skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

Exiting While you're in the Middle of Playing a Level

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 23, 17 11:20 AM
Just in case there are players out there that didn't notice, (I didn't the first time around), the hot pink exit icon that is on the map is not just for going to the main menu & exiting the game, you can use the same icon WHILE you're in the middle of playing a board, and that will take you back to the map or "retry". That way if you know you're going to lose a board, or you just want to check out the setup of a level without playing, you can easily replay or go back to the map without having to wait until you run out of moves.

Update: See SynthpopAddict's advice regarding this tip at the bottom of this thread. Good advice so you don't lose precious gold!

Edited on 05/02/2017 at 10:44:41 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Exiting While you're in the Middle of Playing a Level

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 23, 17 3:22 PM
The only thing I wish the developer had changed about that is not having the "level failed" message appear every time you want to replay a level. Poor sad seal!

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 23, 17 5:07 PM
I had to respond to your response here, because I was thinking the exact same thing! Call me crazy, but I was feeling sooo sorry for the sad seal, also! I didn't get the full gist of the story until the 2nd time around, and now every time I look at him trapped, and knowing that he is so afraid of being alone, I can't help being a little touched!

But, I wanted to mention here that there is a slight flaw in the way the narrative is displayed, because sometimes it is partially covered up by the "clouds", and if you click on the up arrow to go to the next chapter, you accidentally wipe out the narrative and lose that part of the story.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 23, 17 6:24 PM
Yes, I noticed that too. There was one chapter where I clicked the "let's go" button and then I lost that part of the story. They also forgot to actually free the seal after the storyline goes on about how the cat and the Yeti freed the seal. I was scrolling back to replay some levels and saw that the seal was still stuck in the ice cage afterwards. Fortunately by the time you get to the party scene the seal does appear cage-free, but I forgot to scroll back down to see if there would still be a doppelganger seal further down in the map LOL.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 1, 17 8:18 PM
Update to exiting while midlevel: Be careful with doing this if you have a booster(s) picked in the popup box before starting the level. If you restart for any reason at all or even if you don't make a single move, restarting the level subtracts one from the booster count if you'd picked a booster and you don't get it back!

Using ice cream is by far the best booster, but if you just want to see what the level looks like so you can better plan out your strategy or boosters to pick, make sure you deselected all the boosters first, then go into the level and get back out of it. Then you can pick boosters afterwards but do your best to win.

Go to: