skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

Finding Hidden Objects

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 22, 17 10:53 PM
I have been focusing more on playing the levels, and didn't originally focus on remembering where I found some of the HOs. But, since I'm now playing the levels a third time around, I'm trying to make an effort to remember where they are, in case anyone else has trouble.

One thing to keep in mind is that the objects are only going to be in the section of the map for that "chapter". So, at least you don't have to search that far for each list. Just look in between the "up" and "down" arrows for the current list you're working on.

As already discussed in separate threads, I thought the surfboard was purple, but I stand corrected that it's blue. (Sorry). It has also been established that the "paddles" are actually swim fins.

Someone in the review thread was having a hard time finding the "curling iron", and they sent me a PM. So, I paid particular attention to this one when I got there and it is almost invisible! It is somewhere around level 60, on the far left, above the pond with the giant heating element, in the clouds. Just click all around that area!

The footprints in one of the chapters are a little tricky, so if anyone has trouble let me know.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Finding Hidden Objects

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 23, 17 8:14 AM
The curling iron was one of the hardest things to locate for me also. I think they really hid it into the trees or something and I happened to get it only by randomly clicking around the map. [Update] On a replay, I finally figured out that the curling iron *is* hidden in the trees on the left side, very close to where the clouds are for the next stage that hasn't unlocked yet. Only a very little metallic bit of it is sticking out, on the right side of a tree canopy. Since all 5 HOs for each chapter will be only in the section of the map you're currently in (that chapter only), it's best to look for the HO as soon as it pops up so you won't have to scroll back later trying to remember what chapter some object was associated with.

The gorilla footprint was also pretty hard to find. The first time I played I only got it from random clicking, but on a replay, this is just past where the ice has melted on the right, next to the cactus. The kangaroo prints are the little tiny ones off to the left side of the map.

I haven't made it to the end of the game yet but have seen posts that the last HO can get "stuck" or not count to the final list. Don't know if that has to do with the "finished game bug" or if you can work around it by finding the last HO before playing level 150. In case anyone doesn't know, the quests open up every few levels and you can click the red X to close the level popup box, so you can go looking for the HO before playing a level.

Edited on 04/25/2017 at 8:11:33 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 23, 17 10:10 AM
Synth Is Ridiculously Bad at HOGS Dept.: I can't find the "fur seal footprint" which I'm guessing would be a flipper print. There was something that looked like it back in the ice next to the level 70 button, but that obviously isn't it.

Never mind, I just found it (LOL seems if I ask for help, I'll hit upon the solution within an hour more often than not) - it's a set of arc shaped prints just to the left of the pair of cacti up near the top right of the desert, close to the camels.

Edited on 04/23/2017 at 10:16:06 AM PST

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 23, 17 10:30 AM
I'm glad you mentioned the last HO (at level 150), because during my several "go arounds", twice it got stuck in the middle of the screen, and the last time it worked OK. However, the one thing that is consistent with this glitch is that the quest tab will still show that there is one HO remaining regardless. I don't think it matters whether you play level 150 first or find the HO first. But, in any event, I have always been able to complete level 150. It seems like I remember that you get credit for the gold, even though it shows 1 more left. But, of course, it doesn't matter at this point, unless you don't exit the game, and try to replay earlier levels. (I haven't tried that yet!)

Showgirl25
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Showgirl25 on Apr 25, 17 3:01 PM
Fur seal footprints in the desert? Seems unlikely, so I was looking in the icy areas. Also, I found the elusive curling tongs while looking for those particular footprints. Thanks!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 25, 17 6:39 PM
You're welcome I was feeling sorry for the penguins thinking of how they were in the desert by that point of the game and was glad the map got "colder" afterwards.

[Post New]by RhondaH70 on May 3, 17 1:33 PM
Has anyone found the "fish" in Berthi's or Berdi's section? Can't remember the name of the level and I'm currently on the computer I usually play the game on!

Thanks!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 3, 17 9:41 PM
Welcome to the pond!

It's a pair of black fish and I think they're well hidden underneath a tree or trees on the left. I'm working on a replay right now and noting all the HO locations but haven't gotten to that chapter of the game as of yet.

Go to: