Jazzi98
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Another weekend event?

[Post New]by Jazzi98 on Apr 20, 17 1:07 PM
Ralfie is talking again. Today he is saying "Don't forget to play this weekend" and "Earn tickets on the weekends", and "Visit me on the weekend."

I too am waiting for the big "Coming Soon" update, but I do hope they keep holding these weekend events until that happens. It helps those who missed out on collecting tickets, gives everyone a chance for a few more pearls, and makes the On Timer achievement possible.

Though I do wish the "weekend" started before noon on Saturdays (Central Time).

mdpetdoc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

Another weekend event?

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Apr 20, 17 1:11 PM
Jazzi98 wrote:
Though I do wish the "weekend" started before noon on Saturdays (Central Time).

I agree. The poor Australian players are already into early Sunday morning by the time the event starts.

JulezyGem
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

Re:Another weekend event?

[Post New]by JulezyGem on Apr 20, 17 2:01 PM
ugh again.... oh well im just gonna play normal as im unavailable this weekend too much on. But yes it helps those who lost out during the xmas event. If this is gonna be a perm thing for the next few weeks cool.

judy1689
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Apr 20, 17 2:22 PM
I like the weekend events . . . I just wish the islanders would request more of the food items that can be quickly produced.

The last 2 weekend events were long and tedious because so many items requested took and hour or more per item to produce. Last weekend focused on items you needed produced from items in the mine. We only have one mine which limits the number of requests you can complete and gets boring, fast.

I hope this one will be more fun.

I really like this game . . . except for the lengthy time it takes to build the palace, its like Farm Up on steroids, lol.

Jazzi98
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Jazzi98 on Apr 20, 17 4:12 PM
Hmm, well I already have plenty of tickets and wasn't planning on doing more than sending the balloons (which I do daily anyway). Maybe I'll stock my market as much as possible with mine items, lumber, and milk. And juices, my board always asks for huge numbers of juices too.

If all of us bored folks did that, it might help some of the ones who are trying to catch up on tickets.

Edited on 04/20/2017 at 4:13:34 PM PST

mdpetdoc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Apr 20, 17 4:41 PM
Jazzi98 wrote:If all of us bored folks did that, it might help some of the ones who are trying to catch up on tickets.

My games started that this morning. Paper, glass, wire, iron, jams and more. All being made to benefit other players.

michsheps
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by michsheps on Apr 21, 17 2:15 AM
Doing the same, although the ones I play with are very competitive and its a race to get to second place, I wish my market was not raided as I make bricks and alluring amber for those who need it. This is the third event maybe it might include items we can buy with the tickets.....although I hope its not to try and quell our patience for a game update!

BanditSam
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by BanditSam on Apr 21, 17 3:54 AM
Only for PC players? I haven't seen Ralphie talking on my iPad.

Never mind, I just poked him and he asked if I would take part. I like being able to earn more pearls, and I bought a couple of things with the tickets I earned last week. So I'm game!

Edited on 04/21/2017 at 4:11:40 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,994 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 21, 17 4:32 AM
Well, I click and click on Ralfie, but he isn't talking to me - using PC.

michsheps
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by michsheps on Apr 21, 17 5:24 AM
Its better just to troll him around the island!!!! he only talks about every 10-15 mins.

mdpetdoc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Apr 21, 17 7:00 AM
michsheps wrote:Doing the same, although the ones I play with are very competitive and its a race to get to second place, I wish my market was not raided as I make bricks and alluring amber for those who need it. This is the third event maybe it might include items we can buy with the tickets.....although I hope its not to try and quell our patience for a game update!

SCAMPER will not be doing more than registering participation and helping others this time UNLESS there is something new to earn with this event. Let the race to first place (on PC) begin.

JulezyGem
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by JulezyGem on Apr 21, 17 7:02 AM
lol doc can we race to last place instead? that is where you will find me

mdpetdoc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Apr 21, 17 7:06 AM
JulezyGem wrote:lol doc can we race to last place instead? that is where you will find me

You're going to have to beat SCAMPER. Going only for the 5 medals that triggers the On-Timer achievement, but look for Birch to be selling paper, iron, wire, glue, cream, etc.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,994 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 21, 17 7:37 AM
michsheps wrote:Its better just to troll him around the island!!!! he only talks about every 10-15 mins.

I followed him around a bit and without having to click on him first, he told me about the weekend's event.

BanditSam
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by BanditSam on Apr 21, 17 11:02 AM
mdpetdoc wrote:
You're going to have to beat SCAMPER. Going only for the 5 medals that triggers the On-Timer achievement, but look for Birch to be selling paper, iron, wire, glue, cream, etc.

What do you have to do for the On-Timer?

TMGamer99
Flounder
Flounder
2,181 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Apr 21, 17 11:11 AM
BanditSam wrote:What do you have to do for the On-Timer?

It looks as though you just need to earn one medal during the event for it to count it for the On-Timer achievement.

BanditSam
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by BanditSam on Apr 21, 17 11:21 AM
Cool! Thanks for the motivation!

TMGamer99
Flounder
Flounder
2,181 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Apr 22, 17 10:07 AM
TMGamer99 wrote:t looks as though you just need to earn one medal during the event for it to count it for the On-Timer achievement.

This was a lie!

I earned one medal, and I was still only showing 6.
But, then I clicked on Ralfie and he gave me the event starter kit. It now shows 7.

Stormy9
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by Stormy9 on Apr 22, 17 10:15 AM
TMGamer99 wrote:
TMGamer99 wrote:t looks as though you just need to earn one medal during the event for it to count it for the On-Timer achievement.

This was a lie!

I earned one medal, and I was still only showing 6.
But, then I clicked on Ralfie and he gave me the event starter kit. It now shows 7.

I did the same thing. Forgot about Ralphie!!! I wondered why I was at 999.

Go to: