ellenkcl
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Declining friends explanation....

[Post New]by ellenkcl on Apr 24, 17 11:06 AM
I don't seem to understand the canceling of friends. If I hit he trash can they go into the declined list..... Do they stay there forever or how do I get rid of them from there?

If a friend cancels me do they just disappear from my friends page? I tried to find an answer in other places but have not had any success....

Ellen

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

Re:Declining friends explanation....

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 24, 17 11:17 AM
BFG have a clean up every so often and, based on the date you declined them, they get removed.
You personally can't do anything to delete them permanently.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 24, 17 11:19 AM
Excerpt from the Friends section on page 1 of the New Strategy Guide:

You will notice that there are green and red indicators at the top left of each friend card. This indicates if a friend is active or inactive. This can be helpful in determining if you want to continue to gift this person. General info on sending/receiving friend requests:

1. If you send an invite to them, YOUR invite to them will be in your Invited folder.....ON THEIR SOCIAL PAGE, your invite to them will be in their New Requests folder until they either accept or decline.

2. If they decline, YOUR invite goes to THEIR Declined folder, but the invite remains in your Invited folder until you decide to remove it.

3. If they accept, their card goes to the back of your friends’ folder until their wish list is published by the server. They then go to their alphabetical place with your other cards.

4. If EITHER PLAYER then deletes the other one......the one who does the deleting will have the deleted player in their Declined folder........the one who was deleted will see the other player's card in their Invited folder. If you then remove it from your Invited folder, it will disappear from the declining friend's Declined folder. If you never delete your card from the Invited folder, your card will remain in the other player's Declined folder until BFG does their periodic clean up of that folder.

5. There is no way for a player to remove cards from their Declined folder except to accept them back as a friend (until BFG does their routine clean up).

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Apr 24, 17 11:20 AM
If YOU delete a friend, their name goes into your declined tab and YOUR name goes into their invited tab.

If a FRIEND deletes you, your name goes into their declined tab and YOUR name goes into your invited tab.

Friendship is a bilateral transaction, which means the names have to be removed from both games simultaneously. This is accomplished by deleting names from the invited tab. Names are also removed when the developers runs a cleanup routine as part of an update.

So the 'dumper' can not 'get rid of' anybody completely. The removal of all signs of the friendship is in the hands of the 'dumpee' or the developer.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Apr 24, 17 11:24 AM
Also ellenkcl, if a friend deletes you, you will get an "invite" to accept the offer that will permanently remove yourself from their game. Same for you when you delete and it is mutual you drop off each others' lists.

The purge of the decline list is great though for getting rid of players who no longer have access to those games either by no longer playing or game crashes.

ellenkcl
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ellenkcl on Apr 24, 17 11:37 AM
Thanks all for the explanation. I was wondering how a friend got to an invited list and when I couldn't find them I found them there and it asked me do I want to accept them..
Just a little confusing for my old shriveled up brain.... Thanks again for explanation.

Ellen

Go to: