Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Stranded Dreamscapes: Deadly Moonlight Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 22, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/22/2017 at 6:33:59 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Stranded Dreamscapes: Deadly Moonlight Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Apr 22, 17 6:34 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Big Fish Games Help Pages. Using our Big Fish Games Help Pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help Pages. please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgLianorm

gamma9697
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Stranded Dreamscapes: Deadly Moonlight Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by gamma9697 on Apr 22, 17 9:03 AM
keeps freezing...happened in 2 different spots during the first 3 locations...last game I bought had problems, also - what's up??? Windows 10 on a laptop....not happy

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Stranded Dreamscapes: Deadly Moonlight Collector's Edition

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Apr 22, 17 9:13 AM
Same here twice a few minutes into the game . Pity looked interesting . Windows 10 laptop

Edited on 04/22/2017 at 9:14:14 AM PST

[Post New]by Clematis_es on Apr 22, 17 10:13 AM
The game was working fine until I bought it. I had just begun the chapter about Ben. The words of the shaman have disappeared and cannot match any symbols. Hints don't work.

mmdgaston
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mmdgaston on Apr 22, 17 1:13 PM
sad, i can hear it but nothing on screen....major tech problem and yes all my everythings are updated....windows 7

bayley60
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by bayley60 on Apr 22, 17 2:51 PM
I just installed and am having same problems. I can hear talking but the screen remains black and then it tells me that it is having problems. PLEASE come up with a fix ASAP..win 7

mchicspic
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by mchicspic on Apr 22, 17 8:36 PM
Hello,

I am not having any trouble playing the game on my laptop (Windows 10). However, I am having trouble in the swamp scene. I have gotten the map to cross the morass. I placed the map on the morass when I opened the mini-game. The map promptly disappeared from my inventory but is also not visible in the mini-game.

Ack.

Presumably, this is a bug in the game. Hopefully an update to fix this will be released soon. If a fix already exists, share it!

Thanks,
Paula

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Apr 23, 17 1:06 AM
Yet another game unplayable on laptop Windows 10. Crashed in the balcony scene at the very beginning of the demo. Fortunately, I was able to play it on my MacBook Air without any problems.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Stranded Dreamscapes: Deadly Moonlight Collector's Edition

[Post New]by superlady154 on Apr 23, 17 2:28 AM
I'm on a lap top with windows 10 and my game is not working, keeps freezing. It tells me "open of log file failed. Will it be fixed?

Edited on 04/23/2017 at 3:43:29 AM PST

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Apr 23, 17 2:22 PM
I have had to restart the game twice each time deleting my profile and beginning again. First issue was no voices after rescuing Chloe. Second time I played got the voices but now I am working on Ben in the bog and have found the map across the bog but it has disappeared and I cannot continue the game.

This game was NOT properly tested before release and appears to be quite buggy. This seems to be the standard now for new CE HOPA games and I am becoming very tired of having to contact CS for every new game release. Out of the games released this month I have had issues with 3 of them.

I am on a Windows 7 Laptop with 32 GB of Ram and NVIDIA Graphics, All of my drivers are up to date so the issue is not with my computer.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 23, 17 5:55 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your time and for reporting your experiences while playing Stranded Dreamscapes: Deadly Moonlight Collector's Edition. I'm sorry that there has been difficulty in playing the game due to there seeming to be some issues with a disappearing map as well as freezing while playing. I wanted to swim by real fast with some preliminary troubleshooting which may help resolve those issues as well as how to reach out to our Support Team for further assistance, should it be necessary.

The first thing I want to try to resolve is the freezing issue that was reported by some players. For players experiencing a freeze when playing the game, the following page of steps has helped players in the past quickly resolve that issue:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For players seeing a missing item that was expected, or an item from inventory has disappeared, it is possible that running the game with further permissions could assist in getting that item to be available or remain available going forward. Just in case it is helpful, the following page contains steps for running a game as an Administrator, which could provide the permissions necessary to run the game more smoothly:

Run Game as Administrator

If playing on a Windows 10 PC, it's possible that the following steps could be useful in resolving issues encountered while playing our games:

Windows 10

If those above steps don't seem to help, or if you'd just like some personalized assistance with the game, please don't hesitate to contact our Technical Support Team. If you'd like further troubleshooting, please also include a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps will be sure to get back in touch as soon as possible to help.

Thank you all for your patience and for taking the time to report those issues. I hope this was helpful, but don't hesitate to PM any of the active Moderators with further questions. We're all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

beckykay
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by beckykay on Apr 24, 17 3:22 PM
Games crashes. Once it did load, it crashed after I set the options. Kept getting the error message. Windows 7.

[Post New]by vsvillanoseven on Apr 24, 17 3:50 PM
I'm having the same problem as MCHICSPIC - put the map on the morass, it disappeared from the inventory and is not in the scene to cross the morass. Frustrating. Not fun. Hopefully it will be corrected soon.

[Post New]by Bewitched5 on Apr 24, 17 6:52 PM
I cant get this game to open. I get a rather long error message. I am using Windows 7 Professional. I have downloaded many games but am having trouble with this one. I really don't know what to do. I want to trial it first.

ushie15
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ushie15 on Apr 24, 17 6:52 PM
I can't get the game to respond to my mouse for the art studio game. Is this a recurring problem?

[Post New]by Bewitched5 on Apr 24, 17 6:55 PM
I can't get this game to open at all!! I get a very long error message. How am I going to be able to play this game?

pacman13
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Video keeps flashing

[Post New]by pacman13 on Apr 24, 17 7:37 PM
The video keeps flashing - a quick flashing- using Asus G73 / I7? with nvidia GEForce GTX 460M display card. Running Win 10 , all current updates installed.

[Post New]by Ragdollsue on Apr 25, 17 2:07 AM
Having the same problems here. If the game loads I end up with a black screen but can hear music. If the game doesn't load I get an error access violation.
There is nothing wrong with my system it is all up to date. This is the 3rd game I am having problems with. Luckily I didn't purchase the other 2, unlike this one.
Can we please have a fix or a refund.

pkbeehler
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by pkbeehler on Apr 25, 17 7:54 AM
Clematis es: I am having the same problem as you with the Shaman. And the hint button doesn't work, it keeps reloading. BFG, please help with a fix.

Go to: