Tire tube

paula331
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

Tire tube

[Post New]by paula331 on Apr 15, 10 10:47 AM
Hi all, I'm at the part where she has to find the leak in the tire tube, and when I get to the fountain to put in the tire tube, she talking about not taking anymore coins, or something like that. Not sure how to do this, any suggestions? Thanks, Paula

geezing
Catfish
Catfish
1,722 Posts

Re:Tire tube

[Post New]by geezing on Apr 15, 10 11:58 AM
Hi Paula,

Try the walkthrough here:
http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcAa/Artofmurder2/ArtofMurder2.htm

Good Luck

[Post New]by munchkin2004 on Apr 15, 10 6:40 PM
Hi, I'm having the same problem onlyI can get her to say "here's the leak" but I can't get her to use the pen to mark it. I have the walkthrough and have followed it step by step and even gone back to my last save place and started again but she says this won't work or these items don't match and won't mark the darn tube !! Can anyone help me please !! Thanks

[Post New]by Andikn09 on Apr 16, 10 6:30 AM
I searched for some solutions to the tire tube situation, and I learned that filling the tire tube at the fountain and marking the hole with the marker has to be done before time runs out. Try that. I'll let you know how I did.

[Post New]by Andikn09 on Apr 16, 10 6:53 AM
It works. Get it all done before the time runs out. Make Nicole run to the fountain.

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on Apr 17, 10 12:03 AM
OMG, I have never had such frustration before, and that includes spraying wasps/bees in Nancy Drew games and whacking elves in RTR. This blasted tire tube tops them all. I am embarrassed to say that I have tried this over eighteen times (stop laughing). After you attach the tube to the compressor and it is filled, the hourglass goes and goes so you can't pick it up to hustle to the fountain. Unfortunately, the clock has started and also goes and goes leaving me clicking the (blank) out of my mouse button trying to grab the filled tube! It is already 1/2 over before I can grab it and run to fountain. I have gotten to the part where Nicole says she sees where the leak/hole is, but then by the time her dialog clears so I can grab the marker, the tube is back in inventory flat and air-free. Or maybe I should drop the tube into the fountain and immediately select the marker before her dialog where she says she sees where the leak is? GRRRRR! Can this by skipped somehow? After say, twenty tries does the game have a pity party and slow the clock or bypass? Please? I also tried the esc key to rush through the hourglass or clear her dialog when she 'finds the leak' so I can see the inventory to grab the darn marker, but it just takes me to the main menu. Maybe it's a sign that I should cut my losses, save the game and exit. I really liked this game before now. Maybe I should ask my nine yr old to set down the PS3 controller and do this part for me. No worries, there's no blood or gore in this part, I clearly have eye/hand coordination issues. Any advice would be appreciated.

timhouse
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by timhouse on Apr 17, 10 10:01 AM
HELP I GOT THE SAME PROBLEM AS DEE H. DO YOU CLICK THE MARKER TO THE FOUNTAIN OR THE MARKER TO THE TUBE IN INVENTORY.I HATE THIS PART AND DEE I BEEN HERE THREE DAYS SO ALL YOU FISH CAN LAUGH NOW.

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on Apr 17, 10 10:32 PM
timhouse wrote:HELP I GOT THE SAME PROBLEM AS DEE H. DO YOU CLICK THE MARKER TO THE FOUNTAIN OR THE MARKER TO THE TUBE IN INVENTORY.I HATE THIS PART AND DEE I BEEN HERE THREE DAYS SO ALL YOU FISH CAN LAUGH NOW.

I am so sorry for your pain, and yet so appreciative of your post. Thank you for writing in, at least it is not just me! Come on all you coordinated fishies, clue us in!! Thanks in advance And for you timhouse...

popcorn_20000
Marlin
Marlin
8,219 Posts

[Post New]by popcorn_20000 on Apr 18, 10 4:11 PM
timhouse wrote:HELP I GOT THE SAME PROBLEM AS DEE H. DO YOU CLICK THE MARKER TO THE FOUNTAIN OR THE MARKER TO THE TUBE IN INVENTORY.I HATE THIS PART AND DEE I BEEN HERE THREE DAYS SO ALL YOU FISH CAN LAUGH NOW.

You put the marker onto the tube in your inventory (before the time runs out)

[Post New]by JLuvsB on Apr 19, 10 9:24 AM
I am new to this so this may sound like a stupid question but how do I get her to run or move faster because she takes forever to get to the fountain (the time is already up). Please help!!!!

[Post New]by MoMaverick on Apr 19, 10 11:56 AM
To get Nicole to move faster ... double-click on the destination.

When you get to the fountain, click the tube into the fountain. Then she says "there's the hole." The tube should be back in inventory. Click the pen & then click on the tube.

Gerabean
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Gerabean on Apr 19, 10 1:12 PM
Having the same problem ..not enough time ..at least it should pause while that darn little hourglass is going...Please..we need a Guru to help us...before I put my foot thru this freakin' flat screen

[Post New]by JLuvsB on Apr 19, 10 1:36 PM
MoMaverick wrote:To get Nicole to move faster ... double-click on the destination.

When you get to the fountain, click the tube into the fountain. Then she says "there's the hole." The tube should be back in inventory. Click the pen & then click on the tube.

Thank you I am going to try it now. Wish me luck!!! I will let you know if it works.

[Post New]by JLuvsB on Apr 19, 10 2:05 PM
IT WORKED!!! Thank you soooo much! Do you even know how fustrated I was getting. It makes me so mad when you acctually know what to do but for some stupid reason you can't get the task completed. Hopefully this will help someone else who is having trouble because without your help I would have never figured it out.

[Post New]by JLuvsB on Apr 19, 10 3:49 PM
Ok MoMaverick since you were able to help me before maybe you can help me again. I am trying to open the safe and it keeps telling me that the door is blocked and I have even checked the walkthrough (I did everything word for word to check). What am I doing wrong.

[Post New]by JLuvsB on Apr 19, 10 4:21 PM
Nevermind

[Post New]by gammylynne on Apr 19, 10 7:00 PM
help me too please!! when I go back to the compressor and fill the tire, I run Nicole back to the fountain but the tire is already wet. Do I have to start over? I click the pen and tire before the clock runs out, but nothing happens.
This is very frustrating!!

[Post New]by amazoncowgirl on Apr 20, 10 3:27 AM
I've read the walkthroughs and all the advice here, but here is my problem: even if I have time to spare, the moment the tyre is returned to inventory, the clock disappears and I can't mark the hole. Is this just a glitch? I've done this, like, twenty times and on several occasions I've had time to spare, but always the same, the clock disappears as soon as the tyre returns to inventory.

So frustrating, as I really want to complete this game and there is no override for this stupid task!

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,116 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Apr 20, 10 3:41 AM
well luckily I had no problems. As soon as I inflated the tire and got it, I double clicked to get her to run. Put tube in fountain. As soon as it went into inventory, I marked it with the marker.

Welcome to the pond all you new fishies!!!

Edited on 04/20/2010 at 3:43:11 AM PST

popcorn_20000
Marlin
Marlin
8,219 Posts

[Post New]by popcorn_20000 on Apr 20, 10 5:46 PM
amazoncowgirl wrote:but here is my problem: even if I have time to spare, the moment the tyre is returned to inventory, the clock disappears and I can't mark the hole. Is this just a glitch?

I'm not quiet sure I understand?? I haven't heard of anyone else having any glitches within the game.

Here's step by step solution. Hope it helps.

->Switch on compressor
->Attach the tube to the pistol on the ground and see it fill then deflate... "has hole"
-> Fill tube with air again.
-> Quickly take inflated tube, pull back and RUN (double clicking) to the fountain.
-> Place tube in fountain "see hole".
-> Tube is back in inventory
-> In inventory click felt tip pen on tire to get "marked hole in tube" (tube should now have a blue mark on it)
-> This ALL needs to be done BEFORE timer runs out! -> Go back to garage and talk to Raul about marked hole in tube.

Go to: