Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Fables of the Kingdom II Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 25, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/25/2017 at 6:54:06 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fables of the Kingdom II Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 25, 17 6:51 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Fables of the Kingdom II Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Fables of the Kingdom II Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

HeatherDay
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fables of the Kingdom II Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by HeatherDay on Apr 25, 17 11:07 AM
Running Win7 64bit on laptop. No issues downloading and/or during game-play.
The custom mouse (my nemesis) worked fine during demo.

The game page labeled Fables of the Kingdom II as a Strategy game. As I love strategy, I gave it a shot. In my opinion (IMO), it's more of a time-management.
The Adelantado Trilogy is (IMO) a Strategy game. Even Rescue Team can be labeled as Strategy (again, IMO) but not this game.

My review is based on the Demo only!
This game is cute with beautiful graphics.
With the Relaxed Mode option at the very beginning (under Mode on title page), it is a good lunch-break game. Or a game to relax with after work or school.

Also, another plus: clicking ahead is automatic.

The little men and their voices ("Uh-huh!") didn't bother me during the demo but I keep my speakers turned down to a non-intrusive volume.
With that said, I enjoyed the music during the demo. I especially liked the whistling and flute within the music-score.

It being a CE, I clicked on flowers and mushrooms hoping for a collectable.

As others have already said, and I agree, the CE probably involves more levels than the SE (upon the SE release, of course)

I recommend for all who enjoy TM's to try the demo.
This game is family friendly with multiple profiles so all can play.
Try for yourself before purchasing! And keep in mind the SE will be released soon.
Happy gaming, all!

edited for sentence structure

Edited on 04/25/2017 at 11:16:42 AM PST

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Apr 25, 17 11:50 PM
While being a fun game, there is absolutely nothing making this CE worthy. An extra handful of levels does not make a CE. But I will have fun once the standard version is released.

Edited on 04/27/2017 at 12:57:36 AM PST

Wolfangels
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by Wolfangels on Apr 28, 17 1:21 PM
I agree not CE worthy & it's a "Time-Management" which is fine with me but I was looking forward to a good Strategy game. Ran into trouble on some levels starting with 35 and I can't even find any U Tube vidoes higher than level 30.... I don't know I'll keep trying cos don't like to give up ... Hope someone posts some hints LOL ...

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on May 12, 17 3:37 PM
so happy to see some fun games again. I was about to give up!!

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on May 20, 17 5:49 PM
fun game but not worth the CE price.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on May 29, 17 2:14 PM
finally finished.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 15, 17 9:44 AM
Kevin and his friends have set out on a magical journey to find magic armor to save the cursed King. Of course the Kingdom is full of obstacles at every turn to make this an epic journey adventure. I love this game just as much as the first, although it does tend to be a bit on the easy side as far as Time Management games go. You can play in a Timed or Relaxed, untimed mode, which is a feature I believe the first Fables of the Kingdom didn't offer.
Achievements are available, some of them have three different levels to achieve a bronze, silver and gold trophy.
The graphics are very well done in this somewhat easy Time Management/Strategy game. Each level has a specific set of goals to accomplish, to receive up to three golden stars. You will have to use strategy when constructing buildings, so that you will have enough resources to complete other tasks.
Roads must be cleared of pits, stones, and branches, broken carts must be disassembled and bridges repaired. You will have to collect food for needed energy to complete these tasks as well. Farms can be built to produce more food, Sawmills to produce wood, Gold mines for funds and Libraries to learn various spells. The spells are actually bonuses that when fully charged can be used to speed up the workers, make construction faster, or receive more resources. When you upgrade buildings you can get more workers or a larger supply of resources. The tasks are clear, and fairly easy to achieve, they are listed at the top of the screen so you can see your progress easily.
In this Collector's Edition there are 6 Wallpapers and Extra Levels, but hardly worthy of the extra price in my opinion, so I will wait for the Standard Edition to be released. Enjoy!

Go to: