PM

Bemused123
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

PM

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Apr 21, 17 3:21 AM
I have a new message in my inbox. There is no subject which is where I normally click to read one. I am sure there is another way but I do not know what. Help please. Thank you

TMGamer99
Flounder
Flounder
2,181 Posts

Re:PM

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Apr 21, 17 3:24 AM
There was something in the message that triggered the Big Fish filter that means you can't read it (and nor can the person who sent it).

Could be a url or a word it doesn't like.

There's nothing you can do except to ask the person to re-write it and delete it.

Or if it's a user that has just been created, then it could just be spam.

Edited on 04/21/2017 at 3:26:38 AM PST

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Apr 21, 17 5:13 AM

No - not the dreaded S word.

Ask your friend to find the post in their 'Sent Box'.

Problem with that? NO ONE ever clears it out! So your INBOX may be at a steady 89% - our SENT BOX is likely in the 300's.

Happy house cleaning!

Jenifer

TMGamer99
Flounder
Flounder
2,181 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Apr 21, 17 5:16 AM
The sender won't be able to read their version in their sent items either.

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Apr 21, 17 5:45 AM

Right,

The only times that I have had trouble is if I'm at a stage of wonderful, cuddly friendliness with a certain forum regular that I feel compelled to inflict my email address upon them.

This is where things go wrong.

I am typing this suggestion as I genuinely believe that no infuriating advertising menace would actually go to the trouble of plucking YOUR name at random and engaging in the time and effort of so-called "coding" their message in a way that would literally force you, the recipient, to de-code the message and type it into your browser.

This is the example.

my(underscore)name(AT)randomISP(DOT)com.

Now you cannot chuck that anywhere but in the bin, unless you really care.

So if in doubt, spell it out.

Cheers,

Jenifer

P.S - Not my real email address.

Bemused123
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Apr 21, 17 6:19 AM
The message is from a genuine friend, in fact the first friend I made in MC. I will send her one and explain what happened. I only have half a dozen message and noticed that it shows 7% full. Thanks for your help.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Apr 21, 17 6:59 AM
Bemused123, I've had that happen with PMs I've sent a number of times. Absent an email address, sometimes it's hard to figure out what the BigFish filters are actually filtering out. It may just be a word used innocently, but is censored.

And it's really hard to figure out because you can't read your own message. It almost drove me crazy one time.

All you can do is PM your friend and ask them to resend and be very careful of the wording.

Annelliegram
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,899 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 21, 17 7:10 AM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:Bemused123, I've had that happen with PMs I've sent a number of times. Absent an email address, sometimes it's hard to figure out what the BigFish filters are actually filtering out. It may just be a word used innocently, but is censored.

And it's really hard to figure out because you can't read your own message. It almost drove me crazy one time.

All you can do is PM your friend and ask them to resend and be very careful of the wording.

Well, you sort of can (read it, that is)...you can use the preview before you send it.....if it has something that won't go through, I'm pretty sure it will not show in the preview box, either.

And, you can gradually figure out what is the offensive part if you want to follow a tedious process....
1. Retype the message
2. Copy it to some word document
3. Test what you re-wrote in preview......
4. If it all shows, you are golden....if not.....just paste portions of the message into your PM at a time....check preview until you can determine the section that is offensive to the filters.

I found that when I wanted to type a range of numbers ... like 16 to 20....and used the dash between the two with no spaces -- that was something the filters picked up on and erased the entire message.......Also when you want to say 450 / 3216 <<--you have to put in the spaces on each side of the / or the filter will wipe it out also.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Apr 21, 17 1:03 PM
Actually, the preview box shows your message as typed. When you send it, the censors kick in, and the message you sent as well as the one in your outbox is blank.

Annelliegram
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,899 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 21, 17 1:27 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:Actually, the preview box shows your message as typed. When you send it, the censors kick in, and the message you sent as well as the one in your outbox is blank.

Well, sigh......I couldn't remember on that one.......well, perhaps to copy it before trying to send it so you will have a copy if it goes blank.

bfgBellerophon
7,737 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 21, 17 1:41 PM
Hi there,

I wanted to pop in here and thank everyone that has taken the time to post their thoughts in this particular thread. For clarification and confirmation, if a PM was received from a user that contains a blank subject, it is possible that certain content within that private message triggered the spam filter as others have mentioned. Players are more than welcome to PM that particular sender letting them know that a blank message was received. While the Moderation Team doesn't have the specifics of what terms are within the filter, it is recommended to refer to the following announcement for some workarounds:

Having trouble posting about levels? - September 27, 2016

Before sending a PM, there is an option to "Preview" the message. Please keep in mind that if there is a term within the PM that triggers the filter, the message does appear as blank as whitebutterfly54 mentioned.

If you find that the problem continues to exist after trying the workarounds in the above announcement, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with a copy of the message. The Support Team has the tools to further investigate as we definitely want players to be able to send PMs to others.

Since this is regarding a general forum issue, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread as we ask threads be game specific. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding. Please do not hesitate to PM me or any of the other Active Moderators if you have any questions. We are always happy to help.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: