Daxadillion
Flounder
Flounder
2,294 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Fairytale Griddlers: Red Riding Hood Secret here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 21, 17 12:54 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/21/2017 at 6:58:51 AM PST

bfgLianorm
592 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fairytale Griddlers: Red Riding Hood Secret here.

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Apr 21, 17 6:59 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Fairytale Griddlers: Red Riding Hood Secret here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Fairytale Griddlers: Red Riding Hood Secret.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fairytale Griddlers: Red Riding Hood Secret here.

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Apr 21, 17 2:34 PM
Based on the demo, there are some pros and cons with this game. So far, I haven't had to guess where to mark the puzzles, which is good. However, there is still no autocomplete, and the puzzles themselves are just one color. Once you complete one, the colors appear in the image, but there's still no title or explanation of what the picture is supposed to be. Some of them are obvious, but others are a mystery to me. There's now a store where you can use the coins earned by solving puzzles to purchase hints and other things. For some odd reason, the game starts with unlimited mistakes, but the shop offers specific mistake limits for purchase. I admit I skipped the tutorial, since I'm pretty tired of these games trying to tell me which way columns go and so on, so I may have missed an explanation of the shop or the mistakes. I expect I will buy this game, probably with a pcc, just because I like the genre and this doesn't have most of the annoying features in other similar games. I do with the developer would figure out how to use the colors in solving the puzzles as other developers do, though.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,994 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 22, 17 12:19 AM
Georgiarealist, you only get the "unlimited mistakes" for the first 5 levels, if I remember correctly.

This game is by 8floor, who usually give us the most basic games possible. However, they have either decided to do more than just the basics, or have new people working for them who know how to attract customers, because this game is a step up from all their other pictograms.

However, I found the grid far too small. The numbers were tiny, and this is the kind of game where you strain your eyes quickly even with large grids.

Also, there is no autofill for the empty spaces, which is a pain in the neck, especially because the whole of the grid is so tiny.

Checking out the main game page, I saw 2 different images in colour, and had hoped for a coloured version of the game. Unfortunately, that is not the case. The colours only appear after you have finished the picture.

Considering that all pictograms we are getting here are those that come with a set of different colours, I wouldn't want to play one with just the one colour anymore.

Because of all the above, this is a no-buy for me.

Valkara
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Apr 24, 17 7:04 AM
Nice, relaxing music... but the grid numbers are too small, the lack of autofill is a pain, and due to having been spoiled with the wonderful range of colors in Fantasy Mosaics and Rainbow Mosaics, this monochromatic kind of puzzle is boring.

No sale.

Go to: