Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

Face Powder on level 2

[Post New]by Nilosh on Apr 24, 17 9:32 AM
Wondering if anyone was able to locate the Face Powder (hidden Object) in Level 2.
Thanks in advance.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

Re:Face Powder on level 2

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 24, 17 5:20 PM
Hi Nilosh,

I finally found it above level 45, and slightly to the left. It's a green compact. You can't get to it until you've completed level 45 and go up to the "powder room". I think the devs made a mistake, because each list of HOs are supposed to be on the section of the map for that chapter. The gold necklace, which was the last HO on that quest list, was in the correct section, and it was in the large green foliage on the right, near the purple cottage.

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Apr 25, 17 2:22 PM
I can't seem to find the bottle of lemonade. I've clicked on the only bottle I can find, but it doesn't respond, so I must be missing something.

Never mind, I finally found it. Just had to rest my eyes for a while.

Edited on 04/25/2017 at 9:02:38 PM PST

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Apr 25, 17 3:37 PM
Hi SKYPEJAZZ, Thank you found it but am terminally stuck on level 59. It is impossible to complete without any bonuses and have no coins left which I think the developers did not think off when creating this game. You cannot earn coins by replaying previous levels so the only thing left to do is to start from the beginning which makes it very tedious. Another wasted game credit.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 25, 17 6:17 PM
Hi Nilosh, sorry to hear you ran out of gold. I don't have this game (yet) but since it seems to be very similar to how Penguin Rescue plays and I finished PR - a real secret to playing is probably going to be "clamping down like a Rottweiler and not using any powerups". You can earn a little more gold when you earn more stars on a previously played level, but yes, the gold collecting is very slow and you can't get more gold on a level you already 3 starred. I have found in Penguin Rescue at least that if you simply restart the level when it looks like you're not going to win and just keep on trying, you'll get it eventually. Sometimes it is a matter of luck with getting a good cascade going or getting the bigger matches so you can use the free powerups (or being able to combine the powerups you made with the bigger matches).

Since skpjazz mentioned elsewhere that there's no way to create player profiles in this game, if you want to restart from the beginning you'll have to delete the saved game files for Pretty Snails from the appdata folder in your C: drive.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 25, 17 10:27 PM
Nilosh,

I hope you're still playing and haven't given up yet, because I understand how frustrating it is when you run out of gold. But you can win this level without any boosters that require gold. It may take replaying a few times, but once you get the "hang" of creating the boosters with match 4, the L or T match 5, and the straight match 5, you can win this level easily.

I replayed this level before coming back to post a reply to you, and I was able to create a couple of match 5's which are called "colorful bunch of flowers" and combine the two of them - which cleared out most of the tiles on the unconnected columns of both sides. Then if you concentrate on making other match 4s or 5s, you can clear the remaining ones. I did this without using any gold, and yes, I probably got lucky with that particular setup on the board, but it is doable, even if you have to replay several times. Actually, running out of gold forces you to work on the creation of the powerups/boosters, and like anything else, the more you do it, the better you get at it! Good luck!

Edited on 04/26/2017 at 2:21:03 PM PST

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Apr 26, 17 3:03 AM
Thank you Synthpop Addict and Skypjazz, will take advice. Still I think the developers got a bit lazy with this. You should be able to earn gold by replaying previous levels but thank you anyways.
CHeers
Nilosh

duke216
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by duke216 on Apr 26, 17 11:43 AM
Nilosh wrote:Hi SKYPEJAZZ, Thank you found it but am terminally stuck on level 59. It is impossible to complete without any bonuses and have no coins left which I think the developers did not think off when creating this game. You cannot earn coins by replaying previous levels so the only thing left to do is to start from the beginning which makes it very tedious. Another wasted game credit.

I found in Penguin Rescue you could earn 30 coins on Level 45 almost each time you replayed it. Whether you won the level or not and even if you already had three stars. Because of that level, finishing the game was much easier. Has anyone discovered a level on Pretty Snails to earn extra coins? I'm stuck on Level 92 and extra coins sure would be helpful!

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 26, 17 2:13 PM
Hi duke216,

Thanks for this information! I have played Penguin Rescue several times over, and I had never noticed that about level 45. The last couple of times I played, I didn't need to use as much gold, and I was able to maintain at least 600. I have left a game "going" on PR, in case I need to replay levels to help anyone who might need help. I am glad I did, because I will go back and replay this level to see if that works for me.

I haven't found any levels like that on Pretty Snails yet, and I've been paying attention to my accumulated gold. I will try to figure it out and get back. I am somewhere around level 92 on PS, so I will play that level to see if there is an easy way to win it without using gold. (I'll be back!)

Update: First of all, I replayed level 45 in Penguin Rescue, and I did not get one penny of gold! I don't know why you got so lucky, duke216!

Second of all, I have bad news on level 92 in Pretty Snails I won it, but I admit, I had to buy the "Fall Leaves" booster, plus use the garden trowel? in order to do it.
I replayed again without using any boosters, and got close, but close doesn't count! Like all the levels in both PR and PS, they are doable, but it may take replaying several times, getting lucky on board setups, and thinking through each move. Good Luck! (But shame on you for running out of gold, LOL)

Edited on 04/26/2017 at 3:23:13 PM PST

duke216
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by duke216 on Apr 27, 17 8:56 AM
Thanks skpjazz!

I guess Level 45 on PR was extremely lucky for me, but boo on not having a "gold" level on PS.

I started at the beginning of PS replaying each level. So far four different levels have given me 30 coins. I go back and play them again, nothing. I have only replayed 27 levels so I supposed there is hope to gather more coins. I will conquer!

Yes! Shame on me! I usually, like you, keep a good-sized bank. I've learned my lesson... AGAIN! Trust me, I will be very stingy with my booster buying from now on.

Thanks again for your help.

UPDATE:
skpjazz, I think I found my "gold" level! After playing level 30 a few times it started giving me 30 gold whether I won or lost the level. Needless to say, I am a very happy camper and have over 300 gold! I think I'm ready to tackle level 92 with many "Fall Leaves" boosters. I think I'll fill up on all the boosters! Hope this works for others.

UPDATE:
I conquered Level 92!

Edited on 04/27/2017 at 2:18:09 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 27, 17 4:53 PM
duke216 wrote:UPDATE:
I conquered Level 92!

Congrats! I just got past level 92 myself but man, that level is insane. I couldn't do it without the leaves booster and a lot of +5 moves. Most of the levels are doable if you give it a few tries; sometimes it's a matter of getting lucky with having the cascades or a good setup going. But on 92 I couldn't figure out how to get past all those triple leaves and bubbles without the insects dropping to the leaves and getting stuck there, so finally had to "buy" my way out of it.

Fortunately I've just been playing through by being muleheaded on most levels and refusing to use the powerups hardly at all, so still have a decent amount of gold but if I run out later will try the level 30 trick. Thanks for sharing!

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 27, 17 6:24 PM
Congratulations, duke216!

I didn't see your post, until just now, and I'm glad to see you got it! Something just triggered my memory, and it does seem like I remember in PR that if you replay a level so many times, the game "feels sorry for you", and gives you more gold! Maybe that's what happened! Thanks for the info. I may need it with level 117. Keep on keeping on!

Update: Just had to come back and tell you duke216, that before I read your post, I had called it quits for the evening, because I was stuck on 117, and, SHAME ON ME, I had gotten very low on gold, too! So....thank you for discovering level 30 gold, because it worked for me, too!!

Edited on 04/27/2017 at 7:52:13 PM PST

Go to: