Daxadillion
Flounder
Flounder
2,369 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Fear For Sale: Hidden in the Darkness Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 20, 17 12:38 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/20/2017 at 6:40:11 AM PST

rainworm
Herring
Herring
323 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fear For Sale: Hidden in the Darkness Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by rainworm on Apr 20, 17 1:39 AM
Love this series and played the beta for this new adventure, so it was an instant buy for me.
Can underline, what our first front page reviewer pointed out, but now off to play.

Will say more, when finished.....

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,235 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fear For Sale: Hidden in the Darkness Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by MURPHY on Apr 20, 17 4:44 AM
Yesterday's code HUGE worked for me on the East coast!

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Apr 20, 17 5:19 AM
huge worked for me in ohio. bought it without playing demo. love this series. now i'm going to see what I got. good gaming fishies

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,811 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Apr 20, 17 5:53 AM
Huge worked for me. And I agree with everyone who loves this Series. Another great edition!
Enjoy,
Lisa

mst3kr
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by mst3kr on Apr 20, 17 6:05 AM
On sale now: Mediocrity & boredom!

This is yet another of these series that should've been put to bed several installments ago. Absolutely nothing new here; just another investigative person trying to solve a missing person's case with the help of a ghost. I've demoed most of the other 7 or 8 games in this series and never purchased one because of the same old drivel and blandness as this installment provides.

I played on the Custom level with everything turned off, never needed any help, and I still finished the 90-minute demo with 70 minutes to spare. That speaks to the incredible simplicity of this game.

The puzzles, if you can call them that, are so remedial to the point of being insulting. Develop a picture in 4-easy steps. Avoid 5 obstacles at sea while driving a boat, while using a sonar and big orange buttons to move left to right. Move a green ball around to avoid red ones in two different puzzles. You get the idea... There was absolutely zero challenge or creativity to any of these.

The story-line logic is quite dismal, too. I needed a video recording of someone getting scared and automatically assume he's been kidnapped and THEN make the brilliant comment of "I have to find out who's kidnapping these people!" Um, isn't that what set you on your case in the first place, Emma? I visited & entered locations with the ease and superiority of a cat burglar. I was able to lift fingerprints with glue & a glove. I fed a cockatoo sponge cake! And when will devs realize it's righty-tighty, lefty loosey; not the opposite when screwing & unscrewing things?!

The animation is as it always has been in these games; over-saturated, choppy, and looks like it was made on a dime. There is also so much hand-holding, it's unreal. Just move your cursor around & it changes to a pointer on a hot spot. Again, zero use of brain power needed.

The voice acting is sub-par with so little emoting or believable performances that it is almost painful to listen to. Emma has the same bland, monotone voice as previous installments. The security guard was as concerned about someone snooping around his building as a sleeping dog, and Nicholas Jensen sounded German, Nordic, Spanish, and French, all at once. Just embarrassing...

If you want a game that gives you absolutely no reason to think, be entertained, spooked, or challenged then this is the game for you. Otherwise, I recommend you save your money on something "for Sale" that is MUCH more valuable.

Edited on 04/20/2017 at 6:17:48 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
7,994 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 20, 17 6:40 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Fear For Sale: Hidden in the Darkness Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Fear For Sale: Hidden in the Darkness Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,437 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Apr 20, 17 8:53 AM
Did the Beta a while back and so excited to see this today. I love this series

[Post New]by SemeleRhiannon on Apr 20, 17 1:04 PM
Looks to be a great game and I want to buy and play, but I'm still wanting Agency 33 to be updated, so I guess I'll have to pass on this one and any other Elefun games.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 20, 17 4:37 PM
Hi all! As usual, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story line to others who do a much better job than I. Looks like this is #10 in this series. I do have the others and like this series, except for a couple of things they just can't seem to fix. One that really bothers me the most is the color. If it weren't for the blue undertones in every scene, I think the colors would be very nice. Very tiring on the eyes. That said, the graphics are very nice, clear and realistic, even in close up scenes. There isn't a whole lot of animation, but what there is, isn't bad. Music is the standard as in all of the games in this series...soothing until something is about to happen. The voice of our heroine is somewhat boring, no emotion, just reading a script. She doesn't do a lot of talking and some things she says are sort of silly. Very few sound FX, which would have been nice in this one. Game play was quite good and the scenes fit my large screen nicely.

HOPs were just interactive lists. Items were easy to find and the scenes were fairly clear. If you got bored with them, you could switch to a jigsaw puzzle. I am a major jigsaw person, so this is my favorite. Puzzles weren't difficult at all, but a couple did take me a minute to figure out, and I did run across one I hadn't seen before. Hint system is very helpful, but I did not run across a transport feature in this either. However, the jump map is nicely done. It identifies the area with name and picture, as well as letting you know if you missed a collectible. Strategy guide is the same as all other games. I use it mostly to see where I missed a collectible, if I can't find it on my own.

I love the collectibles in this series. They are quite varied and I don't seem to get bored with just morphing items or the like. Yes, we do have to find 33 morphing objects, which aren't as easy as you think. They morph fairly quickly. We also need to find 6 of each item related to lust for power; spiritualist; greed and fear; freelancer and magic. These can be anything and are easy to miss or ignore, so be on the lookout, as some are a bit small.

This game is not really challenging, except to find all the collectibles, but the story flowed easily and was somewhat interesting. Even though the color drives me nuts, I have the need to play it out and see where it goes. Yes, I am going to add this to my collection. I think all levels of players will find something fun and/or interesting about this game. No, it does not get 5 stars from me because of the color, but because of the collectibles and story, it does get a 4.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the review.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,280 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 21, 17 11:15 AM
mst3kr wrote:On sale now: Mediocrity & boredom!

This is yet another of these series that should've been put to bed several installments ago. Absolutely nothing new here; just another investigative person trying to solve a missing person's case with the help of a ghost. I've demoed most of the other 7 or 8 games in this series and never purchased one because of the same old drivel and blandness as this installment provides.

I played on the Custom level with everything turned off, never needed any help, and I still finished the 90-minute demo with 70 minutes to spare. That speaks to the incredible simplicity of this game.

You got through a 90 minute demo in 20 minutes and played every HOP and puzzle in that time? That has to be some sort of record.

I loved this demo and bought the game.Like most of the other Fear For Sale games, I found it enjoyable and entertaining. I never play the HOS, always go straight to the jigsaw puzzles because of their uniquely shaped pieces.

Another good addition to the series, which I found neither mediocre nor boring. One man's meat etc. etc.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
323 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Apr 21, 17 12:37 PM
Finishing the 90 min demo within 70 min is not bad but quite possible with the demo of this game. The more sophisticated elements are coming by after the demo! So this is no point for the mediocrity of a game. But ok, tastes are different. Elefun has a specialty: our "playing field" is filled with items, scenery is overrich and you can discover much, not necessarily bringing you further in the game but just for delight. There are people, who do not like this.

Collectibles are there, in nearly every scene - and easy to find - what I love! I hate it, when I have to loose all my energy in searching for the cols.....

The story of this game is interesting, not new but nicely put into scene. Love the variable HOS and the easy to medium difficult puzzles. Of course, there could be a more difficult one in between, but you can't get everything.

Even the bonus game is not too short and finishes the story. Not to say, there is no conclusive end of the main game but for me the bonus set the real final stop to the problem of this isle.

All in all a very good game.

HeatherDay
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by HeatherDay on Apr 22, 17 2:32 PM
dancemom1 wrote:

I love the collectibles in this series. They are quite varied and I don't seem to get bored with just morphing items or the like. Yes, we do have to find 33 morphing objects, which aren't as easy as you think. They morph fairly quickly. We also need to find 6 of each item related to lust for power; spiritualist; greed and fear; freelancer and magic. These can be anything and are easy to miss or ignore, so be on the lookout, as some are a bit small.

This game is not really challenging, except to find all the collectibles, but the story flowed easily and was somewhat interesting.

I have to agree with dancemom1 that the game is not challenging at all except for the collectibles.
I tried the demo a second time because another poster I respect, rainworm, said in a review above: "Elefun has a specialty: our "playing field" is filled with items, scenery is overrich and you can discover much, not necessarily bringing you further in the game but just for delight."
I thought maybe I missed something.
After second time 'round (on extreme demo), what rainworm says is true: "Not necessarily bringing you further in the game but just for delight."
Kudos to the DEVS for the obvious hard work they put into this game!
Many, many people will enjoy this game
I however, am not one of them.
Happy gaming, all!

edited punctuation (and still failed lol)

Edited on 04/22/2017 at 2:37:50 PM PST

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Apr 29, 17 9:05 PM
Loved this game. I thought the creatures were kind of cute! I give it two thumbs up! keep up the good work fishes

Go to: