Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Pretty Snails here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 24, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/24/2017 at 5:12:20 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Pretty Snails here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 24, 17 5:12 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on PrettySnails here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on PrettySnails.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Apr 24, 17 11:05 AM
Fun game. No time limits or tiny hidden objects.

The bright colors and unique shapes do make this easier to play (especially on those of us with older eyes.)

Bilyeu5
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Only One Player at a Time

[Post New]by Bilyeu5 on Apr 24, 17 3:21 PM
I LOVE this cute little stress reliever. The only drawback is that there's not a place to enter player name. That means only one person can play at a time. I'm pretty slow, so unless this is a short game my DH will be waiting awhile for his turn!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 26, 17 6:18 PM
Hee hee hee...I have the snails! As some have mentioned elsewhere, this is a clone of Penguin Rescue, but I really enjoyed PR so had to check this one out. The gameplay and powerups work exactly the same, although they took out the "magic egg" which didn't work anyway LOL. I'm only at level 41 of 150 as of this writing, but the levels seem easier, so if PR was too much for you but you liked the concept, give this a try. [update] I stand corrected after playing through another 30 or so levels. The game DOES get much harder after a while, so don't be fooled by how baby easy it starts out. You will have to use the gray matter and strategize to win the levels eventually, so if you aren't the sort that likes to try a few times to solve a level and/or play more by using powerups all the time to do the work for you, this will not be for you after about 60 levels.

There don't seem to be as many of the levels with the moving sections, which is a bit of a disappointment to me as I enjoyed the extra challenge those levels provided in PR. The other obstacles seem to all be there though and appearing at about the same points in the game.

The HOs are a little harder for me to find since the map scene is darker. I also noticed that the covered tiles in the M3 boards seem lighter, which makes them a bit harder for me to see. Totally cute snails though...even the flower shaped pieces are cute snails and I can't help but chuckle at the antics when you make combos of powerups. Three starring the levels isn't quite the project here because this game allows the score to keep racking up if you have a chain reaction of powerups going off when you've completed the level goals. With that said, I'm still stumped on how to 3 star level 38.

Edited on 04/27/2017 at 10:20:56 AM PST

[Post New]by Snowdragon_23 on Apr 27, 17 4:36 PM
Fun and cute M3 game.
Like many have said- it looks a lot like Penguin Rescue which I bought.
If you liked PR you will like Pretty Snails too.
I like that the combinations you make still blow up at the end (unlike PR) and so you get all your points even if you couldn't use them all..
I wish the game's screen size could be adjusted, but right now it is either full screen or a tiny little square.
I have only "found" one of the map quest items so far- the others I just clicked the screen randomly until it said I found them. I'd rather find them but my eyes just aren't seeing them.
So... fun and cute and I'll buy it in a few days. Thanks.

MaryCQB
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by MaryCQB on Apr 27, 17 10:02 PM
Stuck at level 30 after buying this game. Kind of disappointed they upped the game after I bought it. Colorful graphics, so-so on the snails. Tried the Penguin rescue. HO are easy to find on that game. I've found them all on this one.

[Post New]by KatesMomWA on Apr 30, 17 9:41 AM
**NO RELAXED MODE**

Not a fan because the game does have a limit to the number of moves with no way to turn that off. I did fine up until level 74. Now I am stuck and running out of money to purchase boosters with no way to get more money unless I can complete the board (which I am unable to do). I think it is disappointing to purchase a game that you cannot finish. There needs to be a relaxed mode. This game is challenging enough that even with a relaxed mode, there would still be need for thought and strategy to complete the higher level puzzles (and it would still be enjoyable to have that challenge). Another option would be some way to earn money without completing play (so one could purchase enough boosters to get past a difficult level like 74). When I saw the first reviews that said no time limit, I thought there would be a way to play relaxed mode, but after purchasing, realized there is a limit in moves with no apparent way to turn that off. At the very least, after a few failures at a level, it should offer to play without a limit for that level.

Edited on 04/30/2017 at 9:42:34 AM PST

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 30, 17 10:19 AM
Hang in there, KatesMomWA!

Another player discovered that in Pretty Snails level 30, if you keep replaying it, it will give you another 30 in gold. In Penguin Rescue, it's level 45.

Also, if you were to get to the end of the game and find the last HO, (which gives you 160 in gold for completing the last chapter), there is a glitch where if you exit the game, then re-enter the game, you can pick up the cell phone again and get another 160 in gold (see the thread regarding this).

[Post New]by KatesMomWA on May 1, 17 10:21 PM
Thanks, skpjazz. I will go back and replay Level 30 a few times and see if I can earn enough money to keep going.

Go to: