled and re-installed the game with no success.
Please help.
Regards
Buck

Edited on 04/23/2017 at 6:38:37 AM PST

Go to: