Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

Gifting friends

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Apr 22, 17 8:06 AM
I'm new to this game as well as working with friends, so I'm unsure of how it really works. I only have 23 friends and usually try and gift for the postcards. For the last several days, when I try to send a gift I get a message in red - gifts already sent 5/5 - so I can't send anymore that day to several of these friends. What does that mean or what am I doing wrong.

Appreciate any advice.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

Re:Gifting friends

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Apr 22, 17 8:24 AM
You can gift up to 15 times per day / 5 friends at a time.

Can only gift the same person once per day.

Your new day starts at midnight GMT

So, the 3 gifting time slots vary by a player's time zone.

For Example, here's mine:
USA Mountain Time Zone
6pm to 1:59am
2am to 9:59am
10am to 5:59pm

Then it all juggles an hour when daylight savings times move.

Edited on 04/22/2017 at 8:28:24 AM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 22, 17 8:27 AM
You can send 1 gift to 5 friends 3 times every day. The 5/5 just means you have sent all the gifts you can for that period of time.
It resets at GMT Midnight, then again 8 hours later, then again 8 hours later.
The easiest way to tell is to watch the Daily Quest countdown. 1st gifting period is 23:59 to 16:00, 2nd is 15:59 to 8:00, & the 3rd is 7:59 to 0:00.
So you can send 15 gifts to 15 friends every day.

You beat me to it, Susie!

Edited on 04/22/2017 at 8:28:53 AM PST

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Apr 22, 17 8:29 AM
Okay, that makes sense, I guess I should get more friends then!

Thanks for the help!

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Apr 22, 17 8:44 AM
I keep a list of who gifted me what, as I gift each person I cross off what I received..

we could sorta gift the same person twice in one day by gifting them in one of the time spans then when the new day rolls over in the evening..

I have folks who gift me everyday and I gift them so my three times a day that is open for me to gift are filled.......then

I have friends who rotate their gifting how ever they choose you know by going through their friends list etc so that they gift once a month ,twice three, perhaps four etc...as soon as I have free space for gifting I gift them...

for me mc gifting is about being involved with other live players..i'm not a big chit-chatter,i am sort of a shut in meaning I don't have social traffic coming in and out of my home..

Go to: