Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Stranded Dreamscapes: Deadly Moonlight Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 22, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/22/2017 at 6:34:34 AM PST

2dogsx2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Stranded Dreamscapes: Deadly Moonlight Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by 2dogsx2 on Apr 22, 17 2:42 AM
This game rates high in the boring section, the music, if that's what you can call it is so irritating I didn't finish the trial time, curser is dodgy, hos are not challenging, the game doesn't flow, wouldn't recommend to an advanced player

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Stranded Dreamscapes: Deadly Moonlight Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Apr 22, 17 6:34 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Stranded Dreamscapes: Deadly Moonlight Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Stranded Dreamscapes: Deadly Moonlight Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Apr 22, 17 7:44 AM
Didn't have any problems technicality. Not a great game, but not worse! I'm really more the fairy tale kind! This isn't! LOL You should try it, might be your thing! & the sale makes it more appealing!

mmdgaston
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mmdgaston on Apr 22, 17 8:13 AM
would love to play this game, i did buy it...wont play..have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, and everything is updated on my computer....sad, looked like a good one.

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Apr 22, 17 8:58 AM
Music so irritating, I had to close it. Which is something I rarely do. Noting new in this game. If you have a thing against CLOWNS, stay away

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Apr 22, 17 10:13 AM
Foxy57 wrote:Music so irritating, I had to close it. Which is something I rarely do. Noting new in this game. If you have a thing against CLOWNS, stay away

I hate clowns, they scare me. Thanks for the warning.

HeatherDay
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by HeatherDay on Apr 22, 17 1:38 PM
No tech issues using Win7 64bit.
I enjoyed the demo. The mouse was a little sluggish but easily fixed by clicking System Cursor in Options. Also, as a rule (while in options), I turn down the music if I think the Title Page music is annoying. On this particular game it was indeed annoying, so I turned it down. I have no idea if the score changed during game-play or not.
The Devs put a lot of thought and work into the house and in the decor. There's a lot of woodwork therefore a lot of browns. I loved it! Heck, I'd move in if I wasn't worried about the "usual possessed soul" taking my children!
With all that said, Yes, there is the normal back and forth we've become bored with (find this to open that so you can, again, open something else).
During the demo, I played two HOS. Twice each.
The puzzles were easy with no option (that I saw) to change to Hard.
There are evil clowns in the demo (stationary, except one).
There is a snake that jumps at you.
And a spider (stationary).
The further I went into the house, the Morphing and collectibles got harder to spot (for these old eyes, anyway).

I, for one, will purchase this game on the next big CE sale.
Happy gaming, all!

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Apr 22, 17 6:12 PM
I know I have few review reply's but Ive been gaming w/ BF for 8yrs! Just decided to start leaving them this yr!
W/ that said, besides being unfair to Devs comments about game is unfair to fishes!
Purchased game cause I liked demo! Don't remember clowns, maybe in beginning.
Don't think mini games are that easy, but I don't like playing them skipping is in right corner but if you go out you'll have to wait to for skip to load!
Stories about a man who gets a artifact, & each one in his family takes a piece, they get trap in alternate worlds of there most fear you the detective have to travel to get them out to retrieve part of necklace.
Wow I never wrote this long of a comment, but I'm enjoying the game. Seems a little spooky at 1st, but more SFI.
Please don't think I worried about saying before it being not the best game Ive ever play but not the worse! Don't care about being wrong, I'm wrong a lot, but not about games! At least give the complete demo a trial!

[Post New]by kittiekat10 on Apr 23, 17 5:14 AM
I enjoyed the game. Bought the CE on sale. The only issue I have with it, is that I couldn't complete it. Got stuck in the bonus game. . But the story line is actually unique especially at the end of the main story. Been with BF for about 7 or 8 years also. I really recommend this one. I didn't play the trial, but I can say that the only clowns are in the first alternate world. I don't like clowns either, but nothing super scary there.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 23, 17 11:22 AM
Hi all! Finally got to this one. As usual, I review mostly on the game play and not the story. Graphics are a bit blurry in this one, but cleared up somewhat as the game progressed. Story book scenes were still a little blurry. Colors are very bright, but not over powering. There is very little dialog, but voices are okay in what they have. Sound FX are interesting, supposed to be sounds of wind and such. Every now and then you have a sudden close-up shot that is geared to scare you, but it didn't. The sound we get with a wrong click is really annoying. Music isn't bad but even on low, it seems to over-power other sounds and voices. Game play was good.

HOPs are a combination of lists, highlight words and silhouettes. Some HOPs are repeated more than once, which made the beginning quite boring. Some scenes are a little cluttered, but mostly okay. Puzzles are very simple and take no time at all to complete. Hint system is very helpful and we do have the transport feature for longer locations. This is very helpful, as we are constantly jumping around in and out of other dimensions. Got old real fast.

Collectibles aren't bad, but are very simple to find. We have 37 morphing items that do morph fairly quickly, but still easy to spot. We also have 38 moons to find...these are very easy to see. No challenge here either.

I am never sure how people can give five stars to every game they review, even if they don't care for it. I think I'm more critical. This isn't a bad game, but there is no challenge, the story was very choppy and it is not CE worthy. This game is geared more toward the beginner who just wants to see how to play and not care about a story or challenge. I have a number of no brainer games for those lazy quiet days, but this one just didn't do it for me. I couldn't get into the story and it definitely needed more character interaction. I'm sure there will be others who really like it, but it just isn't for me. No buy today, but I will recommend it only for beginners.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for today.

HeatherDay
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Stranded Dreamscapes: Deadly Moonlight Collector's Editi

[Post New]by HeatherDay on Apr 23, 17 5:00 PM
dancemom1 wrote:

I am never sure how people can give five stars to every game they review, even if they don't care for it. I think I'm more critical. This game is geared more toward the beginner who just wants to see how to play and not care about a story or challenge. No buy today, but I will recommend it only for beginners.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this to to be exactly what you are looking for today.

I agree Reviewers give too many stars to games not worthy. I tend to click the 'Least Favorable' option and read reviews from there.
Games are an individual preference.
I, too, am critical when it comes to my money. Games I enjoy enough to purchase are far and few in-between.
I've been a vip paying member of BF since '12. Yes, I remember the old posters and the old forums yet have come to appreciate the new posters and new forums. Every game I've purchased is because of both "older posters" and "new posters" (most of the new posters have been around as long as me).
In the past few weeks, I've found the "new posters" game critique is usually spot on.

With that said, this game may be for 'beginners," as dancemom1 said.
But it is also for the old timers who have demo'd every game on Big Fish and haven't found anything worthy OR DIFFERENT.
I may be new at posting but I'm an old fish.
I'm not for spending money or coupons on games not worthy.
The last game(s) I purchased was the Alex Wolfe series.
Stranded Dreamscapes: Deadly Moonlight CE is a worthy adversary against my cash and or coupons

In my opinion, this is the best CE in MONTHS.
As dancemom1 said, "Try it for yourself."
Catch it on sale
Happy gaming, all!

edited for sentence format and punctuation....again (i will never learn lol)

Edited on 04/23/2017 at 6:02:50 PM PST

vibtek
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by vibtek on Apr 24, 17 3:01 PM
I think it is neat game one the best so far.

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Apr 29, 17 5:28 AM
Foxy57 wrote:Music so irritating, I had to close it. Which is something I rarely do. Noting new in this game. If you have a thing against CLOWNS, stay away

Thanks Foxy57 for the warning, clowns frighten me.

Go to: