bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Fables of the Kingdom II Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 25, 17 12:29 AM
Lead the brave hero Kevin and his friends and go in search of the magic armor, hidden in the farthest corners of the fairy kingdom. Help the heroes overcome all obstacles in their journey to get back the armor and save King Artos from a terrible curse. You will enjoy all the beauties of your native kingdom and meet face to face with the wily sorcerer Balen. Build and improve buildings, use powerful spells, overcome obstacles and get acquainted with the unusual characters that inhabit the fairy world of the game.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

Re:Fables of the Kingdom II Collector's Edition

[Post New]by janspack on Apr 25, 17 4:10 AM
I like this game (and the first one) but can anyone tell me what makes this a CE? So far, haven't found anything extra to warrant it and I can't access the whole strategy guide to find out what, if anything, makes this worth the extra money.

Anyone else know the answer?

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 25, 17 5:03 AM
Doesn't seem much for twice the price; integrated SG is always handy for these types of games and there's a bonus chapter too. Aside from wallpapers, there doesn't appear to be any other extras.

I read elsewhere that the characters move so slowly, it's hard to get 3 gold stars on some levels. Apparently there is a relaxed mode though, which will please a lot of fishies (including me!)

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Apr 25, 17 5:56 AM
angelfish106 wrote:Doesn't seem much for twice the price; integrated SG is always handy for these types of games and there's a bonus chapter too. Aside from wallpapers, there doesn't appear to be any other extras.

I read elsewhere that the characters move so slowly, it's hard to get 3 gold stars on some levels. Apparently there is a relaxed mode though, which will please a lot of fishies (including me!)

Thanks Angelfish. I hadn't noticed any difference in the character's speed but like you, I prefer relaxed mode so perhaps I wouldn't anyway.

Will have to have a think as to whether I can justify the extra cost for very little more than a SE.

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Apr 25, 17 6:00 AM
Standard editions don't usually have strategy guides, so that's one extra. This Collector's Edition has some downloadable wallpapers and some extra levels. I don't know how many extra levels there are. I don't rate wallpapers as an extra, so it depends on how useful the strategy guide is. You have to complete the game to access the extra levels, however many there are.

I've been playing in relaxed mode to see if I enjoy the game. It's been fun so far, so this is a possible purchase for me.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Apr 25, 17 6:51 AM
I read that there are 45 levels so I don't know how many are in the main game as I'm just downloading it now.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Apr 25, 17 9:55 AM
Cute game, good graphics, can't say about the music or sounds (turned off), get gold even on relaxed mode, don't have to re-play if time runs out, guide doesn't show how many levels or anything other than level you are working on. Workers move slowly at first but you get bonuses that speed them up. Enjoying playing will have to comment later on replay value for both CE and SE.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 26, 17 3:42 AM
I enjoyed the demo. I didn't think the characters were particularly slow; I read elsewhere that they moved 'as if running through molasses' but I don't agree.

There are bonuses like run faster, extra resources, time freeze etc., all fairly typical of this genre. SG seems good enough and the graphics are clear and colourful.

Sale day today so it's a buy for me. This type of game is becoming an endangered species, so I buy almost every one that's released

palegoldfish
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by palegoldfish on Apr 27, 17 12:09 PM
@cottoncandy I have the first Fables of the Kingdom and there are 40 levels.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on May 1, 17 5:48 PM
How do you find the extra levels. I don't feel like this should have been a CE.

123mikey321
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by 123mikey321 on May 2, 17 12:37 PM
If you haven't found the extra levels you can access them after you finish all the main levels by hitting Extras on main menu then there is a box at the bottom that says "Extra Levels". Good luck.

[Post New]by alknows on May 20, 17 8:51 PM
If you buy this game when a 60 percent discount is offered, the price is only $1 more than what you would pay for the regular game.

Go to: